Hi guys!

When I power up my Blackberry 8900, I get a solid red LED for around 30 seconds, then it goes off and the screen goes white for as long as I keep it plugged in. I was thinking it was either a broken LCD at first, but when I connect it to Desktop Manager, it's unreadable. So I attempted to wipe the device several times with JL_Cmder which didn't work, as soon as I pressed (4 - wipe) within say 5 or less seconds, it would just close and nothing would happen on the BB. I tried with/without battery in several times and also tried the App Loader method (Normal and /nojvm), I pressed next when it showed unknown AND when it showed my PIN but neither worked, it said that it was unable to connect to my device.

I am using a Mini-USB that was originally from an LG phone as I've misplaced mine, but it's worked fine in the past so I don't see any problems with it.

What can I try next/give more detail about?

Sorry to have a thread similar to so many, I'm just searching the web and getting more + more confused!

Thank you

Edit: I managed to get App Loader to connect to it and it restores the OS until 'reconnecting to jvm/waiting for device initilization' and that's when I cannot progress any further. Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by lakeway; 06-28-11 at 02:28 PM.
    06-28-11 01:12 PM
    You need to wipe the device. JL_cmder doesn't always connect to the device for whatever reason. I'd keep trying to get the phone wiped clean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 06:46 AM
    No matter how many times I try and wipe with JL_cmder, nothing will happen. The Blackberry shows a solid white screen with no error messages, is this a software error? I fear it may be more serious.
    06-29-11 03:15 PM
    I would sometimes run into this, where JL_cmder wouldn't wipe the device. No matter how many times you hit the wipe command nothing will happen. You need JL_cmder to connect to the device. Most of the time rebooting my pc did the trick. I think JL_cmdr doesn't play nice with windows/usb connections. Maybe BBSAK will work to wipe your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 07:21 PM
    Laptop/desktop? Windows vista or 7? Try turning user account control off when trying but turn it back on when done.
    06-29-11 07:40 PM
    How many times should I try it? I've tried about 20 but nothing happens, if I ask for an error log that's when I get the message 'Unable to open port...' or something similar.

Also, last time I tried to use BBSAK it wouldn't even detect my Blackberry. I'm tried with/without battery with usb/charging pod but nothing is working! It must be okay though seeing as it can install software in App Loader, just not initialize or whatever.

I'm on a Windows 7 Desktop. I'll try rebooting/new USB ports and cables

Thanks for the help so far! Miss my curve so much
    06-30-11 12:20 PM
    Did you try disconnecting from the internet and clicking the kill process button. Just guessing here.
    06-30-11 12:29 PM
    I'll try that now.

I've just thought, it's been a few months since I last used my BB, I just accepted it as dead and got a temp. phone but I don't remember if I had a password set or not? Will this make a difference? Seeing as I can't turn it on to type it or anything I'm guessing not, but this might be the problem.
    06-30-11 12:35 PM
    This is the problem I get in BBSAK:

It says it's disconnected even though Windows detects it.
    06-30-11 12:59 PM
    Uninstall desktop manager, run ccleaner - you can find it by searching on google or another search engine, reboot, redownload desktop manager and reinstall and try again. What process are you following after you get a 507 if you ever get it?
    06-30-11 01:04 PM
    I never get a 507 error, it's just a blank white screen like always.

And I'll do all that now, thanks!
    06-30-11 01:08 PM
    Did all of that but still getting this:

Is the password definitely needed? Because I don't remember having one...

Also, I think my battery isn't charged, could this affect it? I don't have a wall charger at the moment though, I used to just plug the cable into an iPhone USB adaptor. I will try tomorrow when I get a new battery and wall charger
    06-30-11 01:53 PM
    Are you using the original or a RIM usb cable? If not that could be your problem right there.
    06-30-11 03:45 PM
    I'm not, I'm using a mini-USB cable from an LG phone. I'll try and get my hands on an official one tomorrow, hopefully it solves the problem.
    06-30-11 04:12 PM
    Not sure the lg cable would have the necessary wiring. Sure it may charge it but the rest?
    06-30-11 04:13 PM
    I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make though, seeing as it acts as a data cable for LG phones and the apps were installed to it. But then again, many programs couldn't connect to the device to it.

Either way, it's worth a shot. Thanks for your help so far!
    06-30-11 04:20 PM
    did u get it to work ... am stuck with similar problem on torch

windows 7 recongnises it but BBASK and JL Cmder dont

red light blinks
    07-05-11 04:17 AM
    Since everything else has been tried and only the cable is the piece that's left I recommend you use a known good cable. Kindly keep us updated and we do our best to resolve this for you.
    07-05-11 06:31 AM
    Tried an official Blackberry cable and still stuck on 'Reconnecting to JVM'
    07-07-11 11:45 AM
    Why was this moved to the Blackberry Apps section?
    07-08-11 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD