collopy, blackberry's do not ring and vibrate at the same time. this is what the app does. plus customizing led lights instead of standard red. adds some individuality in my opinion. but i love the ring and vibrate feature. instead of vibrating twice and then ringing hella late.
    07-31-09 01:39 AM
    collopy, blackberry's do not ring and vibrate at the same time. this is what the app does. plus customizing led lights instead of standard red. adds some individuality in my opinion. but i love the ring and vibrate feature. instead of vibrating twice and then ringing hella late.
    or you could just get BuzzMe, which is free and will do JUST the vibrate/ring at the same time. I dont *think* i need the features of BerryBuzz, at least not until i have all my work emails coming through
    07-31-09 07:13 AM
    My tour I created my own profile so it rings and vibrates when I get a call or message, so that's nothing new to me. The reminder feature with the berrybuzz only blinks lights though right? Or can you get it to beep out loud for reminders also?
    No, your Tour did not do that. Blackberrys do not vibrate+ring by default. Also, the reminders can all have custom vibrations and tones, not just a "blinking light". the light is just further indication as to what type of message you have.

@ehalperin the reminders themselves are worth paying for. all my old "dumbphones" and previous smartphones had capability to remind me at set intervals that i had a message waiting, or a phone call missed, etc.
    07-31-09 07:38 AM
    Facebook; Telenav; Pandora; Google Maps; Ubertwitter
    07-31-09 09:38 AM
    Just curious: For those of you (and there are a lot) that use Google Maps, is there a need for Poynt, GM and BB Maps to all be on your device? Seems like overkill, especially if you have VZ Navigator. I currently have VZN, Poynt and BB Maps. What would my best combination be?
    07-31-09 12:09 PM
    what is autostandby?
    07-31-09 12:37 PM
    Where can u get smspopup for the tour. & how much does it cost?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:55 PM
    what is autostandby?
    AutoStandby allows you to use another case (or no case) without killing your battery life.

When you place the Tour in its original holster, a magnet in the holster triggers standby (power save) mode. If you bought your own case, or you don't use a case, then your Tour never enters standby (power save), and your battery drains twice as fast.

AutoStandby automatically puts your Blackberry in standby (power save) mode whenever the LCD goes off. That allows you to use it with another case, or without a case, without killing your battery life. If you always stick the Tour in the original holster when it's not in use, then there is no benefit to AutoStandby.
    Last edited by bkdtv; 07-31-09 at 02:47 PM.
    07-31-09 02:43 PM
    Meterberry

Their website says it's not compatible with the 9630. Did you have any problems?
    07-31-09 10:31 PM
    AutoStandby allows you to use another case (or no case) without killing your battery life.

When you place the Tour in its original holster, a magnet in the holster triggers standby (power save) mode. If you bought your own case, or you don't use a case, then your Tour never enters standby (power save), and your battery drains twice as fast.

AutoStandby automatically puts your Blackberry in standby (power save) mode whenever the LCD goes off. That allows you to use it with another case, or without a case, without killing your battery life. If you always stick the Tour in the original holster when it's not in use, then there is no benefit to AutoStandby.
    I see. Thanks. I always keep my phone in my purse and always put it into standby before I toss it in my purse so I guess this would be useless to me.
    07-31-09 11:52 PM
    autostandby seems nice. but isnt that what the mute key is for?
    07-31-09 11:58 PM
    My 6 must have apps:

QuickLaunch
    Zonasnap
    BBSmart Alarms pro
    Beyond160
    Startme Up
    Google Maps
    08-01-09 12:02 AM
    My five apps are:

1. Quicklaunch
    2. Where
    3. Slacker
    4. BerryBuzz
    5. Socialscope
    08-01-09 03:48 PM
    The three I really like so far that are made by the same developer are...

BerryBuzz
    BerryPop-up
    BerryWeather
    08-01-09 03:54 PM
    I'm pretty lame:

Opera Mini
    Weatherbug
    Telus Navigator
    FB
    Windows Live Messenger.

I said I was lame!!
    08-01-09 03:59 PM
    Google Sync (I live by my Google Calendar)
    bbAlerts (missed call reminder)
    Weatherbug Elite (puts the temp. on my home screen)
    ScoreMobile (up to date sports scores)
    Pandora (very cool)
    09-21-09 08:48 AM
    List the 5 apps you find most useful and/or fun on your tour.

Mine:
    1.) AutoStandby
    2.) Google Maps
    3.) Poynt
    4.) BuzzMe Pro
    5.) QuickPull v2

Close runner-ups:
    1.) SMSPopup
    2.) KaGlom (who doesn't like free games?!) ^_^
    Forreals?? Quick pull already? WOW!! Do u need to use it a lot?
    09-21-09 08:54 AM
    1) StudentDocket (never thought it was worth it, but now I realize I can't live without it)
    2) BerryBuzz
    3) BerryWeather
    4) Opera Mini (made the list because of how awesome beta 5 is)
    5) Pandora
    09-21-09 08:57 AM
    Bolt
    Buzz Me Pro
    Google Maps
    Pandora
    I Fart Radio
    09-21-09 08:59 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD