Hey guys, I just updated to .141, everything seems to be running well. However, my quicklaunch is playing up. It flashes rapidly when opened? Is this happening to anyone else and is there a fix??
    04-29-09 09:48 AM
    same with my 132/141 9530 hybrid .... no fix ive found
    04-29-09 10:25 AM
    Shot an email off to Nikkisoft. Awaiting repsonse. Ill let you know how that goes.
    04-29-09 10:28 AM
    please...keep us update on this one!!

Thanks!
    04-29-09 01:26 PM
    Just waiting for word from Nikkisoft. Hopefully the upgrade would fix it.

bump
    04-29-09 07:37 PM
    ..I am seeing this bug as well on 9530 w/ .141...

~dd

edit: moved back to .132 for now...
    Last edited by daredevilsadvocate; 04-30-09 at 02:00 PM.
    04-30-09 12:39 PM
    I'd also emailed NikkiSoft. Possible solution(s) are posted elsewhere here on CB.

I was not expecting NikkiSoft to actually DO anything about this issue, since the OS is beta. But the developer emailed me back..

Unfortunately QuickLaunch will not work with .141 without one of the OS fixes that can be found here on CB. I've been working on this the last 15 hours trying everything I could think of. There is a bug in a fundamental function in the .141 OS. I tried to rewrite and restructure the app many different ways to get around it but nothing was successful. Believe me I tried. I didn't even sleep last night.

RIM has stopped development on 4.7 and is going to 5.0 from here on out and from what I'm told (by RIM) there will be no more 4.7 leaks. QuickLaunch works correctly on 5.0 on other devices and I'm going to assume it will also work on the Storm 5.0. If not then I will addresss the issue again at that time.

.141 is an unofficial beta leak and over 90% of QL owners are still running .75 therefore I am going to stop working on a solution to this and return back to QL 2.0 development.

If you need QL then you'll have to stay with OS .132 or earlier or use one of the patches / hybrids to .141.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
    I must say, I'm VERY impressed that they gave it so much effort. Seriously, they justifiably could have just dismissed this due to the nature of betas.

So...I'm off to play with the fixes that have been posted.

Cheers
    - Joe
    05-01-09 04:22 PM
    Could you please let us know how you get on with the fixes and where we can find the one that works. I really don't want to have to downgrade os or wait for 5.0
    Really impressed with NS efforts though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 04:46 PM
    Common issue, there are some fixes which people claim to work others say they brick their phone. The fix I have seen that has been claimed to work the best are the hybrdis...the one by ONE or Lyrical
    05-01-09 04:55 PM
    How did you get on with the fixes

05-02-09 04:11 AM
    There are a couple threads on this in the OS section with more detailed information on the fix. Works for some and not for others...likely because of different install methods. But, the fix involves replacing the java files in .141 with the files from .132. I use all of the leaks but creating a hybrid strikes me as defeating the purpose in hoping for a solid OS from RIM/Verizon.

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, Cheetah is hoping this problem is confined to .141 and won't appear in later leaks (if there are any with 5.0 on the way) or in whatever is leaked/released in 5.0. I don't think he knows that for sure as he doesn't have higher 4.7 versions or 5.0 versions for the Storm. If it happens on future versions, he's got a problem he has to solve.
    05-02-09 05:01 AM
    Common issue, there are some fixes which people claim to work others say they brick their phone. The fix I have seen that has been claimed to work the best are the hybrdis...the one by ONE or Lyrical
    I did this fix and it WORKS!!! Just take you time and follow the directions exactly and you wont have any issues......
    05-02-09 05:39 AM
    Can you post the link please

05-02-09 05:52 AM
    I like 141 for now - not going back to 132. I am using alt. apps for now.
    05-02-09 09:06 AM
    Likewise . I don't want to mess with hybrids and will wait for 5

05-02-09 09:35 AM
    does the fact that .141 has been offcially rolled out change anything?
    05-07-09 07:17 AM
    Yes, early attempts to fix this problem with crackutil did indeed brick your phone. But after about 2 days of using different combination, it was found that there are 6 .cods in the Java folder of .141 that are causing the problems with Quicklaunch. It can be fixed here.
    05-07-09 07:50 AM
    Yes, early attempts to fix this problem with crackutil did indeed brick your phone. But after about 2 days of using different combination, it was found that there are 6 .cods in the Java folder of .141 that are causing the problems with Quicklaunch. It can be fixed here.
    The 'it can be fixed here' link doesn't work could you please re-post
    05-07-09 08:55 AM
    I'm with you...I'm pretty happy with .141 for now, and am not a fan of hybrids - just my preference. I'll have to either wait for a fix (now that .141 has gone official from Vodafone) or wait until 5.0 is released.

I'm gonna miss QL til then
    05-07-09 09:33 AM
    Just got this reply from Nikkisoft, 5 mins after emailing them, that's service!
    "There is a bug with 141 that causes QL to not work correctly. 141 also has other issues like you can't lock your device.
    There are fixes to 141 on crackberry.com that fixes the QL issue along with some other issues if you don't want to wait for the fix.
    The fix to QL will be in version 2.0 which is coming out soon.
    Thanks for understanding."
    I'll be waiting on the fix, life's too short to be messing around with somthing that might brick my phone ;-)
    05-10-09 04:28 PM
    shaneparks fix on blackberry os WILL NOT brick your phone ive been using it since the release of 141 however i will be doing the ql update when its available with the official unmolested 141
    05-10-09 04:40 PM
    simple fix is to replace the java file from .141 with an earlier OS (.132 for 9530). fast and easy. i did it with mine and it works perfect.
    05-10-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD