Please post problems or inconsistencies that you notice in Aerize Alerts in this thread. We'll work diligently to try to solve all of them.
    Last edited by aerize; 10-24-08 at 02:25 PM.
    10-19-08 11:45 AM
    v1.0.2
    BB 8330 Verizon
    OS 4.5.0.77

I've noticed similar issues to what's already been reported.

1) I thought I read in a post somewhere about their BB not awakening to an sms/email but I can't find it. I've noticed that sms messages tend to wait until I wake the device to be delivered/notified.

2) I receive the Pic ID on emails but not SMS. I've tested both sms/email from the same user but only the emails show the pic.

Updated all permissions to "allow" and did a battery pull. Will attempt 2nd battery pull.
    10-19-08 07:10 PM
    just downloaded it for free thanks guys

it works great so far
    10-19-08 07:13 PM
    v1.0.2
    BB 8330 Verizon
    OS 4.5.0.77

I've noticed similar issues to what's already been reported.

1) I thought I read in a post somewhere about their BB not awakening to an sms/email but I can't find it. I've noticed that sms messages tend to wait until I wake the device to be delivered/notified.

2) I receive the Pic ID on emails but not SMS. I've tested both sms/email from the same user but only the emails show the pic.

Updated all permissions to "allow" and did a battery pull. Will attempt 2nd battery pull.
    #2 seems to be resolved. #1 is still sporadic which may be an issue with carrier delivery; I'll continue to test over the next few days.
    10-19-08 07:34 PM
    it seems that i don't get the pop-up alert for SMS messages when i have a profile created for that specific sender. I create a profile for ESPN sports alerts, and these don't have the pop-up effect. Scratch this first part, I'm just not receiving them right now, kind of strange was working a little while ago. Perhaps the trial ran out, is there a way to know if it is over?

Also, I get the white screen in back when the pop-up comes on in front of a 3rd party app. So if it pops up while im reading an email (empower html viewer), after I dismiss the pop-up, the screen will get mashed up with the pop-up and whats behind it.
    Last edited by tom1l21; 10-20-08 at 12:51 AM.
    10-19-08 10:56 PM
    When ever I send/receive an MMS message I get the following messages. I am using a 8330 with Verizon Wireless running OS 4.5.0.77. Any ideas or suggestions?
    10-19-08 11:44 PM
    I'm using version 1.0.2 on a Pearl 8100 and have the following two problems/issues:

(1) The pop-ups are set to disappear after 10 seconds. During the day when I receive e-mails one at a time, this appears to work just fine. However, in the morning when I wake up and have 20+ e-mails waiting for me, I have 20+ pop-ups that never seem to disappear. As a result, I have to click through all 20+ pop-ups, most of which seem to hang for a while before bringing up the next pop-up. This makes getting to my actual e-mails a nightmare.

(2) Memory. Immediately following a reset, I have about 30MB free on my BB. Prior to installing Aerize E-mail Alerts, the typical rate of "memory leak" would be about 1MB every day. So, by the end of a typical week, my 30MB of free memory had dwindled down to about 24-25MB, and I'd do a soft reset to bring it back up to 30MB. Ever since installing Aerize, I lose about 10MB every single day. In fact, although this is an extreme example, I did a soft reset last night and had 30MB free prior to going to sleep. I woke up this morning and had 16MB free.

Please let me know if there are fixes for either of these issues in the works.

Thank you.
    10-20-08 11:11 AM
    2 small issues:

1) when a new email or SMS comes in aerize seems to turn on my display because it's trying to show me a popup. This gets annoying at night.

2)When SMS messages come in I get a popup but now my SMS notifier sound doesn't play.
    10-20-08 11:51 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback.

2 small issues:

1) when a new email or SMS comes in aerize seems to turn on my display because it's trying to show me a popup. This gets annoying at night.

2)When SMS messages come in I get a popup but now my SMS notifier sound doesn't play.
    The display thing is weird. It tries to figure out what to do based on what the phone wants it to do -- so if it's holstered, don't bother turning on the screen, etc. But it seems different users are having vastly different behaviour with this.

I'm using version 1.0.2 on a Pearl 8100 and have the following two problems/issues:

(1) The pop-ups are set to disappear after 10 seconds. During the day when I receive e-mails one at a time, this appears to work just fine. However, in the morning when I wake up and have 20+ e-mails waiting for me, I have 20+ pop-ups that never seem to disappear. As a result, I have to click through all 20+ pop-ups, most of which seem to hang for a while before bringing up the next pop-up. This makes getting to my actual e-mails a nightmare.
    A queue system is in the works for the next major revision. How would you like this to work? Only show the last popup, or be able to click next and back through all of them? We've got a few ideas on how to do this but would appreciate your feedback.

(2) Memory. Immediately following a reset, I have about 30MB free on my BB. Prior to installing Aerize E-mail Alerts, the typical rate of "memory leak" would be about 1MB every day. So, by the end of a typical week, my 30MB of free memory had dwindled down to about 24-25MB, and I'd do a soft reset to bring it back up to 30MB. Ever since installing Aerize, I lose about 10MB every single day. In fact, although this is an extreme example, I did a soft reset last night and had 30MB free prior to going to sleep. I woke up this morning and had 16MB free.
    Well, that's a new one. If you can believe this, the BlackBerry actually does its own memory management. We'll look into this though.

got it for free today! thx for that!!!
    One thing: would it be possible to add a "reply" and "forward" button? Would be useful for some short emails u got that u can answer directly.
    thx sponch
    For e-mail, yes, for SMS, no.

Is there any way make the SMS box open when a text message is received instead of the general message box?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, sorry. We can start the Messages applications, but not tell it where to go.

When ever I send/receive an MMS message I get the following messages. I am using a 8330 with Verizon Wireless running OS 4.5.0.77. Any ideas or suggestions?
    This definitely seems to be a bug. Thanks for the tip.

#2 seems to be resolved. #1 is still sporadic which may be an issue with carrier delivery; I'll continue to test over the next few days.
    Regarding not receiving popups: anyone who would like to help can access their event log by holding ALT and typing L G L G. Then hit menu > options, change the min log level to "Debug Info," and select the checkbox next to only Aerize Alerts. You can then copy and paste the log the next time you receive a message that doesn't pop-up.

Thanks so much to everyone. We're certainly working towards solving everything.
    10-20-08 01:05 PM
    If you could maybe implement a "mark all read" button when multiple unread messages pop up, that might work. Still, one problem exists, not sure if it can be corrected, is when the pop-up comes over a 3rd party app, the screen gets scrambled and moving the trackball around will unscramble most of it. Closing out to the home screen will usually fix the problem.
    10-20-08 02:33 PM
    If you could maybe implement a "mark all read" button when multiple unread messages pop up, that might work. Still, one problem exists, not sure if it can be corrected, is when the pop-up comes over a 3rd party app, the screen gets scrambled and moving the trackball around will unscramble most of it. Closing out to the home screen will usually fix the problem.
    I agree that having a "mark all read" or a "dismiss all" (as in, dismiss all pop-ups) would solve part of the problem, but ...

as I mentioned above, the pop-ups don't disappear after the set amount of time either.

Using this morning as an example, I woke up and had 23 e-mail messages waiting for me. I clicked on the first 3 pop-ups, and there was a hang-time associated with each one. By the time the 4th pop-up appeared, I was frustrated and walked away. I figured that if I left it alone for a bit, the pop-ups would disappear on their own. So, I got ready for work and came back about 30 minutes later. All the pop-ups were still there, and I had to click through all of them to regain use of my BB.

So, while a "mark all read" or a "dismiss all pop-ups" would be useful, the "real" issue is that pop-ups don't disappear on their own when there are multiple pop-ups waiting.

As for the memory issue, you said that it was a new issue and that the BB monitors its own memory use. Perhaps, but I am experiencing a drastic memory leak since installing Aerize. My BB Pearl has always had memory leak issues, so I always monitor it. Every time I install a new program, I see if it has had an affect on memory. As I mentioned above, prior to installing Aerize, I would "lose" about 1MB per day that had to be reclaimed with a soft reset. Since installing Aerize, I lose about 10+MB per day. Although there is some chance this is just a coincidence, the two seem related to me.
    10-20-08 02:50 PM
    Please help me here:

I install the program, have the registration key, registered the product, but decided that I did not like it...well, I like it but I want to test another program first.

Here is my problem. When I unload the software, I end up getting an icon that says I have an email. There is no email, but yet this icon says I have one. I then reload this software and the email magically turns into one and it is one from you all welcoming me to using aerize email alerts. So I now delete the email and the icon is gone. With me so far?

I then go to uninstall the program and this email icon once again pops up telling me that I have an email when in fact, there is NO EMAIL! I reinstall the program and once again, this email icon turns into an email from you all welcoming me to aerize email alerts. I uninstall and once again, the icon pops back up. This continues over and over....

What is wrong? Why can I not uninstall the program completely and not have this "imaginary" email pop up. This is not good at all for customer service.
    10-20-08 03:43 PM
    Here's a third problem I just discovered ...

Let's say that 5 new e-mails arrive in my Yahoo account on my PC and my BB. Then, let's say that I read and delete those e-mails on my PC. Upon deletion from my PC, those 5 e-mails will also be deleted on my BB.

However, despite their deletion, I am still greeted by 5 Aerize pop-ups notifying me about the e-mails.
    10-20-08 03:55 PM
    OK i haven't had any issues with this app. I sent and received mms and all emails came through witht he pop up.
    10-20-08 05:24 PM
    I'd like to thank you for this program since I got it for free, but it seems the pop ups do not automatically dissappear. No matter what I set the dismiss time. It worked at first but after the first reset it no longer disappears on its own. Any ideas? Thanks again!

10-20-08 09:42 PM
    Please help me here:

I install the program, have the registration key, registered the product, but decided that I did not like it...well, I like it but I want to test another program first.
    Try doing a battery pull, then the normal Options > Advanced > Applications > Aerize Alerts > menu > Delete. Either that or the Desktop Manager will do it.
    10-20-08 10:31 PM
    For some reason does not turn on the backlight when I receive a pop up, is there something that needs to be set in order to activate this feature? I have everything set to allow already.

10-20-08 10:45 PM
    For some reason does not turn on the backlight when I receive a pop up, is there something that needs to be set in order to activate this feature? I have everything set to allow already.

No, it should work by default. Currently it works for some people but not others. We're on it.
    10-20-08 11:26 PM
    Thanks for all of your help, it is refreshing to see that all of our issues are being looked at in a timely manner.

10-21-08 09:22 AM
    I was told that the new version of Aerize Email Alerts would correct the repainting of the screen issue with os V4.5 but I am still having the same issue. Did lockergnome give me miss information?

I have attached a few screen shots.
    10-21-08 09:47 AM
    Version : 1.0.2
    Platform: Curve 8820

The automatic timeout for the alert to fade away is not working. When the popup appears, it stays on the screen until manually dismissed even when the unit is not touched. Have tried battery pulls, warm resets, and all combinations of settings in options....
    10-21-08 11:23 AM
    Platform: Curve 8820

The automatic timeout for the alert to fade away is not working. When the popup appears, it stays on the screen until manually dismissed even when the unit is not touched. Have tried battery pulls, warm resets, and all combinations of settings in options....
    Thanks, it's been added. It happens even with only one alert?
    10-21-08 11:29 AM
    I just tried it. Yes, even with only one alert the pop up stays there until I manually check it.
    10-21-08 11:33 AM
    Yes... this happens with one OR more alerts. The only way to dismiss is to do it manually. (FYI... this is the Registered Version if it matters)

So in actual practice, there can be multiple pop-ups on the screen at once with the only way to dismiss as manual.

This is for EMAIL alerts... I have not recieved any SMS so I do not know if the same situation holds true...
    10-21-08 11:36 AM
    Phone: 8800

At times when I get a popup, something screwy happens to my screen, I can't really describe it, but the backgrounds start meshing, and it just looks wierd. It's not all the time, and I can just close out of the apps, but it can be annoying.

Just to let you know. Thanks.

10-21-08 01:55 PM
154 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD