I've recently upgraded Poynt, Movies (Flixster), DriveSafe.ly and a few others through App World (this is on all my BBs, Storm 9530, Bold 9700 and Curve 8900). Most of the time I have to reboot the phone, which I do. Then, after going back to App World>My World, the same apps still say "Upgrade Available", showing the same version as the one currently installed (and it is the latest one). Sometimes, it also is stuck on "Ready for Installation"), even after it's been downloaded and installed.

Most of the time I just let it run the upgrade/install again, then reboot, and next time I go back to My World, it hasn't cleared the app status from above.

I've tried deleting/reinstalling, to no avail.

All phones are running 5.0.x. Has anyone else seen this, and if so, is there a solution? I don't think it's device-specific because it's happening on all 3.

Thanks.
    02-25-10 01:05 PM
    when you see ''ready for installation'', press menu button then install, it will complete the installation.
    02-25-10 01:28 PM
    Please re-read my post. I said I installed, but then it stays "ready for install" forever after installing, and the version it wants to install is the same one that's already installed on the phone!
    Last edited by andy957; 02-25-10 at 01:42 PM.
    02-25-10 01:36 PM
    This has happened to me before on my Tour and my wife's 8530. I have gone so far as to delete the entire app, then it allows me to install the "upgrade" and it will go away. Sorry, if that doesn't work. This has been my experience with that situation.
    02-25-10 02:05 PM
    I have also run into this on my ATT 9700 with .405. My workaround is same as above - uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot. This usually does the trick. VERY annoying to me, almost enough to ditch app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 06:29 PM
    I run into this as well. I am hoping it is a bug and there is a new version of app world soon to correct this.
    03-03-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD