Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 91
Like Tree12Likes
  1. jordan559's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    366 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Advance OS and LED new updates!!

    Just want everyone to know that the developer of Advance OS and LED, Sultan Al Sooz, has just finished an update of his app and has submitted it to app world for release.

    Here's a list of some of the new features:
    - The ability for individual LED control for BBM contacts with the option to automatically delete the saved chat history.
    - Popups for all BBM messages which will include the senders name, the message text as well as pictures assigned to the contact.
    - The ability to show multiple LEDs for new messages received instead of just showing one LED for the last message received.
    - Repeatable alerts for all apps, emails, sms and contacts.
    - Also there is now a icon that will appear on the home screen when the night LED is activated.
    - He has also fixed some minor bugs.

    Keep a eye out in App World for the new version which will be V9.6.1 it should be there very soon.
  2. SpiritsFade's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Reply when this drops please!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  3. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Just use the below Facebook link, i already started publishing some info.
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
  4. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Version 9.6.4 just got approved in App World, go download and start customizing your BBM contacts to have unique LED Light color for each
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    Thanked by 2:
    Black Rose (02-02-2012),  DocDRM (02-02-2012) 
    Black Rose likes this.
  5. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,776 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Maybe someone can explain to me what this Icon means in the Notification Bar...



    Ever since I updated to the new version That icon shows up with the slash over it.

    What's that about?
  6. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Maybe someone can explain to me what this Icon means in the Notification Bar...
    I can

    Countless times people had problems of LED not working due to having the Night LED feature Activated, so i added the Icon in the notification bar to help people remember that the Night LED feature is activated
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    DocDRM likes this.
  7. bovid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    i see that there is an upcoming upgrade. may i ask what happened to you possibly offering an ota on your website? i am sure there are a lot of your fans eagerly wanting to get their hands on this before app world release,for example me
    You should really check out @Dropbox. It's hot. http://db.tt/uKS1Pry
  8. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bovid View Post
    i see that there is an upcoming upgrade. may i ask what happened to you possibly offering an ota on your website? i am sure there are a lot of your fans eagerly wanting to get their hands on this before app world release,for example me
    There are many reasons why i must wait until App World releases it first, bandwidth limits on my website for example, currently my app gets downloaded 30,000 to 40,000 times per day from App World.

    There are two different builds for my app, so i need to make sure people dont download the wrong build for their phone models, then start flooding my email and facebook page with comments about my app not working. App World will only allow you to download the correct build for your phone.

    Im hoping i can do something for people with issues like they dont have App World available in their countries, or if i push an update with a major issue and i need to fix ASAP and cant afford to wait for App World slow approval process, when i release an update thats 40,000+ people multiply it by 3 or 4 days, thats a lot of upset people, but App World do not prioritize high demand apps.

    Hope that explains the current situation
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
  9. 4one1's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    78 Posts
    PIN
    = | = :niϤ
    #9  

    Default

    is this similar to BeBuzz? and also with this app can i choose "disco" led notifications?
  10. wu-wei's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,367 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,372 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4one1 View Post
    is this similar to BeBuzz? and also with this app can i choose "disco" led notifications?
    Similar but, in my opinion, better.

    You can set 4 different LEDs per alert, and can tweak color, duration, etc for each one. It's not exactly like the Disco of BeBuzz, but this app is also less than 20% the file size of BeBuzz. Not saying Disco alert has anything to do with app file size, just drawing comparisons among factors relevant to me.

    So far I've been happy with the trade-offs of having left BeBuzz for Advance OS. I absolutely love it.
  11. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4one1 View Post
    is this similar to BeBuzz? and also with this app can i choose "disco" led notifications?
    A portion of this app can do everything bebuzz (paid version) can do, however it also does much more when it comes to LED notifications. and yes you can make your own disco lights up to 4 colors, but why limit yourself to blinking led, this app can also mix and fade colors into each other without blinking

    however, Bebuzz has a better interface than my app and might be easier to use, since my app is not just an LED app, it also plugs into your phone OS for many other features.

    You must try both and decide for your self
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
  12. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,776 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Al Sooz View Post
    I can

    Countless times people had problems of LED not working due to having the Night LED feature Activated, so i added the Icon in the notification bar to help people remember that the Night LED feature is activated
    Oh ok that makes sense thanks.


    Ok, now I have another question when setting up a customized contact and there are settings for choosing SMS or EMAIL ...if both settings are pressed ON (say some people choose this app over BeBuzz for both email AND sms) If the user receives a notification how would he or she know if it's SMS or Email? There's only one way to set the colors it's either for SMS or Email. It can't be for both. Would you consider making this a future update? Is there anyway there could be double the customized set of colors one for email, and one for sms?

    I know Bebuzz's settings have both, but a lot of people would not want to pay for an app when Your app does just about everything and it's free.

    Here's something I designed if you needed a visual.



    This would be the same design for BBM too.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 02-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.
  13. gg22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Did anybody notice increased battery discharge rate after installing this app? I really like it, but with beBuzz my rate is 2.5%, with Advance OS it increases to 5%. And when replaced beck with beBuzz - it goes back to 2.5%, so I know for sure it's Adbanced OS.

    Anybody else noticed it?
  14. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gg22 View Post
    Did anybody notice increased battery discharge rate after installing this app? I really like it, but with beBuzz my rate is 2.5%, with Advance OS it increases to 5%. And when replaced beck with beBuzz - it goes back to 2.5%, so I know for sure it's Adbanced OS.

    Anybody else noticed it?
    I like this, why not everyone starts comparing the CPU, memory and battery utilization for my app, "color ID" and Bebuzz.

    here is how

    Memory: goto Homescreen> Options> Device> Application Management> move to Memory (watch for 1 min only )

    CPU : goto Homescreen> Options> Device> Application Management> move to CPU

    Battery : combine the CPU and Memory utilization, or use a battery watcher( not very accurate to pinpoint which app, but it will do the job)

    Note: LED is not the only factor, also sound, vibration and screen light plays a bigger role in draining battery.

    So if you keep your screen light on, listen to music or talk on the phone while testing, even for few minutes then you are doing it wrong

    Good luck with the shock
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    gtamhankar likes this.
  15. jbeek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    103 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Finally there's an app that shows a notification when a call is put on mute!

    I was wondering though ... would it be possible for you to add an LED notification for that event too, not just a vibration?

    Thanks!
  16. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Would you consider making this a future update? Is there anyway there could be double the customized set of colors one for email, and one for sms?

    This would be the same design for BBM too.
    each app has its own unique methods of separating things, my app displays email accounts that you can setup LED for separately, and sms as well. For individual contacts, my app provides a way to uniquely identify contacts.

    For example, if it is my boss then i wouldnt want to miss or delay my reply to anything that he sends me, regardless if its an email, sms, or a miss call. same thing if it is my wife.

    Separating people from unimportant emails, sms, calls and bbm is what my app is known for. For separating sms, email, bbm and calls from the same person, i would recommend Bebuzz
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
  17. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbeek View Post
    Finally there's an app that shows a notification when a call is put on mute!

    I was wondering though ... would it be possible for you to add an LED notification for that event too, not just a vibration?

    Thanks!
    i thought about it, but when i was testing it, someone called me at the same time, so i realized that it will conflict with the second caller LED as well as other LEDs.

    Plus, you will always be holding your phone when you put your call on mute, even when it is done accidentally
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
  18. seagull's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    65 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I wasn't sure where to ask this question as there are several threads on this app. I've switched from BeBuzz to your app and I'm liking it better I think. I do have one question. I've got several contacts where there is no "name" just a company (I enter my contacts into outlook and then synch). The main contact that this is an issues with is my work contact. I'd like to set an individual contact led for this but it shows an error because the "name" area is blank. If I add info in the name area I don't get an error. Is this something that can be addressed in an update or is this an OS thing. I had the same issue with BeBuzz. I hope I've explained this clearly enough. Thanks and thank you for a great app.
  19. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seagull View Post
    I wasn't sure where to ask this question as there are several threads on this app. I've switched from BeBuzz to your app and I'm liking it better I think. I do have one question. I've got several contacts where there is no "name" just a company (I enter my contacts into outlook and then synch). The main contact that this is an issues with is my work contact. I'd like to set an individual contact led for this but it shows an error because the "name" area is blank. If I add info in the name area I don't get an error. Is this something that can be addressed in an update or is this an OS thing. I had the same issue with BeBuzz. I hope I've explained this clearly enough. Thanks and thank you for a great app.
    You are correct, there are many threads for this app and thats why i started a facebook page were people can requests new features or ask for help or even follow my updates if you clicked on the "Like" button ( please do so ).

    ok, back to your question, let me provide you with a tip that i use with outlook contacts and company only contact. usually if you have a person and he belongs to a company, you would write the persons name in the first name + last name fields then you would write the company's name in the company field, which works fine for all apps. however if you have a company, then its best to write the company's name in both the first name field and the company's name field, this way when you sort or filter by company, you will still get what you want, or when using a 3rd party tools (like any LED app), you will also get things working without any errors

    To cut it short, copy the company's name to the first name field while leaving the company's field as it is, this will greatly help you in many other 3rd party tools and in outlook itself

    hope this helps.
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
  20. gtamhankar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Hey Sultan, Just wanted to let you know that I just love this app and it totally blows away any other similar apps. There are so many options! Just downloaded the new v9.8.

    Keep up the good work!!
  21. DocDRM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,771 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!
    #21  

    Default

    Sultan, love the App as a less than 1 week user - ESPECIALLY the Add to Contacts: Existing/New popup with a choice to dismiss or let it clear itself - the timing on the self clear is perfect!

    Left a review in AppWorld addressing a few whiners and supporting how awesome it is that this is free! Also added that I would be more than willing to pay, which several others had stated too.

    This is the first thread I've looked at on AOSL so maybe you've answered this - WHY FREE?? Too good!! Do you have other apps that we can support?

    Also - without quoting, several times above you suggested folks use "the other app" instead of yours if they wanted a certain feature, and admitted ". . .BeBuzz has a better interface than my app and might be easier to use . . ."

    I'll support a humble, open and honest guy like you any day of the week!
    Thanked by:
    Sultan Al Sooz (02-02-2012) 
  22. bovid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    love the new update! love the support of the developer!

    may i ask why there is a clock icon in popups (i am sure it is there for a reason, prob for functioning of popups)? is it possible we can hide it? also can we get an option to hide the multi language option/ or move it in to the settings menu

    thanks for your hard work
    You should really check out @Dropbox. It's hot. http://db.tt/uKS1Pry
  23. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bovid View Post
    love the new update! love the support of the developer!

    may i ask why there is a clock icon in popups (i am sure it is there for a reason, prob for functioning of popups)? is it possible we can hide it? also can we get an option to hide the multi language option/ or move it in to the settings menu

    thanks for your hard work
    the Clock Icon is the smallest i could find from the built-in images to make a place holder for the image which also supports the senders name and email attributes spacing (im sorry if it is too technical).

    mutli-language dropdown is for displaying none english characters, and i didnt want users to hide it since some might then complain that my app doesnt support all the languages in bb OS, and since no other popup app supports this option, i thought of making it mandatory. users keep playing around with my app's settings then complain about missing options which are actually available. multi-language is a unique option in my app popups and people wont know what to do with it until they disable it.

    Sometimes a developer needs to take a decision on whats best for users, cause you can never satisfy everyone in this world
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
  24. Sultan Al Sooz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocDRM View Post
    Sultan, love the App as a less than 1 week user - ESPECIALLY the Add to Contacts: Existing/New popup with a choice to dismiss or let it clear itself - the timing on the self clear is perfect!

    Left a review in AppWorld addressing a few whiners and supporting how awesome it is that this is free! Also added that I would be more than willing to pay, which several others had stated too.

    This is the first thread I've looked at on AOSL so maybe you've answered this - WHY FREE?? Too good!! Do you have other apps that we can support?

    Also - without quoting, several times above you suggested folks use "the other app" instead of yours if they wanted a certain feature, and admitted ". . .BeBuzz has a better interface than my app and might be easier to use . . ."

    I'll support a humble, open and honest guy like you any day of the week!
    Many thanks for your kind words

    Why free !? i think its the opposite, WHY NOT FREE ? freeware has a better experience than paid apps in all aspects, that includes users behavior, user committees, supporting all age groups, speed of enhancements, tons of other things, just take a look at Android, google, facebook and youtube. Whats wrong with making million users happy in your free time

    Not giving credit for other people's hard work is nothing to be proud about, bebuzz and few other apps deserve to be mentioned for their excellent development work and should be supported whenever required. i dont need to cheat or trick people into using my app, im well aware of what im providing and that users need to choose for themselves
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    Thanked by 2:
    ench18 (02-03-2012),  remmy00 (02-03-2012) 
    ench18 likes this.
  25. the gladiator's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Coming from bebuzz I installed this app to give it a try and...I'm astonished !!! It's much more than an app, it really looks like an OS module !!! There is only one (important for me) drawback: it doesn't consider the ring tones. I would like to choose a different ring tone for every notification (missed call, text message, email, etc.) as I can do for led colors.

    Will that feature be available in a next release ? Which is its priority ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions