I was searching through mobihand.com and found a program called beyond160. Its 6.95 but has a free trial. I kno a lot of ppl have been searching and wondering so I figured I post this and help everyone out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 07:20 AM
    Although the program seemed promising it freezes everytime I tried to use it

05-12-09 07:33 AM
    I uninstalled it and downloaded it from the crackberry appstore for the phone and now it works

05-12-09 08:01 AM
    Let us know how it works for you. I am interested to see if it just links back to back texts.
    05-12-09 08:02 AM
    No it actually breaks the texts into parts and sends em. Might end up be eing a must have program

05-12-09 08:59 AM
    It works perfect for me...also check out quicktext! Beyond160 and Quicktext go hand in hand.
    05-12-09 09:18 AM
    Out of curiosity (and, because this is what I do - but, maybe I'm just dumb) - why not just send an MMS for longer texts?
    05-12-09 09:49 AM
    Out of curiosity (and, because this is what I do - but, maybe I'm just dumb) - why not just send an MMS for longer texts?
    i.e. texting someone with an iphone...they don't have mms. also there are other people with regular phones that don't want to pay extra for mms sooo yea theres your answer.
    05-12-09 09:51 AM
    I agree with thinkamp, Quicktext and Beyond160 are a great combo and a must-have for me.

forkup
    05-12-09 09:53 AM
    i.e. texting someone with an iphone...they don't have mms. also there are other people with regular phones that don't want to pay extra for mms sooo yea theres your answer.
    Yes, that definitely makes sense! Thanks!
    05-12-09 09:56 AM
    Why couldnt this be asked in the Beyond160 thread? I HATE jumping back and forth on threads that are of the exact same topic!
    05-12-09 09:58 AM
    Lex I think the poster was trying to make sure other people found out about this app too...because I know I never went into the bb app forum until I made that post! There are still lots of places in the forums I don't go because they are of no use to me.
    05-12-09 10:01 AM
    Lex I think the poster was trying to make sure other people found out about this app too...because I know I never went into the bb app forum until I made that post! There are still lots of places in the forums I don't go because they are of no use to me.
    Girl, I did a search and the Beyond160 thread was the first one that popped up!! Search truly is a friend!!
    05-12-09 10:03 AM
    Very true, very true. I don't think the post meant any harm. Still a newbie really.
    05-12-09 10:04 AM
    Very true, very true. I don't think the post meant any harm. Still a newbie really.
    Ok Amber, I'm going to let it rest....but search is a basic function whether you have one post or 66! Ok....thats all....
    05-12-09 10:39 AM
    I posted it here because I didn't kno where else to put it. Sorry for those of you are lazy and can't go back and forth. I also have the 8330 so I posted in the 8330 forum. My bad....(Not really but whatever)

But back on the app. This is for those who rnt sure how long its gonna end up being. I always text and not think bout if I should have sent an mms or not. Then I run out and have to select cut paste and continue.

05-12-09 11:17 AM
    I posted it here because I didn't kno where else to put it. Sorry for those of you are lazy and can't go back and forth. I also have the 8330 so I posted in the 8330 forum. My bad....(Not really but whatever)

But back on the app. This is for those who rnt sure how long its gonna end up being. I always text and not think bout if I should have sent an mms or not. Then I run out and have to select cut paste and continue.

I wasnt going to say anything but decided, why not since you felt the need to determine laziness. When there are MULTIPLE threads on the EXACT SAME SUBJECT, it makes keeping up with pros/con bugs/fixes confussing as heII.

I'm sorry a concept as simple as that means lazy.
    05-12-09 11:39 AM
    Lex, Who gives a F*** if there is multiple threads. you are under no obligation to personally review each one. You should really focus your mis-guided attention on something more constructive. your post was just a waste of my time and yours.

Ace, Thanks for the post, i will check the app out!
    05-12-09 01:06 PM
    Lex, Who gives a F*** if there is multiple threads. you are under no obligation to personally review each one. You should really focus your mis-guided attention on something more constructive. your post was just a waste of my time and yours.

Ace, Thanks for the post, i will check the app out!
    If it werent an app I had interest in, I wouldn't have commented. 2nd, the title of this thread does not indicate it's about the app itself; I mean it does say "160 SMS character texting."

For all I or anyone else could have knew that saw just the title alone, the OP "might" have had a question regarding the character limit. There was nothing that indicated it was about an app.

05-12-09 01:18 PM
    If it werent an app I had interest in, I wouldn't have commented. 2nd, the title of this thread does not indicate it's about the app itself; I mean it does say "160 SMS character texting."

For all I or anyone else could have knew that saw just the title alone, the OP "might" have had a question regarding the character limit. There was nothing that indicated it was about an app.

Within 2 seconds of reading the OP's post you see its about the app. At that point back out of the thread.

as for this:

Why couldnt this be asked in the Beyond160 thread? I HATE jumping back and forth on threads that are of the exact same topic!

The OP never asked a question...ever. They simply posted something they saw as a help for people who were interested in the topic. I for one found it interesting and appreciated it.

Lighten up, follow the thread you want to follow and appreciate someone trying to be helpful.
    05-12-09 01:38 PM
    I am very confused, you are saying this program will take the text messages that are say 320 characters long and send two 160 character messages?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that completely useless as my BB already does that on its own?
    05-12-09 02:12 PM
    I am very confused, you are saying this program will take the text messages that are say 320 characters long and send two 160 character messages?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that completely useless as my BB already does that on its own?
    Its not the BB, but a limitation set by the carrier. Some work as yours does and other will only send 160 characters per text.
    05-12-09 02:32 PM
    I bought this app when it was posted on the blog. Most of the time I can keep my txts under 160, but every so often I am talking to someone who doesn't have a BB [so no email or BBm], but cannot call and had having to break up the SMSs myself is the lame.

It didn't work then, but I didn't uninstall it. My issue was that while in the normal SMS composing stage, I would bring up the menu and try to "Gobeyond160" and the app would lock up. [Curve 8330 OS .77] So I hid it away.

After seeing this I was reminded that it was still on my BB. Checked for and update [there was], and now it works like a charm! I am happy that I didn't give up on it.

It's a solid app that fixes a issue for most of us, limited SMS character space. Thanks for reminding everyone that it's available!
    Last edited by rynbeed; 05-12-09 at 04:21 PM.
    05-12-09 04:18 PM
    if you use ur mms it lets you send messages past 160......and it's the best price of all "FREE"
    05-12-09 05:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD