I know there's a special thread to discuss the findings, I tried to sift through it, but I found something just now that truly amazed me.

App memory for every OS so far (for me) has just ticked away... never recovers. With this OS I have been closely monitoring it because I thought this was happening.. What is it?

IT IS RECOVERING... I mean, the app memory will get used, then when it's done being used, it goes back. I don't think this has happened yet to me at all, but I like it! I may never need to reset it if this is the case.

It has recovered over 6mb once and 2-3 MB more than once.
    04-30-09 08:58 PM
    Recovery has been pretty strong in the last few builds. (and better with each)
    04-30-09 09:01 PM
    yep, it is doing exactly what is should be doing. Sorry it never did for you before. Do you have the exact same apps installed?
    04-30-09 09:01 PM
    Well, then, I'm just a moron!

Yeah, same apps have been installed for quite a while.

Ignore my finding, it's like I'm Christoper Columbus... I claim a finding of something that millions of people had found before.
    04-30-09 09:03 PM
    Seems to recover well for me with .132. Hardly ever gets below 20mb and I start with 35-38.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 09:15 PM
    Hmm guess my storm is the only one with a memory hogging .141 O.S, cause my memory is going lower than a go go dancer..
    04-30-09 09:35 PM
    Hmm guess my storm is the only one with a memory hogging .141 O.S, cause my memory is going lower than a go go dancer..
    Keep in mind, a new OS build MAY introduce new memory leaks in 3rd party apps. Though it is a pain in the arse, it's beneficial to nuke the berry and start with a clean install of the OS (no 3rd party apps). Start adding apps one by one, allowing some time between each install; until you start noticing a leak problem. At that point, delete that app and check for an update for it, if no updates are available, don't use it on the build you're running. Continue this process until all memory-friendly apps are reinstalled, and apps with leakage problems are updated and tested again, or not used at all.

My PBA Bowling app never had a leakage problem on earlier builds, but on .141 it made my free app memory plunge from 36.7MB to 9.4MB in 15 minutes with the Berry idle (starting from a fresh physical battery pull) - App deleted, memory goes down perhaps 0.5MB in the same 15 minutes, and remains above 30 for the most part.
    04-30-09 10:38 PM
    Keep in mind, a new OS build MAY introduce new memory leaks in 3rd party apps. Though it is a pain in the arse, it's beneficial to nuke the berry and start with a clean install of the OS (no 3rd party apps). Start adding apps one by one, allowing some time between each install; until you start noticing a leak problem. At that point, delete that app and check for an update for it, if no updates are available, don't use it on the build you're running. Continue this process until all memory-friendly apps are reinstalled, and apps with leakage problems are updated and tested again, or not used at all.

My PBA Bowling app never had a leakage problem on earlier builds, but on .141 it made my free app memory plunge from 36.7MB to 9.4MB in 15 minutes with the Berry idle (starting from a fresh physical battery pull) - App deleted, memory goes down perhaps 0.5MB in the same 15 minutes, and remains above 30 for the most part.
    Yeah, unfortunately, this is the exact process I have taken with both 132 and 141. In each build, I leak up to 20 mb (max, normal is around 10-15) without any 3rd party apps/themes installed.

04-30-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD