So what is the difference between regular apps and 3rd party apps. Like is the BB app world a 3rd party app center or would I have o go elsewhere???

I have a BB 8520

Thanks!!!
    07-30-10 10:32 AM
    Any app the is made from blackberry or RIM is not considered a 3rd party app. etc. facebook for blackberry, twitter for blackberry, blackberry messenger and so on. Anything from any other vendor is considered a 3rd party app.
    07-30-10 10:40 AM
    Oh, ok thanks for the clarification. Where do I find 3rd party apps?
    07-30-10 10:46 AM
    RIM classifies their apps as Add-on. If you got to the applications list on your BB, you'll see there is a list for 3rd party, add on and core.
    07-30-10 10:47 AM
    If you are looking to buy, I would suggest using the crackberry app store.
    07-30-10 10:51 AM
    Thank you so much!!! Im new to BB so this forum really helps a lot!!!
    07-30-10 11:19 AM
    You can download the BlackBerry App World to discover new Apps. Also http://software.crackberry.com has a lot of good Apps!
    07-30-10 11:47 AM
    I don't like buying apps from App World. I use either the Crackberry store or Mobihand.
    07-30-10 11:59 PM
    I don't like buying apps from App World. I use either the Crackberry store or Mobihand.
    There's no difference. Pretty much just seeing the CB logo or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 02:10 AM
    RIM classifies their apps as Add-on. If you got to the applications list on your BB, you'll see there is a list for 3rd party, add on and core.
    Yes you'll see those lists, but it's not exactly accurate to say "RIM classifies their apps as Add-on."

The Add-on section are (mostly) native RIM apps that you have the option to install or not during OS installation and that you are permitted to delete.
    A few non-native apps get included in Add-on such as Sudoku by Magmic, Docs To Go by DataViz, etc.

@OP: the 2 best places to find 3rd Party Apps are BlackBerry App World and the CB Superstore.
    (The CB Superstore is "powered" by Mobihand.)

Both have their apps to go on your device. I have both personally. Both have flaws and advantages. They are organized in different ways.
    Try them both out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 02:54 AM
    Appworld is easier to navigate in my opinion but is over-priced and slow to update the software when a newer version is released. Crackberry usually updated their software much faster and has items on sale more often. I usually use Crackberry but made the mistake at first of using Appworld(aka Crapworld) when I got my first BB.
    07-31-10 05:08 AM
    The MobiHand store also powers BerryReview and BerryScoop among others.
    07-31-10 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD