hehe.. if you follow us on twitter you would have gotten the freebie tweet.
    That would require me to create a twitter account. No thanks lol
    03-15-11 09:43 AM
    there is no vibrate option in profilerx. you only get vibrate if your bb is in the holster or locked.

profilerX CANNOT turn on/off bluetooth if your bb is in the holster or keyboard locked. Maybe that is the problem.
    That must be it, both times the phone was on the holster and locked. I didn't know this. Dang it
    03-15-11 11:56 AM
    there is no vibrate option in profilerx. you only get vibrate if your bb is in the holster or locked.

profilerX CANNOT turn on/off bluetooth if your bb is in the holster or keyboard locked. Maybe that is the problem.
    It might sound a bit silly, but I don't know, why is this? Is it something BB blocks or something, not allowing access to that feature for apps?
    03-15-11 11:57 AM
    It might sound a bit silly, but I don't know, why is this? Is it something BB blocks or something, not allowing access to that feature for apps?
    this is the rim security restriction. apps can't show UI when in the holster or locked.

with bbOS4.3 this used to work and then rim change it.
    03-15-11 01:28 PM
    this is the rim security restriction. apps can't show UI when in the holster or locked.

with bbOS4.3 this used to work and then rim change it.
    Thanks for the response, I learned something new
    I do appreciate it the copy really, I left you a review on mob ihand for the app. It deserves a praise so I gave it some. Hopefully other will buy.
    Smiley88 likes this.
    03-15-11 02:51 PM
    ok. now i got it. I thought you want to change profiles when the network changes. I will have to do some thinking and see how much work would be involved. I assumed NOT alot of users have the same problem as you and this feature may not be suitable for profilerx.
    Hi Smiley,
    Great profiler.
    Just to mention I also have used similar functionality, auto switching between 3G and 2G on WinMo phones and iPhone (jailbroken).
    In my case the profile management was keeping the phone on 2G when at home, office or local cafeterias - locations where I was having WIFI, as all the traffic was going via WIFI no need to be on 3G and drain battery. When out of these predefined locations, assuming no WIFI and auto switching off WIFI, but switching back to 3G.
    With WinMo and iPhone it has a great impact on battery life.
    PiotrJot likes this.
    03-31-11 09:50 PM
    Hi Smiley,
    Great profiler.
    Just to mention I also have used similar functionality, auto switching between 3G and 2G on WinMo phones and iPhone (jailbroken).
    In my case the profile management was keeping the phone on 2G when at home, office or local cafeterias - locations where I was having WIFI, as all the traffic was going via WIFI no need to be on 3G and drain battery. When out of these predefined locations, assuming no WIFI and auto switching off WIFI, but switching back to 3G.
    With WinMo and iPhone it has a great impact on battery life.
    Thank you!
    Just yesterday I was thinking again how usefull for me the feature would be
    04-01-11 02:56 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD