What is your preference between these two apps? There is a lot of info about upgrades not working properly, slowing down email arrival, messing up Profiles, and more. I have PeeKaWho v1.17. It is working fine. I tried once to update it to 2.0 but the site told me I had the latest version. Then I read about problems with 2.0. I'm sure both these apps have their strong points but if someone has tried both apps out it would be nice to get a full report on the differences and similarities of the latest versions as well as current issues. Thanks.
    12-31-08 04:32 PM
    I love the way peekawho looks. Works very well and support is incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 04:38 PM
    12-31-08 05:08 PM
    Thanks...both of these threads seem a little dated w/ the recent updates for both these apps. It's always nice to have choices and competition. Hopefully, it makes both these developers do a better job.

12-31-08 05:43 PM
    I am using the latest version of PeekaWho, and after a lot of tweeking of the options, I have it working the way I like it. I didn't like the way the popup for Aerize looked and the button set up for dismissing the popup was too hard to navigate compared to the keyboard shortcuts that PAW has. I also didn't like that I would have to purchase a separate app to change the LED, whereas PAW does it all.
    12-31-08 07:35 PM
    I use PeekaWho and it works fine for my needs. I like the ease of the interface and the especially the Pop up application feature.
    12-31-08 07:40 PM
    Thanks...both of these threads seem a little dated w/ the recent updates for both these apps. It's always nice to have choices and competition. Hopefully, it makes both these developers do a better job.

In that case, why don't you trial both and report back your findings... Personally, I find PAW bloatware and buggy (I am sure some would disagree with me) as per my reasons documented within one of those threads posted above.
    12-31-08 08:58 PM
    I didn't like the way the popup for Aerize looked and the button set up for dismissing the popup was too hard to navigate compared to the keyboard shortcuts that PAW has. I also didn't like that I would have to purchase a separate app to change the LED, whereas PAW does it all.
    Aerize has keyboard shortcuts as well.
    12-31-08 09:08 PM
    01-01-09 12:15 PM
    In that case, why don't you trial both and report back your findings... Personally, I find PAW bloatware and buggy (I am sure some would disagree with me) as per my reasons documented within one of those threads posted above.
    I am looking at these two products from a consumer's viewpoint. Also, I live a very active life and would like to minimize the time to install and use an app on my Curve. Maybe some you have lots of free time to be part of a Beta test for a new app but as a consumer, I expect to pay for a product (in this case an app), install it on my BB, do some minor tweaking, use it for what it was advertised to do, and spend some more time on this site, learning what my first Smartphone is capable of. It's really fortunate that so many of you out there are incredibly helpful to those of us that are just beginning to find our way in the BB world and have turned to this amazing website and community for help.

Happy New Year!
    i_hiker
    01-01-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD