Anyone know where I can get an AIM app??? I got the MSN app and I like it. It works like BB msger with msges in the inbox. I'm looking for an app like for AIM. everyone that I find I can't download it(thanks verizon).
    If anyone one knows and has got a link I would greatly appreciate it.
    08-12-08 09:38 PM
    Beejive is the best. It's not free but it uses data not txt.
    08-12-08 09:39 PM
    I got the Jivetalk demo and and its killing my batt. I have only had it off the charger for 10 and half hours, I haven't really beat on it like I normally do with txts, haven't used the net and I'm sitting at 40% batt. Hmmmm???
    08-12-08 09:47 PM
    I love beejive/jivetalk. The free aim app that verizon provides is sluggish and uses text messages, making you pay more $ for the unlimited text plan.

beejive is very much worth the $, great interface and uses data.
    08-13-08 09:28 AM
    I hope this question isn't too dumb. If you use beejive, does it replace the sms and bb messenger? Now I use sms to text anyone I know that doesn't have a bb. Otherwise, I use the bb messenger. Does that make sense. I have these other IM apps on the device such as AIM and yahoo. I'm just a little confused as to what is the point of all of them. Does someone else have to be using beehive for it to work with your phone when sending them an IM? Sorry for the rather na�ve question. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    08-13-08 09:42 AM
    AIM for VZW :

VZStart

Click from your BB
    Mobile IM
    Downlaod Now

It's like the AIM used on a PC. You can add, delete, block buddies. Set away messages.

Another way to use AIM is the text version. you can send and receive IM's as text messages. they will come into your inbox as a normal text would. to sign onto mobile AIM:

Send a text to the short code: 4646
    in the body type your screen name a space and your password.

Both solutions posted above use SMS, meaning they are taken out of your message bundle. i use both as needed and found both to be timely!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-13-08 at 10:02 AM.
    08-13-08 09:45 AM
    I went to my homepage then applications (I think) and downloaded MobileIM . Its a good application, but for the past week it had a network error could not connect.

Anyone else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 09:28 PM
    [QUOTE=frederico265;603728]Anyone know where I can get an AIM app??? I got the MSN app and I like it. It works like BB msger with msges in the inbox. I'm looking for an app like for AIM. everyone that I find I can't download it(thanks verizon).
    If anyone one knows and has got a link I would greatly appreciate it.[/QU

vzw has there own im aswell you can download wich gives you aim,yahoo,and msn
    browser>home>mobile im > download
    08-13-08 09:54 PM
    I went to my homepage then applications (I think) and downloaded MobileIM . Its a good application, but for the past week it had a network error could not connect.

No issues here. i've been on and off aim using the vzw app and it's working.

08-14-08 05:16 AM
    [QUOTE=bx2md;607995]
    Anyone know where I can get an AIM app??? I got the MSN app and I like it. It works like BB msger with msges in the inbox. I'm looking for an app like for AIM. everyone that I find I can't download it(thanks verizon).
    If anyone one knows and has got a link I would greatly appreciate it.[/QU

vzw has there own im aswell you can download wich gives you aim,yahoo,and msn
    browser>home>mobile im > download
    Click the vz start link i posted above from your bb!

08-14-08 05:18 AM

That app is garbage. I downloaded it and was able to use it once or twice before it stopped letting me connect. I tossed it.
    08-14-08 05:23 AM
    Wow, really? i've had no issues with it. i love that app!

08-14-08 05:34 AM
    I to have had no problems with this app..
    I also run aim and yahoo both open at the same time and no problems
    08-14-08 12:01 PM
    there is a way to install RIM's AIM but you need the proper service book from verizon to use it........ And of course Verizon wont support it
    08-14-08 04:38 PM
    there is a way to install RIM's AIM but you need the proper service book from verizon to use it........ And of course Verizon wont support it
    Its also not working for me, i am with AT&T.
    08-14-08 05:07 PM
    Gotta love 'em!
    08-15-08 03:34 AM
    The Mobile IM app really stinks. It won't even load my buddy list. I have to manually enter each screen name which is a pain in the ****. My gf has sprint and her aim app is much better, but that doesnt help me.
    08-15-08 04:20 PM
    The VZW app is terrible and I can't stand it. I'm gonna probably buy the Beejive after the trial is up unless i found something else. I cleaned my phone up, cleared some memory and only run beejive when I'm talking and never leave it running and I can just make a day on one charge.
    08-15-08 07:07 PM
    Has anyone tried Web Messenger? Its not as good as Jivetalk, but it is free.
    WebMessenger Inc.
    08-15-08 08:06 PM
    Has anyone tried Web Messenger? Its not as good as Jivetalk, but it is free.
    WebMessenger Inc.
    does this allow you to use pre excisting im's like gtalk,aim and yahoo?
    or do I have to use there own type of im
    08-15-08 08:23 PM
    im getting delayed aim's on my blackberry tour any help?
    01-20-10 08:08 PM
    I've had horrible experience using the actual AIM app found in BB app world. I've tried it on a Bold 9700 and several VZW Blackberrys and there is a delay every time. And sometimes I never even get the message at all. I switched my settings on AIM on my pc so that it uses txt msgs back and forth. Much better but uses a lot of txt msgs if u don't have unlimited. If u have a BB try the txt method.

01-22-10 02:46 AM
    im getting delayed aim's on my blackberry tour any help?
    This has been happening to everyone across all carriers for a few weeks. hoefully it will be fixed soon. For now, if you just refresh the contact list, it will also update all the messages.
    01-23-10 01:15 AM
    i no longer use the BlackBerry App World AIM nor the VZW Mobile IM app. Both were constantly booting me off randomly daily.

Now i just turned on AIM Forwarding and get any AIM messages via SMS.

01-23-10 04:08 AM
    I downloaded my AIM from the mobile.blackberry.com site and I've never had any problems with it. I have VZW btw

01-23-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD