Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I have made an update. This update only has one major change with the way xml courses/users data is downloaded. The rest are just a few bug fixes.

Bugs fixed:
    • Updated courses xml and users xml to make them dynamic
    • Fix bug within Skins screen
    • Typo in Tell A Friend
    • Typo in Help

Added:
    • Analytics

The new version can be downloaded OTA from here:
    http://www.bbgpsgolf.com/app/1.0.21/BBGPSGolf.jad

The Desktop install can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.bbgpsgolf.com/app/1.0.21/BBGPSGolf.zip
    10-31-11 02:05 PM
    Hi Justin,

Thanks for the update although for some reason whichever way I try to update the software (OTA or via Desktop) I get a COD error (Error code is "? 907 Invalid COD)

Any suggestions?

BB is a Bold 9000 on Vodafone UK

I have been using all previous versions without issue

Wonderful Application
    Last edited by matrsv1000; 11-02-11 at 04:27 AM.
    11-02-11 04:23 AM
    I to recieve an error when trying to run the app on my Storm 9550. I don't have my phone handy to verify but the error I got was when trying to launch the app and it said something like 'net.rim.scroll.lib not found' it was longer than that, and I can post the full error verbatim, but don't have my phone handy. I have run previous versions without issue. Any ideas? Would be more than willing to help troubleshoot if necessary.

Thanks for the great app!!!!!
    11-02-11 04:28 PM
    Hello,

This was compiled with a 6.0, so it will not work with anything less then a 6.0 device. I will see if I can compile with a 5.0 ide.

Thanks,
    Justin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 05:07 AM
    Justin,

Do you know if this will work with the new operating system OS7?
    11-03-11 05:53 AM
    Justin,

Do you know if this will work with the new operating system OS7?
    It works fine on my 7.0 9900
    11-03-11 07:31 AM
    While I get the 5.0 build working I would like to add that it�s Movember, the month formerly known as November, which is dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men�s health. I have joined the movement and will be donating my upper lip to the cause for 30 days. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for prostate cancer.

This is my first year of growing my Mo. My Dad this year was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. He is doing well now thank god! Because of this I want to do my best to try and raise money for Men's Health. I have worked hard the last 3 years on my BBGPSGolf project for free, just asking for donations to help pay for web hosting fees, and I would really love the Golf community to help me out with my Mo!

Why am I so passionate about men�s health?
    *On average men live 4-5 years less than women
    *1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
    * 25,500 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year in Canada

I invite you to support me by donating to me Movember Canada - Home

You can even go old school and write a cheque payable to �Movember Canada�, reference my name and Registration Number 1686490 and send it to: Movember Canada, 119 Spadina Avenue, PO Box 65, Toronto, ON M5T 2T2

All donations are tax deductible.

I have attached a Pic I took today for proof!
    Attachment 96464
    11-03-11 07:57 AM
    Hello,

Please try to re-download the 1.0.21 update now. I have just updated the server so it will work with 4.5 device code and higher. (The old version was compiled with the 6.0 JDE so only 6.0 devices and higher would work.

Help my Mo grow!
    11-03-11 01:56 PM
    Just dowloaded the app and it does now launch and run on the Storm 2 9550, however the user interface does not work at all like it used to. It is very difficult to select anything on the screen. Almost have to use the touch screen as if it were a touchpad device. Unable to actually touch and select anything, very difficult to navigate.

Also get an error when trying to load a course 'java.lang.illegalArgument Exception: invalid character in name'

Tried a device reboot and same results, haven't tried a reinstall yet.
    11-03-11 02:34 PM
    Just dowloaded the app and it does now launch and run on the Storm 2 9550, however the user interface does not work at all like it used to. It is very difficult to select anything on the screen. Almost have to use the touch screen as if it were a touchpad device. Unable to actually touch and select anything, very difficult to navigate.

Also get an error when trying to load a course 'java.lang.illegalArgument Exception: invalid character in name'

Tried a device reboot and same results, haven't tried a reinstall yet.
    I will try to do a build off of 4.7 that way the touch interface should work better. should have it up by Monday or Tuesday.
    11-05-11 08:48 AM
    OK, I will check back. Thanks for the efforts. Maybe it's time for me to get rid of the old Storm 2 and upgrade to a newer device?
    11-07-11 09:26 AM
    OK, I will check back. Thanks for the efforts. Maybe it's time for me to get rid of the old Storm 2 and upgrade to a newer device?
    I LOVE my 9900! what a great device!
    11-07-11 09:29 AM
    I had been thinking about an upgrade to the new Torch 9850 but hadn't committed yet. Really prefer a bigger display. Not due for an equipment upgrade till summer, so have to wait a while.
    11-07-11 09:36 AM
    Hey everyone,

IF you have having issues try to download again.

The new version was built with the 4.7 jdk so it should work on all touch devices, and can be downloaded OTA from here:
    http://www.bbgpsgolf.com/app/1.0.21/BBGPSGolf.jad
    11-07-11 01:49 PM
    I've got an old BB 8320. It was working terrific with the old version 1.018.
    Now when I attempt to select a course stored on my SD card with the new version it says... 'java.lang.illegalArgument Exception: invalid character in name

I've tried reinstalling a few times but no luck. Any ideas?
    It's a GREAT app, and I'm going to miss using it on the golf course tomorrow!
    Last edited by scottmo5; 11-10-11 at 10:26 AM.
    11-10-11 10:19 AM
    I really appreciate you continuing to approve this awesome FREE APP. No monthly fees, no cost to download and try. I have just sent another $10 for the great new "immediate view of fairway and green" features. Actually it sounds like it is not new but apparently I somehow missed the release where you added the ability to see a google map view of the hole you are playing. It is one of those features I had thought would be awesome but figured I would never see because I was using the FREE APP. I was just content with what I had. But thanks for the continuing improvements. They are really worth much more than $10 but I am "cheap" that is why I am using bbgpsgolf.com. Anyway hopefully folks will continue to at least make a small donation for a fraction of what this APP is worth. Maybe that will be enough to ensure this APP does not go away and you will eventually get enough coming in to handsomely reward you for your genius and investment. Hope you become one of the 1% for taking the initiative and working hard on something you love.
    11-14-11 09:36 PM
    I really appreciate you continuing to approve this awesome FREE APP. No monthly fees, no cost to download and try. I have just sent another $10 for the great new "immediate view of fairway and green" features. Actually it sounds like it is not new but apparently I somehow missed the release where you added the ability to see a google map view of the hole you are playing. It is one of those features I had thought would be awesome but figured I would never see because I was using the FREE APP. I was just content with what I had. But thanks for the continuing improvements. They are really worth much more than $10 but I am "cheap" that is why I am using bbgpsgolf.com. Anyway hopefully folks will continue to at least make a small donation for a fraction of what this APP is worth. Maybe that will be enough to ensure this APP does not go away and you will eventually get enough coming in to handsomely reward you for your genius and investment. Hope you become one of the 1% for taking the initiative and working hard on something you love.
    Wow, Thank you for your kind words. The Google map was added in version 1.0.19 or 20, I think but it was never released because it was buggy and personal life was crazy and never got around to getting it out there. (Also new computer in there somewhere so I had to rebuild the BlackBerry Development environment and all that junk takes times.)

Thanks again!
    11-15-11 02:01 PM
    Just got a BB Bold 9900 and switched from my 3 year old BB Bold 9000. Updated to the 1.0.21 version and am getting the 'java.lang.illegalArgument Exception: invalid character in name' error.

Don't know how to fix the error.
    11-26-11 08:47 PM
    Wow, Thank you for your kind words. The Google map was added in version 1.0.19 or 20, I think but it was never released because it was buggy and personal life was crazy and never got around to getting it out there. (Also new computer in there somewhere so I had to rebuild the BlackBerry Development environment and all that junk takes times.)

Thanks again!

Justin,
    Problem seeing the downloaded Google Hole Maps at the bottom of each hole.
    19 out of 20 times the Hole map does not show up. The green maps shows and the hole yardages show but not the hole maps. During download all eighteen green maps and hole maps download {i.e.,Downloading Google maps hole information for hole 5, etc), but when you go to the hole the map for the the hole markers does not display. Very occasionally when you schroll past the yardages and the green map you will get to the hole map. It does not appear to be related to course. For example I downloaded Fields Ferry a dozen times until finally the hole maps showed up. I played a round everything worked great. But after coming home I down loaded Fields Ferry again and the hole maps do not show up.
    Using Bold 9700 v5.0.0.79
    If I set options: Show google map Green:No Show Google map Hole:Yes then no maps are displayed.
    If I set options: Show google map Green:Yes Show Google map Hole:Yes then Only Green maps are displayed.
    If I pull the battery and then after power up, download both greens and holes, still only green maps, no hole maps show up.
    NOTE:When you schroll to the bottom, the little blue "down triangle" is still in the lower right hand corner. Indicating you can schroll farther. But you can not go down past the map of the green. Same for all holes.
    12-07-11 10:00 PM
    Just got a BB Bold 9900 and switched from my 3 year old BB Bold 9000. Updated to the 1.0.21 version and am getting the 'java.lang.illegalArgument Exception: invalid character in name' error.

Don't know how to fix the error.
    I have been getting a lot of reports of this issue, but I have not been able to reproduce this issue, and if I cant reproduce the issue it is going to be hard for me to A) fix the bug, B) tell you how to fix your configuration. If you could please do the following:

A) get me the logs from BBGPSGolf after you reproduce the issue. (from within the BBGPSGolf app.
    B) send me a copy of your BBGPSGolf folder from your SD card or your device memory.

Thanks,
    Justin
    12-08-11 07:28 AM
    Justin,
    Problem seeing the downloaded Google Hole Maps at the bottom of each hole.
    19 out of 20 times the Hole map does not show up. The green maps shows and the hole yardages show but not the hole maps. During download all eighteen green maps and hole maps download {i.e.,Downloading Google maps hole information for hole 5, etc), but when you go to the hole the map for the the hole markers does not display. Very occasionally when you schroll past the yardages and the green map you will get to the hole map. It does not appear to be related to course. For example I downloaded Fields Ferry a dozen times until finally the hole maps showed up. I played a round everything worked great. But after coming home I down loaded Fields Ferry again and the hole maps do not show up.
    Using Bold 9700 v5.0.0.79
    If I set options: Show google map Green:No Show Google map Hole:Yes then no maps are displayed.
    If I set options: Show google map Green:Yes Show Google map Hole:Yes then Only Green maps are displayed.
    If I pull the battery and then after power up, download both greens and holes, still only green maps, no hole maps show up.
    NOTE:When you schroll to the bottom, the little blue "down triangle" is still in the lower right hand corner. Indicating you can schroll farther. But you can not go down past the map of the green. Same for all holes.
    Hello,

Thank you for reproting this. I think I found a bug.

How the download currently works. I try to download the Google map hole view and Google map green view once, and if it fails then I move on to the next hole. I do have logic when you load a hole, it will look for the Green and if the Green map is not set it will re-download that hole when you are on that hole (but if it does download while you are on that hole it does not update the screen. After it is done downloading ) But I am missing the logic to check to see if the hole map is not set, so that is why they are not showing up.

I have also added another function just now that will check for the hole images and slowly download them. So every 2 seconds i check a hole and then download any missing images. and then I wait 10 seconds before checking if a hole is missing. This will be added to the next version when ever it is released.
    12-08-11 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD