So I downloaded this 3jam program which allows your texts to be viewed as a thread and I like it so far but now my problem is that I have the SMS icon that was already installed on the blackberry and I am now getting my texts in 2 places instead of one. Anyone know how to stop the SMS icon that came in the messages section of the blackberry from letting me know I have messages too.
    05-27-09 07:43 PM
    So I downloaded this 3jam program which allows your texts to be viewed as a thread and I like it so far but now my problem is that I have the SMS icon that was already installed on the blackberry and I am now getting my texts in 2 places instead of one. Anyone know how to stop the SMS icon that came in the messages section of the blackberry from letting me know I have messages too.
    You can't get rid of it. RIM doesn't currently allow third-party apps to access the messages like that.
    Basically you're SOL until RIM allows it or comes up with an app of their own.
    05-27-09 08:42 PM
    I guess the question is can you filter the sms messages from reaching the sms inbox in the first place (without filtering them server side, since your phone wouldn't get them at all then), since you can't modify the sms inbox...
    05-27-09 08:45 PM
    I guess the question is can you filter the sms messages from reaching the sms inbox in the first place (without filtering them server side, since your phone wouldn't get them at all then), since you can't modify the sms inbox...
    That would be some serious hacking.
    05-27-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD