I have had 2 new Bolds and they both have the same issue with Facebook- sometimes when I press the FB icon from the main screen it won't do anything, the screen will freeze and I get a little square with the sweeping second hand in the middle of my screen.
    I got a new Bold last week and it was doing this and freezing so I sent it back but now my new one is doing this too.
    I am running whatever the most recent version of FB is since I just got this phone Monday and set it up yesterday.
    I don't think it was the original phone if the second new one is doing the same thing.

So what can I do? Thanks!
    06-08-11 01:21 PM
    Try deleting and then re-installing the facebook app. I've never heard of this happening with the fb app, so something must be up with how it's interacting on your device. Also, make sure you've set all the permissions to allow and have given Facebook 'trusted application status'
    06-08-11 01:53 PM
    I've never heard of that app doing that either. Try uninstalling > rebooting > installing > rebooting > log-in and see what happens. I've been running all the facebook 2.0 beta's and earlier ones too, and this has never happened to me on my Style. Sounds more like a network issue, not being able to grab the internet when you start the app and it stalls.
    06-08-11 02:00 PM
    What other apps are running in the background? What is your free memory available? What OS are you running? I don't have any spinning clocks in the FB app, and I've had FB since 1.8 something, and currently run the most recent Beta.

My guess is you have OS 6.0.0.524 and the freezing is a common problem, there's plenty of talk about it.
    06-08-11 02:06 PM
    Thanks, but my next question is how do I uninstall and reinstall? The phone came with the FB icon already there so all I did was click and sign in and select a bunch of check boxes.
    Sorry if this is a totally elementary question but I have never messed around with the technical settings of my phone before.
    06-08-11 03:03 PM
    Options > Application Management > Facebook > Delete
    06-08-11 03:06 PM
    Try deleting and then re-installing the facebook app. I've never heard of this happening with the fb app, so something must be up with how it's interacting on your device. Also, make sure you've set all the permissions to allow and have given Facebook 'trusted application status'
    How do I set permissions to trusted application status?
    06-08-11 03:07 PM
    Options > Application Management > Facebook > Delete
    Got it, thanks!!
    06-08-11 03:09 PM
    Got it, thanks!!
    When you reinstall it it should ask if you want to grant trusted application status. I don't recall that popping up with a FB install, and I don't ever change the permissions - the defaults work just fine.

Your issue is your OS, not the app.
    06-08-11 03:10 PM
    I uninstalled, rebooted, installed and am rebooting now. I clicked yes through everything so I assume I gave it trusted application status.
    I unselected a bunch of Facebook notification settings like calendar and contacts but I don't think that would have anything to do with this thing.

Hopefully this uninstall/reinstall will work!
    06-08-11 03:41 PM
    Just checked, and I don't see the option to edit permissions for the FB in App Mgmt.
    06-08-11 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD