I've done a third party app backup via the Device Switch Wizard a bunch of times BUT.... only the first time is a backup of all third party apps. Subsequent attempts only grab new apps added to the device since last backup.

How do I FORCE desktop manager to backup ALL third party apps each time I follow the process? Is there a file somewhere that I can alter/remove that will cause the DM to backup ALL the third party apps instead of just incrementally?

Reason: I want just one full backup of all apps and will remove all past incremental backups.

Thanks.
    02-04-09 11:14 PM
    A question that has perplexed me as well. I've taken to naming folders with a description of specific apps in that backup for later installation.
    02-05-09 06:41 AM
    This is the only way I know of to back up 3rd party apps. Just follow the instructions.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    02-05-09 06:49 AM
    A question that has perplexed me as well. I've taken to naming folders with a description of specific apps in that backup for later installation.
    This is exactly what I do, I wish I had a better answer for you. However I have found the same issue no matter which OS I am running .

02-05-09 09:42 AM
    This is the only way I know of to back up 3rd party apps. Just follow the instructions.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    I think we've got that part. The issue for the OP is that if you have already backed up an app, you can't back it up again later.
    02-05-09 11:00 AM
    I keep getting that same link thrown at me too. You can follow that process all you want. It will only be an incremental backup after the first time.

SO............here's just one solution: deinstall DM and make sure to remove all configurations, then reinstall and resetup everything.

There must be millions of people who have followed the process at these links. Why are we the only handful that understand the issue and are looking for a solution?

I grumble, but I really want an answer if some expert has the time.
    02-06-09 10:56 PM
    Ok....I dug some more and found some info that will help:

If you have Windows, then use Regedit to find and remove entries that match to your pin AND that show a link to an .aix file. Do not delete the registry entries that use your pin to store Outlook syncing information. NOTE: if you want to have a full backup each time, then you will need to do this after each time you restore apps using the App Loader.

Reason: Each time DM is used to restore an app it saves what it did in the Registry. When you run a backup the DM will only backup apps not already listed in the registry. Seems stupid I know, but the fix is sorta simple.

Good Luck.
    02-07-09 04:10 PM
    Using the registry is really cr@ppy. The main problem is that the device swith wizard wasn,t designed for what we are using it for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD