Hi, I`m fairly new to blackberry devices, got my 9520 now (on v5.0.436)
    i was browsing app-worls etc , thats all ok, unless theres an app that inst in app-world.
    i just got the crackberry-store installed on the phone, looks ok but i need to get opera mini beta 5 on it, I`ve tried the "Install from memory card thing" it always errors with the .cod file

I also tried the opra5 beta OTA, i just get error saying`your device is not suppoorted

`
    and the only ones that are installable from pc are the apps with the .cod+.alx files, which most dont have.
    Is there an easy way to install apps that arent from either store and that cannot be done OTA or via PC ??
    thanks.
    02-03-10 12:38 PM
    Yea, use bbsak V1.7 and get ha hold of a .cod file for opera and press install cod(s)
    i don't have one myself but i think that it shouldn't be too hard to find, ask around. search for Seanren78 V.3 hybrid, because i know that there should be a operamini5.cod file included in it
    02-03-10 01:18 PM
    ok, does bb sak instal on the phone or on PC, because if it goes on the phone chances are is that it`ll be just a cod (wich wont install) = vicous circle
    02-03-10 01:43 PM
    BBsak, is a pc program, where you can backup 3rd party programs, like opera mini 5, and you can install the back on any phone (same model pref. not like on an iphone)
    02-03-10 02:11 PM
    errr ok, there`s a opera mini5 beta 2 out now, just incase pl here didnt know

just had a quick look at it, scrolling is BAD, no numbers/letters etc show up when entering url etc...is this because the most recent version on the opera site is for BB Bold 9000, no storm coverage that I see...
    02-03-10 02:54 PM
    yea, if you wanna be more precise then you can call it Opera Mini 5 Beta 2, and it's working perfectly on my storm 2, and it's even faster than the BBbrowser, maybe you've got the wrong version
    02-03-10 03:13 PM
    Hi, I`m fairly new to blackberry devices, got my 9520 now (on v5.0.436)
    i was browsing app-worls etc , thats all ok, unless theres an app that inst in app-world.
    i just got the crackberry-store installed on the phone, looks ok but i need to get opera mini beta 5 on it, I`ve tried the "Install from memory card thing" it always errors with the .cod file

I also tried the opra5 beta OTA, i just get error saying`your device is not suppoorted

`
    and the only ones that are installable from pc are the apps with the .cod+.alx files, which most dont have.
    Is there an easy way to install apps that arent from either store and that cannot be done OTA or via PC ??
    thanks.
    From reading all these post, it sounds like you're having a lot of trouble downloading OTA apps. Since it's rarely a problem to do that, I'd recommend you check you browser settings before you try anything else. First, check out your browser id (launch the browser, hit bb menu key, options>browser config) make sure your browser identification is set to BlackBerry, NOT FireFox or IE. See if that helps your download problem.
    02-03-10 04:56 PM
    From reading all these post, it sounds like you're having a lot of trouble downloading OTA apps. Since it's rarely a problem to do that, I'd recommend you check you browser settings before you try anything else. First, check out your browser id (launch the browser, hit bb menu key, options>browser config) make sure your browser identification is set to BlackBerry, NOT FireFox or IE. See if that helps your download problem.
    yeah, i know that cheers
    , sometimes OTA dwnloads are ok sometimes not,

anyone else having the bad scolling and the `no characters showing up` while entering txt issue ? (using the opera mini5 beta2)
    02-03-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD