3G Auto v2.0 trial - Manage 3G and 2G mode automatically
This is a must have app. It helps you save battery and protect your health.
- First you define list of application. When at least one of these apps open, 3G mode auto on. And when non of these apps running, your phone auto turn to 2G mode.
There are two app lists:
+ Foreground only: for apps on this list, 3G only on when one of these apps run on foreground. This list design for apps always running in background like Default Browser....
+ Foreground and Background: for apps on this list, 3G will on when these apps both running on background and foreground. Only turn back to 2G when you exit all of these apps.
- If you phone connect successful with a WIFI network, it will force 2G mode.
- When you using your phone as modem mode. it will force 3G mode.
Trial version: you have 30 times auto on/off 3G.
I hope this app make your life more easier.
Any feedback please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last edited by mekong89; 12-14-12 at 03:45 AM.
- 11-30-12, 06:05 AM #3
This is a brilliant idea and I did download the trial to see what it's like.
I'd purchase this if a few modifications were made:
- needs a 'delay' of some sort. i.e. if the phone's in 3g because facebook's open, when facebook's closed, it shouldn't immediately flip into 2g mode. Why? Because when I'm messing around with my apps, flipping the browser to the front and back etc I shouldn't be waiting around for the phone to constantly change modes. A timeout would be better. Close facebook, mess around on the homescreen, bring the browser to the foreground, and the phone's still in 3g.
- needs a way of knowing whether a phonecall's in progress, or there's an incomming, or an outgoing in progress - so it doesn't flip modes and cut the call.
- needs a feature to monitor the wifi status, so that if i'm connected to a certain hotspot, then the app won't try to flip to 3g, because there's no point.
What are your thoughts? I feel this app could be, if developed, as big as the excellent AOS or ShortcutMe. All down to you man...
- 11-30-12, 09:19 AM #5
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.
If I quit facebook, the app will immediately try to swap to 2G, despite the fact I may immediately launch say, twitter. Then the app wil try to swap again to 3G because the twitter app has loaded.
A delay, I feel, would be a most welcome addition.
As for the WIFI, perhaps settings for specific SSID's would be of benefit, I'm not sure. For example, when I'm at work I'm near a wifi hotspot called "The Cloud". It shows as being connected, but I can't actually receive any data via wifi until I log on via the cloud homepage. In this case, when I'm near it but I haven't logged on, would the app put the phone into 2g or 3g? If it only flips into 2g on a sucessfull wifi connection (i.e. after I've logged on), then that's fine already.
Thanks for the reply!
Phone call bug fix now. Please download from App World!
For your comment I would like to explain as below:
In addition, 3G Auto allows you to decide which applications for 3G to be launched only "on top", and for which the background. Browser, for example, add to the list of applications only on top (Foreground Only), so if you switch to another application, the terminal returns to 2G. Browser is still running in the background, so add it to the list on top and Background (Foreground and Background) would result in a permanently operational 3G connectivity and it is not our goal. Our goal is to quickly surf the Internet while maintaining long battery life.
In summary, first define a list of applications:
Only on top - list specifically for applications constantly running in the background to run every 3G only when the use of these applications
On top and Background - a list for all the other applications that we want to put on it
Connection terminals with WiFi connectivity automatically enforces 2G (Connect successfully)
Using the terminal as a modem automatically enforces 3G.
On next version: I will add an option so that you can choose how long to delay before switch back to 3G.
- 12-14-12, 08:38 PM #7
I understand the nature of on-top etc.
My point was that the following will happen:
sitting idle on homescreen - 2G mode
open facebook - flips to 3G
close facebook - flips to 2G
open twitter 1 second after quitting facebook - flips back to 3G.
Hope I've been clearer this time.
Thanks for 'fixing' the phonecall bug.
- CrackBerry User
02-06-13, 06:32 AM #10
- 16 Posts
Hi, I tried the app and really liked it. Is there a chance you could add a bluetooth feature to it? Like switching the phone's bluetooth on with incoming calls. BTW: Is the app still working when the phone is in a holster or locked with password? How can I purchase the app? My trial is already over...
- By onesreality in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-01-11, 08:25 PM
- By onesreality in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 3Last Post: 01-28-11, 01:15 PM
- By SimpleData in forum BlackBerry 6Replies: 4Last Post: 01-16-11, 03:06 PM
- By jasonriot in forum T-MobileReplies: 2Last Post: 06-27-10, 11:52 AM
- By computman in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-18-09, 10:56 AM