I've been using a 9810 that I got from a friend (3 days now) and noticed it has rebooted 3 times (that I've seen). Both times today it seems like it rebooted when I removed it from the belt clip. One time it looked like it rebooted just as it was finishing boot up.

I've also noticed 3-4 times when I've removed it from the clip that it has the flashlight app that I have installed running.

Never had either of these things happen on the 9800.

Anyone have any insight into this? Very annoying. Might hasten my move to a 9900. Was hoping to hold out for BB10 phone now that I am upgrade eligable.

Roveer
    06-20-12 10:10 PM
    Oops! Sorry. Double post!
    Last edited by iansantos17; 06-20-12 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Network Problem.
    06-20-12 11:09 PM
    I've been using a 9810 that I got from a friend (3 days now) and noticed it has rebooted 3 times (that I've seen). Both times today it seems like it rebooted when I removed it from the belt clip. One time it looked like it rebooted just as it was finishing boot up.

I've also noticed 3-4 times when I've removed it from the clip that it has the flashlight app that I have installed running.

Anyone have any insight into this? Very annoying. Might hasten my move to a 9900. Was hoping to hold out for BB10 phone now that I am upgrade eligable.

Roveer
    Hi Roveer,

Wipe your device.

Backup via Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    After backup, wipe your Blackberry handheld

How to Wipe Handheld Blackberry OS 4

• Go to options

• General settings

• Press the menu BB

• Select Wipe Handheld

• There is a choice "wipe include 3rd party" choose to wipe all the applications installed.

• Type "blackberry" to confirm handheld wipe

How to Wipe Handheld Blackberry OS 5

• Go to Options

• Security Options

• Security Wipe

• There are 3 choices. Select a wipe / delete emails, contacts, user installed applications and media card

How to Wipe Handheld BlackBerry OS 6-OS 7.1

• Go to Options

• Security

• Security Wipe

• There are 3 choices. Select a wipe / delete emails, contacts, user installed applications and media card

Reset your BlackBerry to factory settings. Read this Article
    KB18998-How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Or you can reload your OS
    KB03901-How to update BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Hope that helps.
    Good luck!
    06-20-12 11:10 PM

07-03-12 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD