For some reason, the past few days I have not been able to log onto AIM on my Curve 8320.

When i try to sign on I get the sign on screen and then it just sits on "Receiving Groups" and thats it....It never actually logs on.

I tried deleting and reinstalling AIM and that did not correct the problem...

any ideas? Is there an outage?
    06-17-08 08:13 AM
    i have been having the same problem since yesterday too.

i have tmobile,

anyone solve the problem?
    06-17-08 11:53 AM
    AIM was down this morning, not sure about last night.
    06-17-08 12:06 PM
    are you able to log into aim now?
    06-17-08 01:09 PM
    AIM is back up for me. I can connect via Jivetalk.
    06-17-08 01:26 PM
    Still nothing for me.
    06-17-08 02:05 PM
    I just bought my 8320 on friday.. and saturday AIM dies. Since then it only logged in twice. I noticed tho if i tired to log in on my BB n then give up n try from my PC, it crashes the PC AIM unless i get lucky n it signed into AIM Mobile. Sounds like AOL is being its old lame self again.
    06-17-08 06:44 PM
    Hmmmm..... I smell something fishy. My AIM on my BB 8320 croaked late Sunday night and hasn't been working since. I thought it was odd that my friend's AIM bit the dust as well. We're both T-Mobile customers. After being on with tech support from T-Mobile, Blackberry, and AOL Mobile, I've pretty much given up. I've done everything you could possibly think of to remedy the situation- including getting a brand new SIM card. No dice. AIM works fine on JiveTalk- but I would prefer to use the AIM client itself. If anyone who is affected makes some progress, please post. Thanks!
    06-17-08 10:10 PM
    omg this has happened to me oh so many times

it finally got to the point of NEVER signing on so i took it to my dealer and he got me a refurb for free....

and everthing worked fine for a while

then now its happening again...its so frustrating....

i dont know what it is

and i have Tmobile too....

so i just decided to download JIVETALK...so worth it
    06-17-08 10:15 PM
    AIM was always a problem for me on my blackberry.
    And I was just coming from a sidekick 3, so you know... AIM was really important to have. lol.

I did some searching on here and came across Jive Talk.
    Love it.
    It's a strain on the battery, at least mine... I think.
    But well worth it.
    06-18-08 12:57 AM
    I've had my curve for a few days, logged into aim today for the first time.
    I try to go back into it a minute later, nothing. All other apps work besides aim. I get nothing when i try to open it then eventually a white screen, what gives?? this sucks
    06-18-08 03:27 PM
    quick update, mine is alive again, started logining in and loading the buddy list, might be a network issue. anyone else got their service back?
    06-18-08 09:45 PM
    its tmobile's network...it sucks on the sidekicks as well....you could loose service randomly for hours at a time...i believe the last service blackout lasted 12hrs
    06-19-08 06:42 PM
    lol well this one is the record... 72hrs
    06-19-08 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD