Anyone know any working alarm apps that work on 5.0 OS and a storm 9550? I used to use Adorno multi alarm, swore by it. Everyday would wake me without problem.

But since the 5.0 OS it won't let me choose individual tracks off my SD card to use as the alarm. Before it could launch any ringtone to use as my alarm. But now it can't gain access to the SD card.

Wrote the developer and they said it is a problem with 5.0 and they can't fix it. Problem is on RIM's end. The developer said i should write RIM and ask why it doesn't work...which is odd, cause even if RIM could tell me why, i am not the one who can do the fix to the App. :shrug:

So i need an alarm app that lets me choose different tracks for each alarm. I know adorno has alarm sounds built in now, but i don't really like any of them.

I don't want to hear use the stock calendar alarm app, i don't like it, i can't choose different tracks, it's always the same sound for every alarm. I don't like that, nor would i like having 15 appointments listed every day, i'd never know when a real appointment was going to be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    11-10-09 08:19 AM
    I dunno I have multiple alarms set on my phone and I have my own ringtones from my card for all of them. As far as having 15 appointments, no need for that either. You just go into calendar press bb button and select new alarm and then it is an alarm not a calender reminder or anything.
    11-10-09 12:03 PM
    I use bbsmart alarms pro for my 8820. I don't know if it is compatable for OS 5.0. Go search on the crackberry apps page. Hopefully there is something cause I'm gonna be getting the S2 soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 01:58 PM
    I was a big fan of BBSmart Alarms on my 8330. Now that I have a Storm2 running 5.0 it isn't compatible.

Are there any good alarm apps out for us Storm2 9550 users?
    09-22-10 03:46 PM
    Good God old topic!!!

idk adorno has one and swoosh alarm, there are a ton that will work.
    09-22-10 04:48 PM
    I haven't found a good one yet either. I have Fruity Apps' Multi Alarm pro but it doesn't work well with the Storm. It won't let me select the days. M-F are selected by default but if I want to use it on weekends, I have to set individual alarms. And as mentioned, Adorno doesn;t allow for MP3 alarms. So they both work but with those drawbacks.
    09-22-10 06:44 PM
    Good God old topic!!!

idk adorno has one and swoosh alarm, there are a ton that will work.
    That is why I commented on a thread from last November rather than starting a new one. You didn't have to read the thread if it is such an old topic to you. I guess I should have looked into the future and researched every app that will work on every device to be prepared for when I changed devices.

Not everyone got there Storm2 at release.
    09-23-10 03:45 PM
    That is why I commented on a thread from last November rather than starting a new one. You didn't have to read the thread if it is such an old topic to you. I guess I should have looked into the future and researched every app that will work on every device to be prepared for when I changed devices.

Not everyone got there Storm2 at release.
    Pay no attention to him. You had every right to bump the thread. If you had started a new one someone would have bashed you for that too . And the thing is... the question still hasn't been answered.
    09-23-10 08:59 PM
    I use " Bug Me " for everything. Its one of the best apps I've purchased.

09-23-10 09:21 PM
    I use " Bug Me " for everything. Its one of the best apps I've purchased.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out and see if it is what I am looking for in an alarm app.
    09-24-10 08:04 AM
    i love BBSmart Alarm!
    09-26-10 12:49 AM
    I use fruityapps "multi alarm pro". Works great. I got it from appworld. I believe they have it on their page as well, fruityapps.com. I have different alarms set thru out the week, and on a few days, multiple alarms per day. Never fails to deliver. It accesses my ringtones, and SD card whenever I chose not to use one of their provided alarm tunes. I've had it for quite some time so I can't remener exactly how much I paid for it. I do know that it was worth every penny tho.

09-26-10 03:06 AM
    I use fruityapps "multi alarm pro". Works great. I got it from appworld. I believe they have it on their page as well, fruityapps.com. I have different alarms set thru out the week, and on a few days, multiple alarms per day. Never fails to deliver. It accesses my ringtones, and SD card whenever I chose not to use one of their provided alarm tunes. I've had it for quite some time so I can't remener exactly how much I paid for it. I do know that it was worth every penny tho.

I have that app too but it doesn't allow me to set the days. Are you able to? M-F is set by default but what about weekends? What if you want a recurring alarm for Wednesday only? Are you able to do this?
    09-26-10 09:44 AM
    Yah I just hit the days to select/de-select them. I'm able to chose the days without a problem.

09-27-10 12:29 AM
    Look into bugme... You can do all that and its incredibly user friendly. I'm a Pro Photographer by day and work EMS on overnights... with little to no time left, that app pretty much tells me when and what to do!
    09-27-10 01:12 AM
    I have been using "Alarm Clock" from Bulbera. Seems to work pretty flawlessly. Allows me to select any mp3 for the alert. Multiple notification profiles can be defined. Good stuff.
    09-27-10 03:55 PM
    Yah I just hit the days to select/de-select them. I'm able to chose the days without a problem.

That's the thing... I hit the days and it doesn't respond.
    09-27-10 07:12 PM
    Just grabbed BB Smart Alarms and that works. Its the EXACT same thing as the Fruity Apps one except this one the days work . I must have had the wrong version. Weird because the touchscreen worked with everything but the days. Oh well, I'm happy now.
    09-27-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD