I've had this phone for 2 weeks now and I've never once received a notification that an app was available for upgrade. I have to go in and manually check, most times with an app or two having an upgrade available. Anyone else with this problem? Do I have the settings off or something?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    09-21-11 11:37 PM
    Have you gone to App World/My World. It will tell you on the header *2 Updates Available*.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 01:10 AM
    Thanks for your response.
    I go into the app all the time, even into the "My World" section and I never see any type of notice. I have to go to the "upgrades" section and refresh in order to see the update. I'm so accustomed to seeing the little black circle notifier on my home screen to let me know I have an update.
    Any other suggestions?
    09-22-11 05:33 AM
    Ya I have the same problem any fix for it
    09-22-11 07:22 AM
    Its an issue with appworld 3...i dont get any notifications or anything and sometimes when i go to check my installed apps, it doesnt bring them up unless i do an ALT R S T combo or reboot my phone...
    09-22-11 07:27 AM
    Have you setup your Blackberry ID yet? Options/Device/Blackberry ID.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 08:05 AM
    I've had this phone for 2 weeks now and I've never once received a notification that an app was available for upgrade. I have to go in and manually check, most times with an app or two having an upgrade available. Anyone else with this problem? Do I have the settings off or something?
    Ya. AppWorld 3.0 is reportedly very buggy for some. It runs pretty smoothly for me on my 9780 though, but when I do have issues, an ALT -> RST seems to fix them.

I am curious as I have been with T-Mobile for 15 years since the days of OmniPoint, and I am now considering getting a 9900. Is the 9900 that lacking in apps and such that things need to be constantly updated? I realize this also primarily depends on the specific apps that you have downloaded from AppWorld since getting your device, but it appears that you required so many updates in just a 2 week period. You mentioned "an app or two" when you go in to manually check. I have not had the experience with AppWorld that so many updates are available within such a small time frame.

If I may ask, what would be some of these apps that needed updating within this time (the last 2 weeks)? I wonder if I am missing some updates as well.

I wouldn't want a device that needed such upgrades, and I don't see how that many updates would be available. I think I've notice only 2, but your apps may be different.

TIA
    09-22-11 11:04 AM
    Ya. AppWorld 3.0 is reportedly very buggy for some. It runs pretty smoothly for me on my 9780 though, but when I do have issues, an ALT -> RST seems to fix them.

I am curious as I have been with T-Mobile for 15 years since the days of OmniPoint, and I am now considering getting a 9900. Is the 9900 that lacking in apps and such that things need to be constantly updated? I realize this also primarily depends on the specific apps that you have downloaded from AppWorld since getting your device, but it appears that you required so many updates in just a 2 week period. You mentioned "an app or two" when you go in to manually check. I have not had the experience with AppWorld that so many updates are available within such a small time frame.

If I may ask, what would be some of these apps that needed updating within this time (the last 2 weeks)? I wonder if I am missing some updates as well.

I wouldn't want a device that needed such upgrades, and I don't see how that many updates would be available. I think I've notice only 2, but your apps may be different.

TIA
    There are a few apps missing from the app world but I'm sure they will come in time. the 9900 is a solid phone and i definitely recommend it.
    i have a ton of apps on my phone (many are useless), so that's why all the updates. It's definitely not an issue with the phone.

Thanks to all the other responses! I'm guessing this is something that will be fixed in an update.
    09-23-11 11:25 PM
    There are a few apps missing from the app world but I'm sure they will come in time. the 9900 is a solid phone and i definitely recommend it.
    i have a ton of apps on my phone (many are useless), so that's why all the updates. It's definitely not an issue with the phone.

Thanks to all the other responses! I'm guessing this is something that will be fixed in an update.
    Thanks for the response. I was just hoping that you could let me know what would be some of these apps? If not, that's OK.

Enjoy!
    09-24-11 05:31 AM
    Thanks for the response. I was just hoping that you could let me know what would be some of these apps? If not, that's OK.

Enjoy!
    Well from the top of my head I have:

Drivesafely
    Poynt
    BerryWeather
    MeterBerry
    SmartWifi
    T-Mobile myAccount
    ScoreMobile
    Google Maps
    Quicklaunch
    UberSocial