Just want everyone to know that we will all soon have yet another big update from Sultan Al Sooz and his app, Advance OS and LED. This app just seems to get better and better every week. Sultans customer support is this best and he continues to implement our suggestions. He has created the best BlackBerry app and it continues to be all done for FREE.

He has updated the app to version 14.5 and here's a list of the new features.
    - Ringtone control for calls, SMS, and email.
    - You can now set up ringtones for individual BBM contacts.
    - The ability to setup different ringtones for the same contact based on the message type (SMS,BBM, etc..)
    - Call end and miss call sounds are back in the app.
    - A new UI layout in the LED section.
    - Also some minor bug fixes.

This is a great update to an already great app. To me the ability to setup individual ringtones to BBM contacts is huge. So if u already have Advance OS and LED keep a eye out for this update any day now and if you don't have this fantastic app download it from BlackBerry App World. Here's a link.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506

Last edited by jordan559; 07-23-12 at 02:30 PM.
    07-23-12 01:15 PM
    Wow! I've had this app since day one. All the new updates just make it better and better. Its like 100 apps in one, FOR FREE!!!!! Can't beat that. Keep up the good work!
    07-23-12 01:27 PM
    Sultan is the man !!!

How much more can one tiny app do ???

You will never find a more useful app than this nor a developer who gives such great support, and all for free.
    07-23-12 02:23 PM
    Sultan is the man !!!

How much more can one tiny app do ???
    with the latest update coming soon v14.5 (full control over phone sound, including Call Ringtones), i managed to keep it under 285 kb

this update will bring unmatched notification system to any blackberry. imagine that you can set different ringtones and LEDs for 1 contact , so 1 ringtone for bbm, another for calls and missed calls, another for SMS and another for Email, all for the same contact. and not just ringtones, even different LED lights for each notification type for the same contact. i dont believe any other app does this much customizations per contact.

hope people enjoy this crazy update
    07-23-12 02:40 PM
    Amazing does not even begin to describe Sultan and his app!
    07-23-12 03:49 PM
    Excited!!!!!! :d
    07-23-12 06:19 PM
    This is great. I probably don't even use 80% of the features that are available; this ringtone control I will definitely use.

I don't mind that this app has a lot of features as long as its size is small (285kb is very nice). I remember Viigo started out great but added other features I didn't care about (I just wanted a simple RSS reader) and the size of the app ballooned over 1 MB and the performance suffered.

Sultan, thank you.

ps. Don't forget about this request.
    07-23-12 07:26 PM
    I've been testing the beta and the new functions are perfect...Sultan never fails to amaze and improve on an already awesome app!
    trucky likes this.
    07-23-12 09:39 PM
    I'm really impressed with everything the app does, and even more so impressed that it's all in a ~200kb appworld download. Loving it so far!
    07-24-12 12:58 AM
    How you manage to keep the file size so small is beyond me!

Great work, yet again!
    07-24-12 03:10 AM
    Ok, Version 14.5 is approved and can be downloaded from App World and my Website alsooz.com.

change log available in facebook fan page (with or without a facebook account)

Go crazy customizing your contact's Ringtones and LEDs
    emtunc likes this.
    07-25-12 12:36 AM
    Ok, Version 14.5 is approved and can be downloaded from App World and my Website alsooz.com.

change log available in facebook fan page (with or without a facebook account)

Go crazy customizing your contact's Ringtones and LEDs
    App world still showing version 14.0.1 here in the UK @ 9:30am
    07-25-12 03:37 AM
    App world still showing version 14.0.1 here in the UK @ 9:30am
    i Know many people are experts on CB, however if you haven't done this yet, please do the following to see the update:

Case 1: (if you already have the app installed)
    - Open App World mobile app
    - Goto My World
    - click menu then select "Refresh List"

Case 2: (it still doesnt show even after selecting "Refresh List" )
    - while still in App World, while holding 'alt' key press 'r'+'s'+'t'
    - wait 2 seconds for App World to close, then try again.

Case 3: (if you dont have it installed)
    - Install the old version (14.0.1 or older)
    Follow the steps in case 1, keep installing updates until you see version 14.5

hope this helps
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-25-12 04:00 AM
    The most awesome app for my new Bold 9780
    07-25-12 04:46 AM
    It's me again
    If I set a ringtone for a single BBM-contact, I'm getting both: custom ringtone and the one set up in the profile.
    what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    07-25-12 05:49 AM
    ...One of my fav apps!
    07-25-12 06:10 AM
    It's me again
    If I set a ringtone for a single BBM-contact, I'm getting both: custom ringtone and the one set up in the profile.
    what am I doing wrong?
    Lol, your not doing anything wrong, you just didnt read the help (scroll down in the led feature)
    07-25-12 06:52 AM
    Since upgrading, my phone seems to be running quite sluggish.

Takes a while to load and exit apps
    07-25-12 07:00 AM
    Lol, your not doing anything wrong, you just didnt read the help (scroll down in the led feature)
    I did read it. Profile sound for BBM is already set to "silent".
    Restarted my Berry several times. I'm still hearing two ringtones.
    Did also update the contact details.
    confused...

07-25-12 07:11 AM

Do you see any issue with cpu or memory on your phone ? Also try a 15 seconds battery pull.
    07-25-12 07:30 AM
    I did read it. Profile sound for BBM is already set to "silent".
    Restarted my Berry several times. I'm still hearing two ringtones.
    Did also update the contact details.
    confused...

Sounds profiles can be tricky, but if you hear a sound, then you should be able to identify the source easy, is my app playing both sounds or its one sound from my app and the other from native sound profiles ? Just silent one source to identify the other source
    07-25-12 07:36 AM
    Sultan, thanks a lot, issue solved.
    Deleted the app, reinstalled it, and everything's fine!

thank you so much for your work and fast support!

peter

07-25-12 07:45 AM

after investigations (in my code ), it turns out there was a memory issue, so i fixed it and submitted v14.6 to App World, its not major and doesnt effect battery, but i dont like memory issues

version 14.6 will be released (hopefully) tomorrow in app world.
    OR
    you can get it right now from my website

user's feedback is why my app is so good, it has little to do with my coding skills ( ok maybe more than just a little )
    DocDRM, wolfee48, deezy87 and 3 others like this.
    07-25-12 09:22 AM
    Here's a complete change log for this most recent update which is V14.5
    - Added (combined) Ringtones feature inside the LED Light feature, with the following changes:
    * Added the ability to control phone calls. ringtones like never before (2 different ringtones for known and unknown contacts).
    * Added RingTones for BBM, Email, SMS, Incoming & Missed calls for INDIVIDUAL contacts and related Applications.
    * Added Call End sound (guarantee to play sound after call end).
    * Added Missed Call sound for all calls (or can be customized per individual).
    * Added Network and Battery status sounds and vibrations.
    * Added a ringtone recorder & player from within the ringtone selection screen.

- Added new ability to create different notifications (Call, SMS, Mail, and BBM) for the same contact.
    - Renamed LED Light feature to "LED & Ringtones" feature with new layout.
    - LED Contacts are sorted alphabatically (automatically).
    - Changed App's Core engine for battery and performance enhancements (better LED and Popups Response).
    - Battery notifications moved from Sound profiles to 'LED & Ringtones' feature.
    - Fixed "call lock screen" sometimes showing before call connect and after call end.
    - Fixed BBM FAQs answers not showing all text.
    - Fixed Issue with 'Contacts Manager' feature not removing extra contact lists.

So if you haven't downloaded this newest update head over to BlackBerry App World and download it now.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506
    ralfyguy likes this.
    07-25-12 03:04 PM
    version 14.6 will be released (hopefully) tomorrow in app world.
    OR
    you can get it right now from my website

Update: Version 14.6 is available to download from App World
    07-26-12 05:24 AM
269 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD