All of a sudden my AIM app is not notifying me of new messages. I have to refresh to see the replies to my IMs.

I have deleted and reinstalled to no avail. I have checked all notification settings and they are correct.

I see that people posted this issue back in January, but no one ever solved it. Any thoughts now?
    05-28-10 07:59 AM
    @KarenMF

I'm having that same problem. I have the Storm 1. AIM was working fine until about a day or 2 ago. Then all of a sudden my IM's weren't coming to my phone. Although, I could send them out. My buddies said they've been sending me messages back, but I'm not getting them, which sucks!!!!!!!!! And yeah the "refresh list" works but that gets annoying after a while...

I've checked the recent aim reviews, and alot of people have been having this same problem. So I guess it might be a AIM or RIM problem.....
    05-28-10 08:07 AM
    The AIM app from RIM is pretty terrible. i'm constantly getting booted off without realizing it. i usually open AIM, hit refresh list and either it will refresh or (more likely) it will tell me i've been booted off and thus missing IMs. It does this about once a day. Poor quality app. i have IM Forwarding turned ON (via PC settings) so that when i AM booted from the AIM app, my IMs come to my BlackBerry in the form of a text message. This is good because then i don't miss IMs AND i'm aware that i'm logged (booted) off of the AIM app and i can go Sign In again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD