I ran into a major software issue on the 9930 that I think is attributable to third party software but am not totally sure. I received my Verizon 9930 via mail order as soon as it became available. I received a unit with absolutely no hardware issues and the software was great. No issues at all except for one or two known bugs that affect everyone like the back key in browser bug. I was running a lot of apps with no problems at all since then.

A few days ago I added 4 apps - KakaoTalk (the open beta test for blackberries KakaoTalk BlackBerry Open Beta Test ) which is a cross platform chat program used mostly by Koreans, BeBuzz, BBM Beta 6.0.1.15, and WSJ Reader. A day after adding those last apps, the phone started lagging which it had never done before. There were also moments where the trackpad was jumpy or the screen was unresponsive. I strongly suspected KakaoTalk Beta was responsible for the behavior since I do know some BlackBerry owners of other devices had issues with it. So I deleted KakaoTalk.

After the deletion, I was hit with 2 additional issues. BeWeather would update the icon but would crash if I clicked on it. I deleted it and tried to reinstall but would get a 30220 error message. Lastly, the hangup phone button no longer worked on a call, so I could not hang up. It worked perfectly as a power button but was totally unresponsive on calls. In addition the caller id screen was remain up even after the call ended and I would have to battery pull to clear it.

One of the apps had corrupted the OS somehow. I reloaded the stock VZW OS in Desktop Manager but then decided to try the .353 leak. Reloading the OS worked fine for both the stock OS and the leaked OS and everything is working perfectly now.

I don't know what happened or which app is responsible. The problem with running half a dozen beta apps is you never know which one or combination of them is causing the issue. I reloaded BeBuzz and BBM Beta but for now I have left out KakaoTalk Beta and WSJ Reader.
    Last edited by kyopo; 09-04-11 at 10:03 AM.
    09-04-11 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD