Also, Poynt. I think that is a very good app that helps anyone looking for a business, person, movie, restaurant or any event.

Just thought I'd share that seeing as it's free and almost all of this list, I have on my torch because I consider them must have apps for any device that can run them.
    02-07-11 05:37 AM
    [QUOTE=Matrix Leader;6025193]First 4 are paid, but definately must haves and worth it to complement your 9780 and enhance its usability. The rest of the applications are ALL FREE

Great thread ML, very useful apps, thank you! Re: the theme, has the notification area that's on the stock theme been removed? Also really like the fact, on top of the different screen slides being gone, is the added space/row for icons (from 3 to 4) when the tray is fully up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 02:40 PM
    I use many of the apps you mentioned. But here are a few that I like that I haven't seen mentioned:

Although it may require an extra keystroke, I like KBLauncher as all I have to do is type the first letter of the app I'm looking for. I also have QuickLaunch, but use it primarily for launching things other than apps. That way my launch list remains short with QL.

I also like Bayalink Liberty for tethering. It offers the advantage (over Tether) of seeing you PIM info on the computer and modifying it there.

I also like the free app, CardStar, which allows you to put all your shopping cards, hotel memberships, rewards cards, etc. on your blackberry, so you don't have to carry it around with you anymore.

I think someone may have already mentioned Assistant Premium. Through this app, I keep track of bank balances, bill due dates, carrier minutes, online orders, etc.

I also love the utility apps, Fixmo Tools and Versatool. Six Tools, which is specifically designed for OS 6, has some useful tools as well, although it also has some useless ones.

Finally, I would also recommend Vlingo, which enables me to call, text, etc. with my voice. This comes in handy while driving, when I don't need my attention looking at my phone.
    Last edited by BB Musketeers; 02-07-11 at 09:57 PM.
    02-07-11 08:07 PM
    [QUOTE=kwues;6031581]
    First 4 are paid, but definately must haves and worth it to complement your 9780 and enhance its usability. The rest of the applications are ALL FREE

Great thread ML, very useful apps, thank you! Re: the theme, has the notification area that's on the stock theme been removed? Also really like the fact, on top of the different screen slides being gone, is the added space/row for icons (from 3 to 4) when the tray is fully up.

Yes the notification area has been removed And there is no more slide, when you press the menu, the page just transitions in to the full menu like in OS 5
    02-07-11 09:49 PM
    I am having trouble finding some of these apps in App World. Is it possible that not all apps are available through App World? Some only available through the crackberry.com app store?

I have had this problem more than once. It seems the search terms are very particular....I am sure it is just the user...ME!
    02-07-11 09:58 PM
    I am having trouble finding some of these apps in App World. Is it possible that not all apps are available through App World? Some only available through the crackberry.com app store?

I have had this problem more than once. It seems the search terms are very particular....I am sure it is just the user...ME!

I don't ever user Appworld so I cant really answer that question bro.

However, I have posted a link to every program.

The crackberry appstore is way better IMO

When you purchase an app(s), they are all stored in your CB account

Lets say one day you upgrade your OS, wipe your device, you can always login to your appstore and download all the programs easily and have the activation codes mentioned next to each download link.

Furthermore, by logging to the CB Store, you aill always see what version you have purchased, and if there are any upgrades than the one you had bought initially. Very very convenient.
    1425956 likes this.
    02-07-11 10:03 PM
    Hey! QuickLaunch is only $4.99. Not $9.99. Can you update your first post?
    02-07-11 10:10 PM
    I don't ever user Appworld so I cant really answer that question bro.

However, I have posted a link to every program.

The crackberry appstore is way better IMO

When you purchase an app(s), they are all stored in your CB account

Lets say one day you upgrade your OS, wipe your device, you can always login to your appstore and download all the programs easily and have the activation codes mentioned next to each download link.

Furthermore, by logging to the CB Store, you aill always see what version you have purchased, and if there are any upgrades than the one you had bought initially. Very very convenient.
    Awesome..Thanks for the info...It makes perfect sense to keep all purchase info in one place. Honestly, I was not aware of the difference. I just assumed all apps/themes had to run through App World (Or at least approved) to be downloaded. That explains why I can't find some apps/themes in App World that I have had in the past. Because I had purchased them through CB! Thanks again.....
    02-07-11 10:20 PM
    Great thread.
    I may be alone but like IntelliLaunch better than other launchers.

02-08-11 03:09 AM
    Hey! QuickLaunch is only $4.99. Not $9.99. Can you update your first post?
    I fixed it Plus the price on BerryWeather was also incorrect, but I fixed that too.
    02-08-11 10:04 AM
    [QUOTE=Matrix Leader;6032648]

Yes the notification area has been removed And there is no more slide, when you press the menu, the page just transitions in to the full menu like in OS 5
    @ML, appreciate the confirmation! Time for a new theme! thanks again!

02-08-11 10:45 AM
    I fixed it Plus the price on BerryWeather was also incorrect, but I fixed that too.
    Thanks pkcable.
    02-08-11 11:28 AM
    Once and a while we get it right. Moderating ain't just about swing the old "mod stick"
    02-08-11 02:48 PM
    Once and a while we get it right. Moderating ain't just about swing the old "mod stick"

True, I know you do read alot as well to correct such small mistakes

Thanks alot
    pkcable likes this.
    03-22-11 08:48 AM
    The link for dictionary is broken.
    03-29-11 11:29 PM
    The link for dictionary is broken.

Here you go, updated link of Dictionary.com

DOWNLOAD
    dilipc likes this.
    03-30-11 04:26 AM
    Many thanks, Allaf!
    03-30-11 06:47 AM
    Very interesting and helpful... thanks a lot!!! Alrelady had QL, Dictionary, Google Maps and BerryUnitConverter. I also use (perhaps some of them aren't free, but I can't recall which):
    - Google Mobile App
    - MetrO (subway/mass transportation guide with many cities supported)
    - Add To Contact (when one of your contacts calls you from a phone # that is not included in the contact info)
    - BerryPopup (preview of mails and SMS)
    - BlackBerry Protect
    - FileScout
    03-30-11 12:39 PM
    I use filescout too and I love it! I love its DropBox plugin!
    03-30-11 12:54 PM
    Poynt is also a must have....
    04-03-11 08:19 PM
    Poynt is also a must have....
    Yeah but it doesn't work in all countries so I didn't list it

I wish it worked in Dubai
    04-05-11 03:29 PM
    I think SmartWiFi should be in there too.
    04-06-11 02:42 AM
    It is a very nice app really, I have it and love it, but I wouldn't say it is a must have app. It is rather an optional app which is useful
    04-06-11 07:34 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD