Well the wait is over, Advance OS and LED has the newest update V11.2.1 now available for download in BlackBerry App World. Here's a very quick rundown of the change log:
    - Added a instant shortcuts launcher feature for apps, calls, websites, custom actions, and Advance OS menus.
    - Start Advance OS from home screen using the space bar key (app shortcuts must be set in home screen options).
    - Completely new backup and restore options (now only one backup file and will support backups to device as well).
    - The LED Contacts Backup now works with OS upgrades and phone switching.
    - Fixed flashlight not starting automatically.
    - Change the redial and save new number screens layout.
    - Battery improvements.
    - Added the option to open picture folder after screenshot capture.
    - Popups will automatically stop when related app is opened from popups.
    - BBM popups can now be set to default language encoding in the popups (for arabic text and others).
    - BBM popup reply (button named text or "R" key) will now open the BBM app and then open the contact chat window to reply.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please use the new backup format in v11.2.1 from now on, the old format will not work.

Here's a quick message from Sultan Al Sooz:

"This update is a milestone for my app and for all bb users around the world, cause i finally managed to code and put together all the best Commercial app's features FOR FREE, surprisingly at the same time including my own exclusive features which you can't find in any app, yet there are more features to come"

So if you have Advance OS and LED head over BlackBerry App World for this major update. If you haven't tried this fantastic app before here's the link. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506

Last edited by jordan559; 03-26-12 at 11:44 PM.
    bharuch7282 and animallover20 like this.
    03-26-12 10:38 PM
    Great job on iLaunch! Thanks for looking after us!
    4 suggestions for improvements:
    1. Setting up internet links is difficult. A copy and paste method would help.
    2. When selecting favorite apps, I don't recognize many of the names of native apps, starting with net_rim_bb. A guide would really help.
    3. An option to change the font color of items in iLaunch would make them easier to find.
    4. Menu items displayed in iLaunch should state what selecting them does, not what the present state of that function is.
    Last edited by arnie27; 03-27-12 at 02:13 AM.
    03-27-12 02:09 AM
    Great job on iLaunch! Thanks for looking after us!
    4 suggestions for improvements:
    1. Setting up internet links is difficult. A copy and paste method would help.
    2. When selecting favorite apps, I don't recognize many of the names of native apps, starting with net_rim_bb. A guide would really help.
    3. An option to change the font color of items in iLaunch would make them easier to find.
    4. Menu items displayed in iLaunch should state what selecting them does, not what the present state of that function is.
    1- my i know why is it difficult ? blackberry OS allows you to copy and paste very easily, using the trackpad and shift key.

2- net_rim_bb apps are core blackberry apps, not all of them are usable and they change in every OS. this is left so advance users can test some functions, just ignore them when selecting an app.

3- i didnt get this one, you mean change font color for all, or each shortcut separately ?

4- i had them set like the way you want, but after testing with few people, it was requested to be changed, everyone has a different view of things, but in english, if the state is before the word, then it is a command, if it is after the word then it is the state. (think about it: switch OFF AC, or AC OFF), but maybe im wrong.

there are many small improvements needed, everyone wants their own fantasy implemented, however i will try my best to add what makes sense to the majority of people
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 03-27-12 at 04:17 AM.
    03-27-12 04:15 AM
    1- my i know why is it difficult ? blackberry OS allows you to copy and paste very easily, using the trackpad and shift key.

2- net_rim_bb apps are core blackberry apps, not all of them are usable and they change in every OS. this is left so advance users can test some functions, just ignore them when selecting an app.

3- i didnt get this one, you mean change font color for all, or each shortcut separately ?

4- i had them set like the way you want, but after testing with few people, it was requested to be changed, everyone has a different view of things, but in english, if the state is before the word, then it is a command, if it is after the word then it is the state. (think about it: switch OFF AC, or AC OFF), but maybe im wrong.

there are many small improvements needed, everyone wants their own fantasy implemented, however i will try my best to add what makes sense to the majority of people
    Thanks for taking the time to reply!
    1 - I didn't know that... I have always used the BBMenu button, which doesn't work there.
    2 - Ok.
    3 - Set each shortcut separately.
    4 - Ok. I agree.
    5. In the BB Menu iLaunch is still called by 'the other name'...
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    03-27-12 05:20 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply!
    1 - I didn't know that... I have always used the BBMenu button, which doesn't work there.
    2 - Ok.
    3 - Set each shortcut separately.
    4 - Ok. I agree.
    5. In the BB Menu iLaunch is still called by 'the other name'...
    5. i didnt see this, my bad, i will have to change it again. you can download (OTA) from my website version 11.2.2 which has this issue fixed, i will also change it on app world but this will take sometime cause app world is slow with approvals.

Many thanks for letting me know.
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 03-27-12 at 06:16 AM.
    03-27-12 06:04 AM
    Sultan, I love the older version of your app. Is there a way to either download the older version or have the space key launch the other QuickLaunch in the newer version?
    03-27-12 07:58 AM
    Sultan, many, many thanks on this app, it is TERRIFIC!

One request though, I am currently using another app to show my battery percent on the home screen. I know you can add the battery percent in the menu with your app, but is there a way/or could you add a way, to view this from the homescreen in menu/top bar, where the message notifications are?

Thanks so much!!
    03-27-12 09:14 AM
    When I set a keyboard shortcut it doesn't work :s for example when I set the video camera too the letter Q it doesn't do any thing :s
    03-27-12 09:18 AM
    Sultan, I love the older version of your app. Is there a way to either download the older version or have the space key launch the other QuickLaunch in the newer version?
    i already added an option to change your homescreen key, spacebar wont be mandatory in my next update

homescreen keys can either be : none, spacebar, 0, z,q

i didnt think the spacebar was so important
    03-27-12 12:41 PM
    When I set a keyboard shortcut it doesn't work :s for example when I set the video camera too the letter Q it doesn't do any thing :s
    you first need to fire up ilaunch popup using either, my app icon in homescreen, spacebar in homscreen (will be changed in my next release). or side key if you set it up for AOS&L.

so launch ilaunch popup, then click fav apps (or a key), then hit the q for camera.

q key can be assigned in four different areas in ilaunch, so you can have a q key for apps, calls, internet and custom actions.

hope you get it now
    03-27-12 12:47 PM
    Sultan, many, many thanks on this app, it is TERRIFIC!

One request though, I am currently using another app to show my battery percent on the home screen. I know you can add the battery percent in the menu with your app, but is there a way/or could you add a way, to view this from the homescreen in menu/top bar, where the message notifications are?

Thanks so much!!
    that sounds nice, but what if you have a theme !!

my solution to you is iLaunch popup, assign AOS&L to your side (camera) key and whenever you want to see the battery or time or date, just hit the side key in any app

hope that helps.
    03-27-12 01:01 PM
    i already added an option to change your homescreen key, spacebar wont be mandatory in my next update

homescreen keys can either be : none, spacebar, 0, z,q

i didnt think the spacebar was so important
    ok, since it is in high demand, i have uploaded the new version 11.2.3 on my site only.

you can now download this new version which will allow you to change the homescreen key from spacebar. the default is none
    03-27-12 01:19 PM
    that sounds nice, but what if you have a theme !!

my solution to you is iLaunch popup, assign AOS&L to your side (camera) key and whenever you want to see the battery or time or date, just hit the side key in any app

hope that helps.
    Hi Sultan,

Thanks for answering, I can try that. I was just curious as I do use a theme, the mini bar one and the battery indicator does still show up, same as in default themes... my bar shows # of messages, weather temperature and then battery indicator... not sure if the program I use now to show it overrides the theme to include?
    03-27-12 01:20 PM
    This app has to go down in history as the all time best phone (not just BB) app!!

Sultan... You rock!
    03-27-12 02:24 PM
    Would it be possible to alphabetize the names? When I see my list it is in a seemingly random order.

Also, Would it be possible set the Custom Actions to do more than one thing. By this I mean it would be great to (with a single selection) have a) Bluetooth turned off b) Wireless on and c) Sounds to Silent or Vibrate. This are typically the settings I use when I arrive Home or to Work.

Thanks!

And GREAT app by the way... Thanks for your hard work.
    03-27-12 05:26 PM
    you first need to fire up ilaunch popup using either, my app icon in homescreen, spacebar in homscreen (will be changed in my next release). or side key if you set it up for AOS&L.

so launch ilaunch popup, then click fav apps (or a key), then hit the q for camera.

q key can be assigned in four different areas in ilaunch, so you can have a q key for apps, calls, internet and custom actions.

hope you get it now
    Thankyou I didn't realise I had too select the catagory the shortcut was in too then use it
    03-27-12 08:56 PM
    Would it be possible to alphabetize the names? When I see my list it is in a seemingly random order.

Also, Would it be possible set the Custom Actions to do more than one thing...

Thanks!
    point one shouldnt be a problem for me to add in my next update

point two (nice idea) would be a problem, lol just kidding, it is currently doable but you need to think about it a bit

hint: one custom action can hold up to 122 moves and input simulations, thats plenty, if you start with one app then exit to homescreen then locate your next app (example network connections at the very top of homescreen ), you can achieve what you described above in one custom action.

im adding auto run feature in my next release, so maybe i can squeeze your idea in there
    03-28-12 12:35 AM
    Hello,

Great app, but some of my apps do not open under iLaunch. Specifically, "ScoreMobile Blackberry" and my "Media" apps.

Any thoughts on how to get these to work? Running OS6 on 9700.

Thanks.
    03-28-12 10:54 AM
    Hello,

Great app, but some of my apps do not open under iLaunch. Specifically, "ScoreMobile Blackberry" and my "Media" apps.

Any thoughts on how to get these to work? Running OS6 on 9700.

Thanks.
    Media is an OS app, you cant use it.

for ScoreMobile, try to change the "Start App" option under the app name in the iLaunch feature.

if it still does not start the app, use "custom actions" then use the "homescreen" app then use the move up, down, etc.. to locate ScoreMobile icon on your home screen. this method will open the app for sure.

hint: when using homescreen app to locate apps, try "move up" 10 times first, then move down to locate the app
    03-28-12 11:04 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    Using the Start App option worked like a charm.

Thanks again.
    03-28-12 11:12 AM
    point two (nice idea) would be a problem, lol just kidding, it is currently doable but you need to think about it a bit

hint: one custom action can hold up to 122 moves and input simulations, thats plenty, if you start with one app then exit to homescreen then locate your next app (example network connections at the very top of homescreen ), you can achieve what you described above in one custom action.
    Thanks for the response.

I guess I didnt play around with this feature enough to figure out that I could access different apps using that methodology.... nice. I will try it out later and let you know if I am able to achieve the effect I am looking for.

Good tip!
    03-28-12 11:39 AM
    Hi,

i love this colour LED app, however..
    my uncustomized contacts' LEDs are staying red instead of flashing red. how do i fix this? :/ write back asap!
    03-28-12 02:57 PM
    Hi,

i love this colour LED app, however..
    my uncustomized contacts' LEDs are staying red instead of flashing red. how do i fix this? :/ write back asap!
    lol, im sorry, can you repeat your question with more info please

like, what is staying red means ? and when does it stay red, in calls, sms, emails, bbm or miss calls !!?

03-28-12 03:00 PM
    lol sorry, the sms led stays reds... like you know before this app, sms message led alerts would flash red if you received a new message? since i installed this app, the non-customized contact's led's are staying red if i get a new sms from them :/ if you understand what i mean? lol
    03-28-12 03:05 PM
    lol sorry, the sms led stays reds... like you know before this app, sms message led alerts would flash red if you received a new message? since i installed this app, the non-customized contact's led's are staying red if i get a new sms from them :/ if you understand what i mean? lol
    i got what you mean

you must change the "SMS Message" LED under "incoming calls & apps" in the LED light feature, this is the default color for all your SMS messages
    03-28-12 03:15 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD