well what i noticed is when i upgraded i checked my available app mem before i shrunk and it was at 21.1 mbs which is 10 mbs below where it was at with.141 (without a shrink) so i then shrunk it and i am now up to 41.6 mbs and holding strong. quickpull is pointless on my storm now i cant be happier with it.so if anyone is having problems with app memory and you havent shrunk. i suggest you do. it'll work wonders. just alil advice from a newbie still alil wet behind the ears about the whole thing..
    06-08-09 03:31 PM
    jbb, how hard was the shrink/wipe/reload process?
    06-08-09 03:51 PM
    shrink? what is a shrink?

**searching now **
    06-08-09 03:55 PM
    shrink? what is a shrink?

**searching now **
    Basically it's a way of removing all the crap RIM puts onto your phone that you don't want but can't erase off the phone itself. Your stock themes, sample videos, Voice Activated Dialing, etc. Most use a program called crackmem (found on this site in a forum - google it) to "shrink", or remove, these things before loading an OS onto their phone.
    06-08-09 04:01 PM
    gotcha. Thanks for the explaination. my search results were a little diluted.
    06-08-09 04:03 PM
    In my experience, it's usually easier to google what you're looking for and then use the link(s) that take you back to this site. I find it hard to use the forum search on here.

If you're planning on shrinking the OS you're already using, you'll need to "wipe" your phone first (google jlcmdr).

I have no experience is actually doing this but I spend WAAAAY too much time in these forums reading up on it.

For tips and other useful info check this out.
    06-08-09 04:13 PM
    crack utilities is super easy to do a wipe with... never used jlcmdr. supposedly crack wipes better, but (lol) who knows.
    06-08-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD