This is a must have app. It helps you save battery and protect your health.

- First you define list of application. When at least one of these apps open, 3G mode auto on. And when non of these apps running, your phone auto turn to 2G mode.
    There are two app lists:
    + Foreground only: for apps on this list, 3G only on when one of these apps run on foreground. This list design for apps always running in background like Default Browser....
    + Foreground and Background: for apps on this list, 3G will on when these apps both running on background and foreground. Only turn back to 2G when you exit all of these apps.
    - If you phone connect successful with a WIFI network, it will force 2G mode.
    - When you using your phone as modem mode. it will force 3G mode.

Trial version: you have 30 times auto on/off 3G.
    I hope this app make your life more easier.
    Any feedback please send to [email protected]

Download: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/19968911/
    Last edited by mekong89; 12-14-12 at 02:45 AM.
    11-26-12 08:56 PM
    Very good app (2 $ price)
    11-27-12 06:27 AM
    This is a brilliant idea and I did download the trial to see what it's like.

I'd purchase this if a few modifications were made:

- needs a 'delay' of some sort. i.e. if the phone's in 3g because facebook's open, when facebook's closed, it shouldn't immediately flip into 2g mode. Why? Because when I'm messing around with my apps, flipping the browser to the front and back etc I shouldn't be waiting around for the phone to constantly change modes. A timeout would be better. Close facebook, mess around on the homescreen, bring the browser to the foreground, and the phone's still in 3g.

- needs a way of knowing whether a phonecall's in progress, or there's an incomming, or an outgoing in progress - so it doesn't flip modes and cut the call.

- needs a feature to monitor the wifi status, so that if i'm connected to a certain hotspot, then the app won't try to flip to 3g, because there's no point.

What are your thoughts? I feel this app could be, if developed, as big as the excellent AOS or ShortcutMe. All down to you man...
    11-30-12 05:05 AM
    This is a brilliant idea and I did download the trial to see what it's like.
    I'd purchase this if a few modifications were made:

- needs a 'delay' of some sort. i.e. if the phone's in 3g because facebook's open, when facebook's closed, it shouldn't immediately flip into 2g mode. Why? Because when I'm messing around with my apps, flipping the browser to the front and back etc I shouldn't be waiting around for the phone to constantly change modes. A timeout would be better. Close facebook, mess around on the homescreen, bring the browser to the foreground, and the phone's still in 3g.
    You should add Facebook to list Foreground and Background. So that, when you switch from facebook to other app, it's still 3G. it's on switch to 2G when you close Facebook.
    List Foreground Only list be designed for app always run in background link Default Browser.

- needs a way of knowing whether a phonecall's in progress, or there's an incomming, or an outgoing in progress - so it doesn't flip modes and cut the call.
    Yes, I will update this feature.

- needs a feature to monitor the wifi status, so that if i'm connected to a certain hotspot, then the app won't try to flip to 3g, because there's no point.
    For now, if you connect to a wifi hotspot and connect to network successful, it's will force 2G, always 2G.

What are your thoughts? I feel this app could be, if developed, as big as the excellent AOS or ShortcutMe. All down to you man...
    I appropriate your suggestion and do all my best to make it more and more convenience. Thanks so much!
    11-30-12 07:48 AM
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

If I quit facebook, the app will immediately try to swap to 2G, despite the fact I may immediately launch say, twitter. Then the app wil try to swap again to 3G because the twitter app has loaded.

A delay, I feel, would be a most welcome addition.

As for the WIFI, perhaps settings for specific SSID's would be of benefit, I'm not sure. For example, when I'm at work I'm near a wifi hotspot called "The Cloud". It shows as being connected, but I can't actually receive any data via wifi until I log on via the cloud homepage. In this case, when I'm near it but I haven't logged on, would the app put the phone into 2g or 3g? If it only flips into 2g on a sucessfull wifi connection (i.e. after I've logged on), then that's fine already.

Thanks for the reply!
    11-30-12 08:19 AM
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

If I quit facebook, the app will immediately try to swap to 2G, despite the fact I may immediately launch say, twitter. Then the app wil try to swap again to 3G because the twitter app has loaded.

A delay, I feel, would be a most welcome addition.

As for the WIFI, perhaps settings for specific SSID's would be of benefit, I'm not sure. For example, when I'm at work I'm near a wifi hotspot called "The Cloud". It shows as being connected, but I can't actually receive any data via wifi until I log on via the cloud homepage. In this case, when I'm near it but I haven't logged on, would the app put the phone into 2g or 3g? If it only flips into 2g on a sucessfull wifi connection (i.e. after I've logged on), then that's fine already.

Thanks for the reply!
    @djh_wolf:

Phone call bug fix now. Please download from App World!

For your comment I would like to explain as below:

In addition, 3G Auto allows you to decide which applications for 3G to be launched only "on top", and for which the background. Browser, for example, add to the list of applications only on top (Foreground Only), so if you switch to another application, the terminal returns to 2G. Browser is still running in the background, so add it to the list on top and Background (Foreground and Background) would result in a permanently operational 3G connectivity and it is not our goal. Our goal is to quickly surf the Internet while maintaining long battery life.

In summary, first define a list of applications:
    Only on top - list specifically for applications constantly running in the background to run every 3G only when the use of these applications
    On top and Background - a list for all the other applications that we want to put on it

Additional options:
    Connection terminals with WiFi connectivity automatically enforces 2G (Connect successfully)
    Using the terminal as a modem automatically enforces 3G.

On next version: I will add an option so that you can choose how long to delay before switch back to 3G.
    12-14-12 02:35 AM
    Hi,

I understand the nature of on-top etc.

My point was that the following will happen:

sitting idle on homescreen - 2G mode
    open facebook - flips to 3G
    close facebook - flips to 2G
    open twitter 1 second after quitting facebook - flips back to 3G.
    As harsh as this sounds, the app is of no use to me unless there's some kind of delay, sorry. Otherwise, my phone's going to be constantly flipping between modes, which is going to absolutely hammer the battery way, way more than if I just didn't install the app at all, and left the phone in 3G all the time anyway.

Hope I've been clearer this time.

Thanks for 'fixing' the phonecall bug.
    12-14-12 07:38 PM
    Good app,I've tried and will buy it.

A suggestion for development: it would be nice to be able to set a certain battery level to deactivate the toggle. (i.e. below 30% 2g only /no toggle to 3G)
    12-18-12 02:04 PM
    hmm interesting app. Will check it out.
    12-18-12 05:06 PM
    Hi, I tried the app and really liked it. Is there a chance you could add a bluetooth feature to it? Like switching the phone's bluetooth on with incoming calls. BTW: Is the app still working when the phone is in a holster or locked with password? How can I purchase the app? My trial is already over...
    02-06-13 05:32 AM
    This is a must have app. It helps you save battery and protect your health.

- First you define list of application. When at least one of these apps open, 3G mode auto on. And when non of these apps running, your phone auto turn to 2G mode.
    There are two app lists:
    + Foreground only: for apps on this list, 3G only on when one of these apps run on foreground. This list design for apps always running in background like Default Browser....
    + Foreground and Background: for apps on this list, 3G will on when these apps both running on background and foreground. Only turn back to 2G when you exit all of these apps.
    - If you phone connect successful with a WIFI network, it will force 2G mode.
    - When you using your phone as modem mode. it will force 3G mode.

Trial version: you have 30 times auto on/off 3G.
    I hope this app make your life more easier.
    Any feedback please send to [email protected]

Download: BlackBerry World - 3G Auto
    03-25-13 11:08 PM