Trying to use Blackberry Desktop Manager but stuck when i get to device connection it wont let me click to put pin. Also how do I get or make a password.
    04-10-09 08:17 AM
    Have you also installed the OS for your phone? DM must be accompanied by the OS you currently have on the phone. You can download the OS from the Verizon site or BB site. It is an executable file - run it and it places a copy on the computer.

I believe you place the password on the PHONE and that will protect it when connected to the computer as request the password. It is probably in OPTIONS, SECURITY
    04-10-09 08:44 AM
    Trying to use Blackberry Desktop Manager but stuck when i get to device connection it wont let me click to put pin. Also how do I get or make a password.

If I understand correctly, Desktop Manager opens but does not recognize your device PIN correctly.

The key to the connection is your USB port and drivers. The correct driver are supplied with the BlackBerry Desktop Software package.

If you have installed the older copy from a CD, you should upgrade to a later version. Currently v4.6 or v4.7 for Storm owners is available.

After a re-install, it should work correctly. If it still does not work, BlackBerry Support has published a paper on troubleshooting USB problems.

View Document

While you are at it, make sure you follow F2's advise and download your device OS software too.
    04-10-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD