I requested assistance from the makers of this program 4 days ago and haven't heard a word. Even after me sending numerous emails updating what errors I was getting etc.

I had a previous version of PI downloaded on my 8530, and it was working ok... I was having a couple minor issues and checked to see if there were updates for it or whatever, seen the newer version 2.0 and downloaded it.. Initially it gave me an error message : "Uncaught Exception:java.lang.NullPointerEception"

Yesterday the message changed and started showing: "This PI version is not intended to run on your device"... However on their site, it shows it is available to ALL blackberry devices.. And I ordered it off of the BB Appworld thing on my phone...

I have tried uninstalling, & reinstalling the program... Rebooting, cussing & jumping up and down on one foot facing east with an owl on my shoulder... Nothing is working...

Including their service department apparently.. I would gladly download another calender program if I could find one that done what I need it to be able to do.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the stupid thing working?

I am a new owner of a BlackBerry btw, we just bought these in November.. I love it except for this problem..

TIA
    01-07-10 02:11 PM
    If the issue is the PI software itself, I don't think there's much anyone can do other than the devs...

Bout the only thing you could try is wiping the device and reinstalling PI from a clean slate.
    01-07-10 02:31 PM
    I wouldn't wipe the device it is more then likely a problem with the app not the OS
    01-07-10 02:58 PM
    Pocket Informant 2 is working fine on my 8520. Absolutely no issues. Maybe you should try the forum at WebIS.
    01-07-10 06:44 PM
    I have an 8530 as well (my first blackberry!) and had the same issue with PI but only when I downloaded the trial version and the purchased version in AppWorld. I didn't have a problem when I downloaded from Crackberry.

I'm using the trial version from Crackberry and I'm currently not getting the pop-up telling me when my trial is done. Just in case it's requested, I do have my license/registration code from AppWorld. I did get a response from WebIS and they said my "code will passover (assuming it's the same major version-version 2 to version 2)" and said that if I'm "not seeing the nag screen" I was probably all set.

I hope that helps.
    01-25-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD