I bought this application when I was new to Blackberry and thought it was necessary after reading all the threads about memory issues. It worked okay, I thought, but then I noticed problems -- my Blackberry ran slowly, or crashed after using it, necessitating a battery pull to get it back to full speed. I also noticed that the screen that comes up while cleaning looks identical to the screen used in the memory cleaning application (for security).

Then the real trouble started -- my screen started turning off after five seconds, over and over. The only thing that got me back to normal was a battery pull. It was driving me crazy. My trackball was also acting erratically, like my Blackberry was processing something huge and the BB couldn't keep up -- it was sluggish beyond belief.

After conversations with several people in the Carrier area of these forums, one of them (Oakie) suggested I delete Aerize Optimizer, which I did. My problems went away entirely! I sent an email to Aerize support describing these issues, but I've heard nothing in return.

Has anyone else been suckered into buying this? If so, has it worked well for you? Just curious if it just doesn't play well with my unit or if the software just is no good. I'm beginning to think I've gotten taken. Oakie was of the opinion that the program was monitoring memory in the background and hogging system resources, which I think describes the problem well. I also noticed that the memory cleaning feature was disabled, despite me not doing that -- so I am thinking that it was Aerize that did that. Like I said the cleaning screen looks the same -- the only addition is an entry for Aerize Optimizer, as if it was cleaning that application too. Not sure how it is supposed to work, but it isn't going back on my Blackberry.
    07-16-08 10:38 PM
    I haven't tried it, but that's because I'm very skeptical about any claims made in regards to controlling BB memory.

RIM has a routine they call "trash collection" that is supposed to clean up garbage in memory. They also prevent 3rd party developers from having access to many of the api functions. Basically, that means that even if someone could figure out a way to keep memory freed up, they may not be able to do so because RIM won't give them access.

I've always found the best way to free up memory is the battery pull for about 30 seconds.
    07-16-08 10:43 PM
    I did not even take the time to read all of your OP, I am sorry.

I skipped right to the point to say, NO... because it is a scam. Basically, the Aerize program does not do what many users think.

Just do a search for it on CrackBerry (or any BlackBerry site, for that matter) and the reviews and results will be bad!

Not worth it, does not do what it says... optimize your memory using Stoner's Guide (link in my signature) and then load your apps directly on device memory and forget 'loading' them from your microSD!
    07-16-08 10:48 PM
    I did not even take the time to read all of your OP, I am sorry.

I skipped right to the point to say, NO... because it is a scam. Basically, the Aerize program does not do what many users think.

Just do a search for it on CrackBerry (or any BlackBerry site, for that matter) and the reviews and results will be bad!

Not worth it, does not do what it says... optimize your memory using Stoner's Guide (link in my signature) and then load your apps directly on device memory and forget 'loading' them from your microSD!
    I did do a search on Aerize Optimizer, but found no threads at all. This is a different program than the Aerize Card Loader application. There were some threads on the Card Loader, but not the Optimizer. I didn't buy the card loader program because I knew it wouldn't do what I wanted (had enough experience with my Palm Treo to know the difference). Wish I'd had something similar to read about Optimizer before I wasted $20, though!

It is days after my email to Aerize, and they have not had the courtesy to even respond. I'm not surprised. I do believe you are right -- it IS a scam, and an expensive one at that. Off to write a negative review in the software area...
    07-18-08 08:49 PM
    I have tried it and it really does no more than the built
    Memory Cleaner.

On a side note, almost everything Aerize creates
    is deceptively marketed and utter crap.
    07-18-08 08:55 PM
    I agree, Amazing, but I would add that on my device it created huge issues too. I think Aerize simply added one menu item to the built-in memory cleaner, and then charged for the privilege of having their application eat up memory while monitoring yours continuously.
    07-18-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD