Just want everyone to know that its update time to one of the very best apps for BlackBerry!! Advance OS and LED and Sultan Al Sooz has yet another great update to his super app. If you use this app head over to BlackBerry World and download version 16.0 and get some great new features. As before this update is available in both Free and Pro versions of the app so we all get the new features. Sultan continues to amaze me not only with this app and the fact that he continues to find ways to make it better and better but also with his customer support so I think a lot of you will like this update.

Sultan said this update is all about LEDs and the popups features. You can now create your own LED contact groups as well as make your popups look smaller depending on how you desire. I have read thru the forums and a lot of people were requesting smaller popups and like I said Sultan listens to his customers and gave us the option to do just that.

Here is the change log for version 16.0
    - Increased the free versions LED contacts from 10 to 12 contacts.
    - Added Built-in App Quick contacts for LED. (No more linking BBM contacts to Phone Contacts)
    - Added LED contact groups to easily manage all LED contacts.
    - Added popups compact style to make popups size very small.
    - Changed popups keyboard shortcuts for simplicity (call, menu, escape, hangup, space keys).
    - Added 3 and 5 seconds popup time.
    - As well as many bug fixes.

The update is live in BlackBerry World now so head over for the download. If you haven't tried this app yet here are the links to both versions.
    *Free version
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506
    * Pro version
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18560228

Just so everyone knows there isn't much difference between the Free and Pro versions and I'm sure most of you are like me in that you could get by with the free version but we have the Pro version in support of Sultan and all his hard work. So if your not sure if you want to move to the Pro version just remember that Sultan spends a lot of time and effort to keep this app the very best for our BlackBerry. So just get the Pro version and support the developer.

Legal Eagle and Azensun like this.
    12-11-12 11:55 PM
    Thank you so much, Sultan!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    12-12-12 05:31 AM
    LEDs for groups is way too awesome! Thanks as always Sultan.

If you don't have this app - YOU NEED IT! Been using the free version forever, then when Sultan came out with a paid version, I could have stayed with the free version, but did the paid version as a big thanks for all the work he puts into this! But now, with group LEDs, this is a game changer for me - sales with tons of folks in contacts - now I can set up notifications based on companies, prospects, etc. WOW!
    12-12-12 11:39 AM
    Brilliant, upgraded this fine app this morning. Thanks for making the changes I whined about
    12-12-12 11:43 AM
    Sultan, I wish I had a way to hit the "thanks" button more than once! I really love this app! I was wondering if you have plans to port it over to BB10? I really don't think I could get through my days without AOSLED!
    12-12-12 08:39 PM
    Sultan, I wish I had a way to hit the "thanks" button more than once! I really love this app! I was wondering if you have plans to port it over to BB10? I really don't think I could get through my days without AOSLED!
    At the moment, im pretty much overloaded with other things, bb10 app is not possible anytime in the first two quarters of 2013.

i will try my best to respond to people's posts whenever i can, since it doesnt take much time to quicker help others, however if i take longer time to respond to posts, i apologies in advance.

@djh-wolf:
    user's feedback and demands are the drivers for pushing AOSLED app to the very top (free version currently positioned as the top 4 most download app in App World globally, after whatsapp )
    so you made the world a big favor by whining
    12-12-12 11:29 PM
    Sultan, have you seen the thread discussing BBM Voice and folks not wanting all of their BBM contacts to see when they are connected to wifi?

I suggested that if the APIs allowed it YOU would be the man to tweak the OS to control it.

Any idea if it is possible to hide the "available" green icon on a contact by contact basis for BBM Voice (on their end)? If not, is there a way to toggle "availability" /showing that you are connected to wifi for ALL BBM contacts? Currently, seems you have to disconnect wifi ( not a good solution) or set BBM to busy, which kills BBM chats.
    12-13-12 01:05 AM
    Sultan, have you seen the thread discussing BBM Voice and folks not wanting all of their BBM contacts to see when they are connected to wifi?

I suggested that if the APIs allowed it YOU would be the man to tweak the OS to control it.

Any idea if it is possible to hide the "available" green icon on a contact by contact basis for BBM Voice (on their end)? If not, is there a way to toggle "availability" /showing that you are connected to wifi for ALL BBM contacts? Currently, seems you have to disconnect wifi ( not a good solution) or set BBM to busy, which kills BBM chats.
    Bbm can only be controlled by RIM developers, If it needs to happen then no one else can do it
    12-13-12 01:48 AM
    Hey Sultan / Jordan

One of the permissions is "RIM, interactions, recording, applications modules, vcalls"

What is this and what does it do ?

Thanks
    12-13-12 05:41 AM
    Hey Sultan / Jordan

One of the permissions is "RIM, interactions, recording, applications modules, vcalls"

What is this and what does it do ?

Thanks
    Vcalls is AOSLED app, if I remember correctly, the above permission was to change the security timer (phone idle time limit before phone locks) for screen backlight control, or for input simulation such as injecting key presses.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    12-13-12 07:51 AM
    Hmmm ok little minor annoyance. Whenever I am in the middle of texting someone a New message pops up Keeping me from continuing to type. I know you have the new buttons for like I, del, end....that's great and everything but it's like an extra step to take my finger off the keyboard to dismiss the popup.

Is there anyway you could add like a function that allows users to choose whether they want the popup to Stop current activity, or to allow it to keep playing in the background and resume what the user was doing? I'm thinking of Leave It On's app where this function works...but I was hoping You could come up with something slightly different but serve it's purpose.
    Overall GREAT new additional updates! Keep it coming.
    12-14-12 02:23 AM
    Hmmm ok little minor annoyance. Whenever I am in the middle of texting someone a New message pops up Keeping me from continuing to type. I know you have the new buttons for like I, del, end....that's great and everything but it's like an extra step to take my finger off the keyboard to dismiss the popup.

Is there anyway you could add like a function that allows users to choose whether they want the popup to Stop current activity, or to allow it to keep playing in the background and resume what the user was doing? I'm thinking of Leave It On's app where this function works...but I was hoping You could come up with something slightly different but serve it's purpose.
    Overall GREAT new additional updates! Keep it coming.
    Pressing end key will close all popups AND suspend current apps popups, popups will resume normally when you go back to homescreen.

I prefer user stopping popups, its just one end key press OR menu key twice to select suspend all.

Hope you like the new popups compact style since you kept complaining about the size of my app's popups
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-14-12 02:43 AM
    Pressing end key will close all popups AND suspend current apps popups, popups will resume normally when you go back to homescreen.

I prefer user stopping popups, its just one end key press OR menu key twice to select suspend all.

Hope you like the new popups compact style since you kept complaining about the size of my app's popups
    Oh ok. I'll see how this goes.
    Yes! Love the new popup size. Just what I wanted.
    12-14-12 05:53 PM
    Liking the compact popups, but it no longer shows the buttons to delete, mark as read, etc anymore... did I miss something? Switching to the regular sized popups also do not show those buttons anymore...

EDIT: I do have "Show All - No Lock" for Show Buttons... still no buttons.
    12-16-12 11:55 PM
    At the moment, im pretty much overloaded with other things, bb10 app is not possible anytime in the first two quarters of 2013.
    I'll be there to buy AOSLED again when it comes out for BB10. Just my "luck", my contract is only up for renewal in August, which means both a slider and AOSLED are available. Of course, it means I'd have to suffer through half a year of watching everyone enjoying their BB10s
    12-17-12 02:12 AM
    Liking the compact popups, but it no longer shows the buttons to delete, mark as read, etc anymore... did I miss something? Switching to the regular sized popups also do not show those buttons anymore...

EDIT: I do have "Show All - No Lock" for Show Buttons... still no buttons.
    You need to select "Show All", as for "no lock" it will hide the buttons, will fix in the next update.
    12-17-12 09:27 AM
    Hrmm, I just tried changing that option to "Show All", but there are still no buttons for the popups... BTW, what does the "No Lock" option do?
    12-17-12 10:59 AM
    Hrmm, I just tried changing that option to "Show All", but there are still no buttons for the popups... BTW, what does the "No Lock" option do?
    buttons ="Show All" and popups style = "Normal".

"no lock" will not show the lock button (so it wont lock your popup screen), so if your screen was not password locked and it was turned off, usually popups will turn the screen on, and if there is no lock button then you might accidentally delete or reply to the popup, therefore a lock button was included in my popups feature.
    dimm0k likes this.
    12-17-12 11:13 AM
    I do have buttons as "Show All" and the style as "Standard"... no buttons for the popups, the popup takes up the entire screen with the message.

EDIT: looks like a reboot fixed it...
    12-17-12 11:38 AM
    Upgraded the free version to 16.1.2, it installed and rebooted, but then my phone kept freezing and locked up completely. I had to do a battery pull and now seems okay. When it first rebooted it asked me to confirm my bbid for bb protect and took a long time to complete that, so maybe it was bbprotect causing the problem. Anyone else having problem on first reboot with this update?
    01-08-13 11:05 AM
    Sultan:

Just upgraded my 9650 to latest version. Now both my trackpad and convenience keys open Advance OS and LED. What do I do to keep trackpad from opening the app? I have set the convenience key as the one to open. I don't know how to stop the trackpad.
    Thanks....
    01-08-13 01:06 PM
    Sultan:

Just upgraded my 9650 to latest version. Now both my trackpad and convenience keys open Advance OS and LED. What do I do to keep trackpad from opening the app? I have set the convenience key as the one to open. I don't know how to stop the trackpad.
    Thanks....
    Trackpad is like a computer mouse, you point at an icon then click to open it, so there is no such thing as whenever you click the trackpad my app opens.

Hope this clarifies things for you.
    01-09-13 02:10 AM
    Thanks... I just realized what I was doing that caused this.Thanks for your reply.
    01-09-13 05:44 AM