What is the compatibility of 'regular' 9700 apps to the new BB6 software? I have quite a few apps that i do not want to lose, and some i cannot lose for work. Does anyone have some insight to this?? Anything would be great.

**Can't believe this day has come.... I just knew it was a hacker or something.. So Happy!!**
    11-02-10 09:15 AM
    Having gone from a 9700 to a 9800 (with OS 6) I found that of the 80+ apps
    installed on my device there were only two that were not compatible with the new
    OS. They were UltimateLock and eMobile Today Professional.

Not sure if that helps you but my migration from one OS to the other was
    virtually seamless.
    11-02-10 10:23 AM
    I am curious about this as well. good to see it seems to be seemless, I don't have a pile of apps but I would like to keep as many of them as possible. if they dont work ... ** hum, i'm updating anyway!! OS6, HERE I COME!!!!!!
    11-02-10 11:02 AM
    I want to know about comapatibillity with THEMES,,,,
    I have a bounch of themes ,many of them i buy it from HedoneDesighn and I love using them. But will they work to OS6 for 9700 bold ,or I have to wait from HedoneDesighn to make UPDATES FOR THEM ?>???????????????
    11-02-10 11:12 AM
    I have a bounch of themes ,many of them i buy it from HedoneDesighn and I love using them. But will they work to OS6 for 9700 bold ,or I have to wait from HedoneDesighn to make UPDATES FOR THEM ?>???????????????
    thats percisely what i was coming back on to ask ... i'm loading OS6 now and i have premium droidslide theme, i'll let ya know if it transfers over ... i may be ok with the default theme here, but it would be nice to know that something I paid for will continue to work on OS6!

MOMENTS AWAY! PHONE IS REBOOTING TO OS6!!!
    11-02-10 11:24 AM
    Themes I can't speak to as I usually find one or two minimalistic themes and
    stay with them. Buying themes is insane to me considering how many of our
    members produce good work for free. Except for Calx Designs. I'd buy anything
    they put out.
    11-02-10 11:35 AM
    Who needs a theme with this great OS? It has a perfect looking theme, with very nice fade in visual effects.
    11-02-10 11:53 AM
    The beta OS6 theme-builder only supports the Torch as of today. Until they release an updated theme-builder you will only have the default OS6 theme.
    11-02-10 11:55 AM
    Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    11-02-10 12:01 PM
    The main apps I use on my bb including ultimate lock, Berryweather, Berrybuzz, mailminder and call blocker pro all work perfectly since upgrade for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:42 PM
    Also any themes you had before upgrade will not work on os6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:43 PM
    Thank guys, this helped alot! The change from OS5 to OS6 was very seemless for me. I got all my apps back from AppWorld and MobiHand's servers. Really impressed with the steps RIM took to make this easy for us 9700 users. I look foreard to the new OS.

*And the OS6 theme seems to be what I was looking for all along. No need to bring over my other themes. I will miss a few select ones though...*
    11-03-10 09:56 AM
    Having gone from a 9700 to a 9800 (with OS 6) I found that of the 80+ apps
    installed on my device there were only two that were not compatible with the new
    OS. They were UltimateLock and eMobile Today Professional.

Not sure if that helps you but my migration from one OS to the other was
    virtually seamless.
    It did help. Honored to have you post on my thread. 15K+!!! WOW!! Keep it up man!
    11-25-10 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD