Strange, I did have the EULA agreement screen for about 3-5 reboots where I could not click Yes or No. This lasted about 3 weeks. I had uninstalled 1.19.6 and re-installed 1.19.2 and was still getting what I think was the 1.19.6 EULA challenge for those 3 weeks. that was about a month ago. yesterday, all of a sudden, 1.19.2 was there and working! Go figure.
    02-10-09 01:45 PM
    got an email back from RIM regarding this issue, below is what they say to do:

On the BlackBerry Smartphone, please navigate to the following location

Options > Security Options > Application Permissions

Highlight or click on "BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applications" and hit the Menu Button. Select "Edit Permissions"

Expand the "Connections" by making sure the button next to "Connections" is selected and hit the "Menu" button and select "Expand"

Set the "Phone" application to "Allow"

Click on "Menu" and choose "Save"

Try to use the Visual Voicemail application and see if your getting the same error.
    This seems to be a similar fix, like what WildHairZero has done but it is on the phone instead of the BES.
    02-11-09 10:55 AM
    After erasing the 1.19.6 version from my phone, I went to the address he sent me on my blackberry and it brought up a download prompt for 1.19.2. I downloaded and installed that version, and now all is well once again.

Here is the web address for the 1.19.2 download:

mobile.vzw.com/download/vvm/Storm/vvmail_9530.jad

Hope this helps others with the same problem.
    That works!! Thanks! This happened the moment that we upgraded our VVM. Checked my BES policy but didn't see anything that I could change to alleviate it. Spent an hour two on my own and hour or so w/ VZW tech. Tried everything but wiping it and could not get "Allow" as an option in the Connection settings (Prompt or Deny were the only choices). After removing and installing the other version, my "Allow" setting has returned and I get the EULA. Thank you for posting the link.
    02-12-09 01:10 PM
    Anyone have a answer for BES 5.0 I just changed my unlisted application policy to phone allow. Thing is works for some user and not for others. I have not modified the default policy, but I do have two custom policies. But still no straight rhyme or reason. Especial when it stops working all of a sudden with no change in the users policy.
    06-17-09 03:51 PM
    Anyone have a answer for BES 5.0 I just changed my unlisted application policy to phone allow. Thing is works for some user and not for others. I have not modified the default policy, but I do have two custom policies. But still no straight rhyme or reason. Especial when it stops working all of a sudden with no change in the users policy.

For enterprise 5 its found under

BlackBerry Device Software>Manage application control policies for unlisted applications>Standard Unlisted Optional>access settings>Is access to the screen, microphone, and video capturing APIs allowed

And set it to allow...fixed my issues with VVM on BES 5
    07-30-09 10:26 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD