I have been trying to get in touch with Processtext to try and get some questions answered with their software. It seems that all the email addresses that I had are no longer vaild. I have paid the 19.99 for the program and now it seems like there is no way to get in touch with them. I need the file again seeing that my old laptop crashed. Anyone offer any help with this??
    10-26-10 10:26 AM
    While the web site is still up and most of the links are good, the one you need... Support, is dead. Not looking good. They have one of the few programs that let you poke and play with your .ipd backup files.
    10-26-10 04:03 PM
    I have tried a number of different email addresses to get a hold of them and they all bounce back. Does anyone know if I can take the program off my old hard drive and transfer it to my new one. My old hard drive does. If not does anyone else know about the Process Text Company. I love the program but the company is not so hot.
    10-27-10 07:34 AM
    What kind of access do you have to the old hard drive? Is it installed in a computer or is it still in the dead computer? It's difficult to move a program from one hard drive to another and still have it work as it won't be installed and it won't have the registry entry needed for it to run. It's probably a lost cause.
    10-27-10 07:58 AM
    I have full access to the hard drive as i have removed it and converted it into a portable hard drive. So do you think i have to download ABC Converter again and pay the unknown people another 19.99??
    10-27-10 08:30 AM
    You could try something like Laplink's PC Mover software to move you old apps from one hard drive to another.
    10-27-10 08:32 AM
    No no, try moving it first, it might work, some apps will work and can run WITHOUT being registered, or will recreate the correct entry once they run. It's well worth trying if you have access to the drive.
    10-27-10 08:55 AM
    I will try and see what I can do. Thanks
    10-27-10 11:57 AM
    I saw "Amber Converter" and thought this thread was going to be about:

But then, if it were, it would have to be called Ambuh Convetuh.....

10-27-10 01:14 PM
    This is not going well at all. It looks like the backup files are locked and will not move with out changing the permission of each one. Once i get them moved there is no way to open them. I tried to just download the converter program from ABC and there is not a feature to buy anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions to open my backup files seeing that most of the info in them I need so i can print them out for a legal battle. Please help.
    10-28-10 06:54 PM
    I am not too sure of what you're requesting if you still need help with this, but it sounds like you can open up the locked IPD files, put in the password to unlock and then save them again without encrypting with a password. Once that happens, use the ABC software to view them. Unfortunately contacting them has lead to bounce backs myself, as I am a registered user too. I currently have an older version of the software, 8.16 and was looking to update to 9.02. Anyone have the newest version for registered users?
    11-15-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD