Anyone try to get 8350i and Tetherberry to work?
    03-15-09 05:25 PM
    tetherberry? does that allow tethering internet? wow I wouldn't dare try that again! tried mobishark on 7100i and found it useless!
    03-15-09 05:56 PM
    I'm not sure you want to tether on the IDEN network. It wouldn't be fast, that's for sure.
    03-15-09 05:59 PM
    I have the same question. I emailed Tetherberry and they said they didn't know for sure. They said to try it and if it didn't work they would refund my money. But I'd like to find out before I ordered it. I think we all understand it will be slow but for what I use it for speed isn't an issue. If my choices are "slow" or "nothing at all" I'll take slow. I used to connect my AT&T Palm Treo to my computer but most of the time it wasn't high speed anyway. I got tired of carrying 2 phones so I dumped the worthless AT&T.
    03-15-09 06:48 PM
    I won a copy from crackberry, and finally got it today. Unable to get my browsers to find a page, but it does transfer data as my weatherbug and mail came through. Probably going to need some tweaking, but just wasn't in the mood today to deal with it.
    With as slow as the speeds are going to be, and as much as the 8350i already does, I really don't see it being much use for us IDEN'ers.
    03-15-09 10:22 PM
    Anyone try to get 8350i and Tetherberry to work?
    Well technically it works, If you install the software on your computer and your handheld, your computer will register an internet signal as well as an IP. But the pages load so slow it is unusable, don't waste your time.
    03-15-09 10:31 PM
    Yes, I downloaded the Beta version last week and it took so long for any thing to load that it is useless on the IDEN. Their support was not any help with it so I will NOT buy it.
    Thanks people
    03-16-09 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD