Dear all the master blackberry gurus,

Hi, Need some serious advices folks,

a) If theres any apps for 9900 that auto switch between 3G to 2G/edge when phone goes on standby and switched back to 3G when you turn the phone back on ?

b) which battery apps you reckon is the best for 9900 ? I need some auto detect functions so that I don't need to switch on/off certain functions when not in used.

c) I just downloaded Battery saver (Empower) but some features are missing. For example, The GPS monitoring function has disappeared from the app. Is that normal?

(Buy Battery Saver : Battery Booster to Optimize Battery Life - Download Battery Saver : Battery Booster to Optimize Battery Life - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World )

d) The themes for OS 7 is out yet ? I tried googled but unavailable till date..

No punk intended.. Hopefully some kind souls able to answer these questions.

Thank you for reading.
    09-14-11 01:06 PM
    I dont know why you would want your phone to turn to 2G/EDGE when your phone is on standby..... UMTS/GSM/CDMA all use the same amount of energy when on standby. Your not wasting any more battery life by having it on one over the other while the phone is on standby.... The only time you will see a difference is when you are using the phone for like a phone call or something and even then the difference in power drain is negligible.

If your phone is searching for a signal constantly this will drain battery life so if you have a ****ty 3G signal it would be better to switch over to 2G/EDGE.

I know very little about battery apps as I dont obsess about battery life. Its just not worth it, just use your phone without all the battery apps running in the background and you will see a great improvement in battery life. By obsessing over the battery you will just be hurting battery life.... But its up to you.

Also there are no Themes for OS7 as RIM hasnt released the Theme Builder for OS7.

If I answered your questions clickem mah Thanks buttons! Take Care!
    lucretiusgoh likes this.
    09-14-11 01:44 PM
    Hello Thank you for your prompt reply and I clicked a "Like" Button..

however,

I came from Android and iOS world previously.There are apps that will normally switched to 3G when detect phone is in use and back to 2G when is on standby. That saves **** lotsa battery life. In other posts that I read over here, it also clearly advise users to switch to 2G/Edge if they want to save more battery juice. *Shrug* I don't think it all use the same amount of energy but it would definitely be interesting to find out more from here

AND

I do agreed with the theory that having battery apps running in the background will stress the phone that might deplete even more battery life. Although I am still curious if any developers have came up the concept above-mentioned for blackberry devices.

PLUS..

Thank you for the info with regards on the themes. That save me the trouble digging every page in mobihand.com

Cheers,

Lucretius.
    09-14-11 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD