Just wanted to let everyone know that Sultan has updated his app, Advance OS and LED. The latest update which is V15.8 has been submitted to BlackBerry App world for approval and should be ready very soon.

These new features as well as any other changes are to both the Free and Pro versions. So if you are just using the Free version all of this still applies to you. In fact Sultan also changed something in the Free version, He increased the free versions LED contacts limitation from 8 to 10 contacts.

So if you have either version of Advance OS and LED keep a eye out for BlackBerry App World to release the updates. If you still don't have this SuperApp head over to App World and download it today. Here's the links:
    *Advance OS and LED*
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506
    *Advance OS and LED Pro*
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18560228

Here's the new features to version 15.8:
    - Increased the free versions LED contacts limitation from 8 to 10 contacts.
    - Added Quick Password Lock feature to secure phone when screen goes off.
    - Separated individual LED Contacts vibration setting from ringtone.
    - Individual LED Contacts Ringtone can be set to Vibration Only (silent) mode.
    - Added overall Battery Charging / Discharging time in Battery & Usage Monitor feature.
    - Added overall Memory Leak since phone was last restarted in Battery & Usage Monitor feature
    - Added BBM Popups individual contacts filtering using LED 0 count colors.
    - LED & Ringtone vibrations will be disabled during calls.
    - Battery Notification feature help text added and homescreen icon wont be auto enabled upon installation.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed battery (ARM) issues with Network Coverage LED
    - Fixed Battery & usage monitor reports showing 0m charge time at 0am.
    - Fixed BBM popup filter not working for "BBM Link Contacts".
    - Less Battery Consumption.

Last edited by jordan559; 11-25-12 at 12:29 PM.
    apples7234, BlazorBoy and deezy87 like this.
    11-25-12 12:18 PM
    Wow!
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Subscribing to monitor this thread.

Very nicely done Sultan!
    11-25-12 02:04 PM
    The app that keeps on giving, and Sultan keeps all of us smiling
    11-25-12 06:03 PM
    Very good app, a must-have app
    11-27-12 06:28 AM
    MyWorld still shows 15.5... No update (9700 os6)
    11-28-12 07:40 AM
    MyWorld still shows 15.5... No update (9700 os6)
    The latest update which is V15.8 has been submitted to BlackBerry App world for approval and should be ready very soon.
    11-28-12 07:47 AM
    Awesome awesome. Actually had a heads up from Sultan on this update when I emailed him about vibrations continuing until ringtone ended and he explained his new release was already fixing that.

Y'all - Sultan is so good at responding to questions, whether it's here on Cb or directly via his e-mail. Don't hesitate to contact him with questions, and if you've followed him on these forums, you know he is always open to ideas to add / tweak features of AOSLED.

Didn't need the features of Pro when it was announced, but bought it as a thank you for Sultan. I encourage y'all to do the same.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-28-12 10:15 AM
    Didn't need the features of Pro when it was announced, but bought it as a thank you for Sultan. I encourage y'all to do the same.
    Agreed!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-28-12 11:06 AM
    Agreed. Awesome support. Purchased
    11-28-12 02:36 PM
    Just updated to v15.8.1 from App World...
    tomoneus likes this.
    11-28-12 10:57 PM
    Got the update, cheers man
    11-29-12 05:28 AM
    Sultan,
    can the new "overall Memory Leak since phone was last restarted" measure be added to the options for the notification area icon? The number shown there when choosing memory leak still appears to be the leak per hour.
    11-29-12 02:29 PM
    Sultan,
    can the new "overall Memory Leak since phone was last restarted" measure be added to the options for the notification area icon? The number shown there when choosing memory leak still appears to be the leak per hour.
    Good point, will add this to my task list for next upgrade
    11-29-12 09:46 PM
    Jesus, I'm still finding useful features in this app months after installing it!

I finally tried the SMS popup notifications which seem like a brilliant idea. At the moment though, I've disabled them as at the moment the screen's a little cluttered to be usuable. I know that this is a tall ask, and I realise you have already included a few options to tweak the appearance, but is there any way of allowing users to completely customise the popup template? For example, I'd like quite a large contact picture, but when I do this, I've got stacks of spare screen space to the left of the pic, but the sms contents is displayed underneath, so I lose a lot of screen realestate and have to scroll throgh the sms even though there's plenty of space for it if it were displayed flowing around the contact pic instead of just underneath it.

Also, I have a entire line at the base which is wasted showing 'multi language text' with a drop-down options box. Not for me, might be for others, so that could be customisable.

Also, the contents of the text is doubled. Sending myself a text saying "test" gives the following:
    "Test
    (fri 11:29 am): test"
    Is this necessary?

- I've then got another whole line of fairly small buttons for app, mark, reply and call. If these (again) could be customisable (i.e. choose which buttons to display and their location) this would massively improve the feature.

- other aspects which could be made customisable could be the "SMS Inbox ....time" title bar (waste of screen space), and to lose the top bar with the "x", "H", "1/1" etc.

I'm aware that all of this sounds like it may be getting more complicated but I feel the exact opposite would actually be true. Bear with me ....

In the option for SMS popup, you simply have a 'customise popup appearence' section. Initiall setup could have every single one of the buttons and features you've created placed around a full-screen popup. User is then able to remove any or all of the buttons, one by one, and adjust the positions of the ones left enabled. This could include a drop box to set the background colour, text colour, and popup transparency. Contact picture size and location, and sms contents size and location would top it all off. Absolutely perfect IMO.

last problem (:P)
    if I click on 'mark' -> 'try to mark sms as read',
    - I'd like to skip the confirmation step as it's really just making it more longwinded to accomplish something which is quite intuitive and fast within the existing blackberry method.
    - also, trying to use the 'try to mark sms as read' gives me a fairly long delay showing a black screen with your app's title, the sms get's marked as read, then when I open my sms inbox afterwards I see the message highlighted in green as if I've already started to draft a reply earlier. Again, this doesn't happen natively, it's only when using this option in your app.

Sorry about the long reply, I just quite like giving suggestions for improvement and unfortunately, I don't have the skills to do any of this myself :P.

Basically, the SMS popup (imo) should be as simple as possible. In the current format, it's massively complicated compaired to stock.
    11-30-12 05:43 AM
    Agree djh_wolf,

I also think what you want is the right way, however blackberry development OR my skills are not there yet

Some things are done the only way possible like mark sms as read,

Hiding buttons is also doable, you just didnt play around enough

Picture location is out of the question for technical reasons, its easier said than done

Making the sms window smaller is also doable. But will look into hiding the date raw as you mentioned, no promises as im working on other features at the moment.

Hope this helps.
    11-30-12 09:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I suspected it was a big ask

How about something simpler ?

I'm already aware of pressing "h" to show all the options. Would it be possible to simply have the sms popup window appear, then be able to:

- press space once to delete all pending popups, and do nothing else.
    - press space twice to open the sms inbox directly, deleting any and all pending popups
    - press space 3 times to reply with one of your excellent pre-defined texts, deleting that particular popup and leaving the rest alone?

Dead fast, dead simple, totally streamlined. Each of the functions above are already built into your app, but require a little navigation or a series of confirmations. This would kick a.s.s. .

This feature alone would make the popups a billion times better, simpler, and still allow access to the more complicated functions which you've already developed. At the moment, it's a bit 'clunky'. I don't want to be pushy nor sound insulting, I just think this may allow this particular aspect of the app to become useful and polished without (I'm assuming) needing any major recoding or bulk.

Sorry if I sound like a pain, I just try to make suggestions as I see 'em. App's amazing, thank you so much. Feel free to tell me to shut the up

Oh. and one last thing : adding some shorter times would be awesome. 10 secs is too long, having the choice of anything from 1 sec upwards would be even better...

Sorry for the demands, just trying to help and to take advantage of your good nature :P
    11-30-12 09:56 AM
    Thats fine, im always open for suggestions

space once takes you to the popups manager, so you can do everything you mentioned with even more options
    11-30-12 10:05 AM
    - press space once to delete all pending popups, and do nothing else.
    - press space twice to open the sms inbox directly, deleting any and all pending popups
    - press space 3 times to reply with one of your excellent pre-defined texts, deleting that particular popup and leaving the rest alone?

Dead fast, dead simple, totally streamlined. Each of the functions above are already built into your app, but require a little navigation or a series of confirmations. This would kick a.s.s. .
    Sorry, edited the original post mid-reply. See above. Thoughts?
    11-30-12 10:09 AM
    just downloaded! thank you again for a fine app. I have trust I will like it as much as evryome else does
    11-30-12 10:14 AM
    Lol, agree, but we might be the only 2 who do agree, I try to stick to standards, like r for reply and menu to open app, del to delete the popup

Maybe in my next app for bb10 I can create more customizations for key shortcuts
    11-30-12 10:17 AM
    None of the existing shortcuts or features need to change, and thus...
    ... r for reply and menu to open app, del to delete the popup...
    is still exactly the same. Using the space button just gives an additional way to access. Just requesting another 3 shortcuts to show in the "h" menu. So....last attempt, I guess, before I admit defeat, switch off the popups manager and go searching.

(I'll obviously stick with AOS&LED for the rest!)

To be completely, totally clear... here's the final request:

• No functionality nor features to be added. Zero. Honest! Bear with me...
    • Now, SPACE brings up the "popup manager". I'd request that this is changed to "RETURN/ENTER" brings up the popup manager instead. So just a key-swap here, leaving the space key free for something else.
    • SPACE key now mapped to the following existing functions of your app -
      (space x 1) -> mapped to -> "Delete all popups"
      (space x 2) -> mapped to -> "Delete all popups" followed by opening sms inbox.
      (space x 3) -> mapped to -> "Reply with autotext"

This is a bit of a dealbreaker for me - I'd be happy to donate again to have the space key shortcuts added in this way, because if not, I'm probably going to have to buy another app to do the same thing.

So, last attempt eh. Pretty please........? I'm begging
    11-30-12 03:43 PM
    None of the existing shortcuts or features need to change, and thus...
    is still exactly the same. Using the space button just gives an additional way to access. Just requesting another 3 shortcuts to show in the "h" menu. So....last attempt, I guess, before I admit defeat, switch off the popups manager and go searching.

(I'll obviously stick with AOS&LED for the rest!)

To be completely, totally clear... here's the final request:

• No functionality nor features to be added. Zero. Honest! Bear with me...
    • Now, SPACE brings up the "popup manager". I'd request that this is changed to "RETURN/ENTER" brings up the popup manager instead. So just a key-swap here, leaving the space key free for something else.
    • SPACE key now mapped to the following existing functions of your app -
      (space x 1) -> mapped to -> "Delete all popups"
      (space x 2) -> mapped to -> "Delete all popups" followed by opening sms inbox.
      (space x 3) -> mapped to -> "Reply with autotext"

This is a bit of a dealbreaker for me - I'd be happy to donate again to have the space key shortcuts added in this way, because if not, I'm probably going to have to buy another app to do the same thing.

So, last attempt eh. Pretty please........? I'm begging
    The space � 1 is ofcourse doable, but �2 and �3 is not since I use screens after every key press.

You gave me an idea to switch the space key with the escape key, then escape key again to delete all (in popups manager view).

Please keep in mind that you only use sms popups, however I and many others use emails, bbm, sms, missed calls, system and many more popups, therefore the delete all and open app doesnt fit many situations.

If you can find another popup app that does half the things my popup feature does ( even if it is sms only), then please go ahead and install it, but I feel you already exposed yourself to my app's popup abilities, therefore you would have to compromise to make the switch

However, im going to look into a way to add the space key.

Note: whats wrong with pressing the menu key twice ?
    12-01-12 12:04 AM
    I do appreciete the fact that you reply to threads like this, I probably would've just got sick and said the answer's no, for a list of reasons, sorry. My suggestion was purely for the sake of being fluid and intuitive. I've read your reply, considered your points (ref: space key, other people's use of BBMs etc) and I now feel I have an incredibly simple solution

Whilst a popup is showing,
    DELETE replaced with ESC
    TRACKPAD BUTTON deletes all popups of that nature and opens either sms inbox, email inbox, or bbm as appropriate
    SPACE KEY to do something special, i.e. run the 'r' shortcut (which already functions beautifully).
    That's it. Nothing else to it, it would make a massive, massive difference, trust me. I've left a bit of a gap, and included the explanation below which allowed me to arrive at this conclusion above. At the moment, the app simply has too many keypresses to make it useable. I thoroughly, thoroughly believe making these changes will be easy for you to do, and cover all angles. For now, the popup feature is disabled, and unfortunately, there's no other app that has the potential to come close to what your app already does - It's just hindered by the multi-keypress, multi-key, menu selection process at the moment.

Make sense? I eagerly await your reply, and I hope you can see my point and the huge advantages it brings.

If we forget the rest of this conversation for a second and think of how we use our phones, I believe we may think along the same lines.
    i.e.
    • message arrives and shows a red new message indicator on the device homescreen
    • popup software intervenes and shows a preview of some sort depending on our preferences
    • we haven't touched the phone, nor needed to locate/press a specific small key, nor navigated any menus...
    • All we have is a popup with a message preview, which may simply vanish in a few seconds without any user intervention, obviiously leaving the new message indicator intact.
    So far so good. Your app (or any of the numerous other popup apps) fulfills this function rather well

What's if though, when we receive the message, we actually want to do something about it. What's our choices? Mine would go like this:
    • message arrives and shows a red new message indicator on the device homescreen
    • popup software intervenes and shows a preview of some sort depending on our preferences
    • Now I either want to ignore it (as above, just waiting for it to timeout and vanish, leaving new message indicator intact)....
    • ...or I can carry on with whatever I was doing before, immediately force the timeout, (delete popup, new message indicator remains intact)...
    • ...or I'd like to acknowledge I have at least one message, and do something about it
    I'm sure we all go through that process. Positive. So how does your app come into all this? Let's take another look at the above:

(.a.) I can carry on with whatever I was doing before, immediately force the timeout, (delete popup, new message indicator remains intact)...
    ...or I'd like to acknowledge I have at least one message, and do something about it i.e.
    (.b.) dismiss all the sms popups and open the stock sms app to deal with them
    (.c.) dismiss all the email popups, open the stock email app, and deal with them
    (.d.) respond to that particular sms or email quickly, using your cool reply menu to send something pre-defined, and leave the rest intact.

So what kind of key presses do we use to do any of these?
    (.a.) press delete
    (.b.) Not possible at the moment, but should be. Instead, we can press the MENU key, DOWN KEY, ENTER KEY to delete all sms popups, but then the sms app opens a second version of itself for some reason, which we then need to escape out of, and finally escape out of the stock sms view which has also been opened. Extremely clunky, repetative and time consuming when all we want to do is hit a key without then having to locate menu choices with a trackpad, select them by pressing the trackpad, then use let another key a couple of times to get back where we started.
    (.c.) will be pretty much the same. Urgh.
    (.d.) hit the "r" key, which once the menu pops up, handles perfectly.

So ...phew... here's the point of all of this. To do any of (.a.), (.b.), (.c.) or (.d.) should be a fluid choice. At the minute, it involves using a combination of a number of keys ("r", "delete", "trackpad down", "enter", "escape"). It's clunky, non intuitive and non standard, not to mention needing to navigate options or locate and use some of the smaller keys on the BB. The process can definitely, definitely be streamlined by restructuring or adding a couple of shortcuts, all linked to the same key. How?

Here:

(.a.) Delete is replaced with ESC
    (.b.) If an sms popup's showing, clicking the TRACKPAD BUTTON should action it in stock, blackberry fashion - i.e. delete all the SMS popups and open text messages inbox, exactly as I can from the homescreen, no 'doubling-up'
    (.c.) If an email popup's showing, clicking the TRACKPAD BUTTON should action it in stock, blackberry fashion - i.e. delete all the EMAIL popups and open the email inbox. *
    (.d.) Want to do something special? Hit the space key. If it's an sms, this'll run the "r" shortcut instead, bringing up that delicious () auto reply menu. If it's an email, it'll use the email version of "r" bringing up your (delicious) email reply menu.

* same process can be applied to BBM etc. Basically, the TRACKPAD BUTTON should delete all popups of that type, and open the relevant app be it sms, email or bbm.

Thanks for reading all this, I have put in a fair amount of time and effort into it, and I wouldn't have done so unless I really, really feel that I have a point which perhaps I just wasn't explaining very well. I honestly, truly believe that implementing the above would fill the gaps rather nicely.
    Last edited by djh_wolf; 12-01-12 at 03:22 AM.
    12-01-12 03:01 AM
    If this is done, consider
    DELETE replaced with ESC
    TRACKPAD BUTTON deletes all popups of that nature and opens either sms inbox, email inbox, or bbm as appropriate
    SPACE KEY to do something special, i.e. run the 'r' shortcut (which already functions beautifully).
    Message arrives, there's a popup. I'm not interested, in that just now, so I'll press escape, and carry on. Another message arrives, I click the trackpad, the popup vanishes and I'm looking at my inbox. I deal with the messages, and return to the homescreen. Another message appears, I hit space, get a cool menu, choose a reply and the popups vanish.

Seamless. Absolutely seamless. None of this pressing a menu button then scrolling over to an option, selecting that option, confirming that option... gaaah! It's a popup, it should be a case of 'k thx bye!'. No menu structures, no confirmations, no "are you sure's?". It's just a popup, a brief notification. If I've pressed the wrong button, so what, it's a popup. I can still enter my inbox like I've always done. I hope I'm making sense here as it's driving me quite mad :P

Please consider this. I wouldn't have spend the past couple of hours typing reams of text on a forum unless I really, really thought there was a point....
    12-01-12 03:36 AM
    lol, you win, i give up

i like the idea, however trackpad button is not possible cause it controls whichever focused buttons on the screen, so its not doable.

- as for escape key, i will do it now

- instead of the trackpad button, it will be hangup key to delete all similar popups, and answer key to delete all similar popups and open app

- menu key will be to open popups manager, press menu key again (in popups manager view) to delete everything (all popups i mean).

- and for the space key, i will map it to the "r" key since you really like it and i would hate to disappoint you

hope this is close to what you wanted.
    12-01-12 03:42 AM
44 12