Hey there,

My name's Pam & I'm New to CB & BB's, so I have a few questions regarding some 3rd party aps:

I tried to sign up for Google Voice and Ribbit, but you seem to need invites for those free services, so if anyone here has any connections???

Until the time I get those accounts though, I do need a alternate # so I opted for 3Jam, which seems to be working alright between regular calls and texts, but I can't seem to down load the mobile ap for BB?

I've tried loading straight to my BB, but it won't open the zipped file & when I loaded and unzipped the file on LT there's no install instructions or anything

If anyone here has any help to offer with 3J or extra invites to GV that would be great!

Thnx so Much
    *kisses*
    Pam
    02-09-10 01:30 PM
    GV invites are kinda hard to get this days.
    When you unzipped the file, was there an .alx and .cod file in it ? If yes, you need to install 3Jam via desktop manager or you could just point ur browser to 3jam and do an ota (Over the air) install.
    02-09-10 01:36 PM
    Yeah actually there's 2 .cod files and a .alx in the folder plus a .jad file too.

I tried installing directly to my BB, by down loading the file directly, but it's not working?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not all that 'techy' when it comes to installing new anything- lol

Could you help with this?

Maybe some step by step directions on the desk top install?

I'm not quite sure how that works either

Thnx
    ~Pam
    02-09-10 04:05 PM
    Sure,
    However, my desktop manager is in french so i might get the menu's name wrong.

1- Plug your blackberry to your computer and open Desktop Manager (If not already installed, install it, the setup files should be in a cd given with your blackberry).

2- Click on Application loader

3- Then you should have 2 options. Select add/remove applications.

4- Click browse and select the .alx file then click open. You need to make sure you unzipped both of the .alx and .cod file in the same folder, if you don't the installation will fail.

5- Click next then finish.

You need to know that desktop's installation are not very popular (except if you don't have a data plan). Most apps are installed via OTA (Over the air). This is much more simple. In order to make OTA installs, just point your blackberry browser to the adress provided by the application's developer or download the apps via App World.

Hope this help.
    Please feel free to ask if you have any questions
    Last edited by pierrot; 02-09-10 at 05:00 PM.
    02-09-10 04:57 PM
    i have an extra google voice invite if your still looking for it. pm me your email
    02-09-10 05:35 PM
    i have an extra google voice invite if your still looking for it. pm me your email
    I just trued PM u, but I can't I don't have enough forum posts to send out PM's yet

If you message me, I can respond- That would awesome if you could do that

Thnx
    ~Pam
    02-09-10 06:44 PM
    Sure,
    However, my desktop manager is in french so i might get the menu's name wrong.

1- Plug your blackberry to your computer and open Desktop Manager (If not already installed, install it, the setup files should be in a cd given with your blackberry).

2- Click on Application loader

3- Then you should have 2 options. Select add/remove applications.

4- Click browse and select the .alx file then click open. You need to make sure you unzipped both of the .alx and .cod file in the same folder, if you don't the installation will fail.

5- Click next then finish.

You need to know that desktop's installation are not very popular (except if you don't have a data plan). Most apps are installed via OTA (Over the air). This is much more simple. In order to make OTA installs, just point your blackberry browser to the adress provided by the application's developer or download the apps via App World.

Hope this help.
    Please feel free to ask if you have any questions
    WOW! Thank you so much!!! That's awesome

I did get that disk with my BB the other day, but I don't have a CD Drive on my LT, it's one of these little pink note books- cute but useless

I'm not sure if there's a direct download link to install the same programs on the CD, to my Notebook or not?

Does anyone know if there's a link somewhere?
    02-09-10 06:49 PM
    OK It seems I need 2 more posts to be able to send out PM's so since I'm filling my need to email, I'll tell a couple jokes:

Who is the most popular guy at the nudist colony?
    The guy who can carry a cup of coffee in each hand and a dozen donuts.
    02-09-10 07:08 PM
    Who is the most popular girl at the nudist colony?
    She is the one who can eat the last donut!

lol
    02-09-10 07:09 PM
    If you still need a Google Voice Invite, email me at
    michaelswain @ email . grcc . edu
    02-09-10 11:32 PM
    You can download Desktop manager on the Blackberry Website :
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com.

Good for you, you had luck finding a GV invit
    02-10-10 03:15 AM
    Hey sorry I've been off doing some stuff most of the day, but I just wanted to say a great BIG THNX to everyone for their help on these issues!!!

I've gotten a Google Voice invite and set up and account, and downloaded my BB desktop manager with the provided link. You guys have been so great & helpful- I just had to say thnx so much- k!

ttys
    *kisses*
    Pam
    02-10-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD