Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. bigal77's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default WOW to OS5.0.681 Memory up BIG!!!

    Ok so heres my story....blackberry bold user for 20 months, first year i had it with no 3rd party apps, (or a few of them) since i had no data plan. Once i finally got a data plan, it began lagging due to low memory so I updated to os5.0 WIND (.509).

    First few days seemed rather well, needed to rest every week or so, then began to get choppy calls like many others on that OS. Used to get 24mb after a eset, and drop to like 11 quickly(by late afternoon)

    So i went to .592 AZER. First few days went good, had about 21 mb after a reset, and had to do do a reset every 24-48hrs just like on WIND, but it just got worse. 15mb after a reset, 2 resets per day, sometimes 3, low memory warnings.

    So now i tried .681 and WOW. Without brickbreaker..languages installed(like i did previously) I had 47mb !! I didnt even use shrink aos or anything.
    3rd party apps Apps installed now:
    Poynt
    Google maps
    Gmail app
    Flixster movies
    CrunchSMS
    SnapTu
    Score
    Personal Assistant
    MyRogers account
    Lookout mobile security
    3rd party THEME
    Weather EYE
    Dilbert comics

    I now get 33mb after a reset, and was at 21 after 24hrs.....ive been on this OS for 3 days, and simply WOW compared to my others.
  2. VDFK's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Lol, amazing what one update can do, I know.
  3. cipher978's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    PIN
    210E8AAE
    #3  

    Default

    33 mb.....wow wait till you u[grade to a new phone and you get ten times that
  4. narci's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I admit memory management is awesome, my only issue with 681 is the radio. It takes me forever to go from EDGE to 3G. Sometimes I have to force it to go 3G. Yes, 3G signal is strong in my house.

    As well, sling player doesn't work. I think this has to do with the radio because I can always connect to the slingbox, but only get black screen and slow garbled voices then an error message that says I lost connection. This is on wifi and 3G.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. bigal77's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    I will upgrade to Slider....but until then, 33mb seems like a ton to us Bold users!
  6. NoahFecks's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,431 Posts
    PIN
    head Gunpowder
    #6  

    Default

    .610 is even better with memory, gives you at least a couple more MB after a restart and holds memory much better. I ran .681 for a couple weeks after running .610 for a month, I'm back to .610 now with much better memory management.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. gbadude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    332 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I'm only getting 24mb after a battery pull....
  8. Bucks13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    408 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Well I hope your luck is better than mine. When I first upgraded to .681, I had 35MB after a battery pull and never dropped below 24MB. 3 weeks later, I drop to single digits w/in 12 hours.
    The only good thing is that, for the most part, even though the memory is low, my system stays pretty stable and doesn't hourglass often.
    Anybody else having this issue on .681?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. skytrek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narci View Post
    I admit memory management is awesome, my only issue with 681 is the radio. It takes me forever to go from EDGE to 3G. Sometimes I have to force it to go 3G. Yes, 3G signal is strong in my house.

    As well, sling player doesn't work. I think this has to do with the radio because I can always connect to the slingbox, but only get black screen and slow garbled voices then an error message that says I lost connection. This is on wifi and 3G.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am also having the Slingplayer issues with this OS. Also not getting a good sync with Yahoo as well. I feel like I will have to go back to an earlier OS.
  10. AlKa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    147 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    681 definitely has better memory management but battery leakage on the other hand has really increased. Battery goes down about 30% after each reset and barely lasts 24 hours.
  11. laollis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Have to reset the phone 3 times a day because of low memory. Battery doesn't last the entire day either.
    Another Day in Paradise
  12. JerseyDriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    166 Posts
    PIN
    ky and the Brain, brain...
    #12  

    Default

    I am thinking of upgrading again, running 592 now, and I have found out a few things in the last week. Already sort of knew this from prior testing, but BBM groups will drop memory big time. I have been in a group for the last few months, and never had stable memory, always had to reboot at least once or twice a day at times. This past weekend I rebooted Sat afternoon, didn't open group chat at all, and I sat at 16 MB all weekend and yesterday. Left the group last night, added a few more apps back in and today it has dropped some and is not resting comfortably around 14 (starts about 20). With the group chat it was a constant (slow) drop from morning reset to evening under 10 and another reset. So with all these memory issues mentioned so far, it is something you may want to look at if you're running groups.
    ....sure you can, just not in the left lane.

    MB Pro ; Bold 9000 > Torch .337 > 9900
  13. ItnStln511's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,124 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoahFecks View Post
    .610 is even better with memory, gives you at least a couple more MB after a restart and holds memory much better. I ran .681 for a couple weeks after running .610 for a month, I'm back to .610 now with much better memory management.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Where do you get .610? I did a search and couldn't find where to download it.
  14. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    Where do you get .610? I did a search and couldn't find where to download it.
    You didn't search well enough, mate -- still available here:

    9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1027_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.610.leak. exe

    An excellent build. Not better than .681 IMO, but I certainly wouldn't say it's worse.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
  15. ItnStln511's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,124 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    You didn't search well enough, mate -- still available here:

    9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1027_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.610.leak. exe

    An excellent build. Not better than .681 IMO, but I certainly wouldn't say it's worse.
    Thanks JasW, I missed that.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    .681 does not run well on AT&T, plus bluetooth music streaming issues have me back on stock 4.6. I still believe that the speakers are louder with 4.6 over any 5.0 version I tried.
    Life is too short to spend time messing with Windows Computers, and any phone but a Blackberry.
    Apple Computers and Blackberrys never let you down.
  17. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
    .681 does not run well on AT&T
    You are decidedly in the minority on that point. The vast majority of AT&T users who've chimed in here on CB have had nothing but good things to say about this build.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
  18. sdmcwilliams's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    990 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    You are decidedly in the minority on that point. The vast majority of AT&T users who've chimed in here on CB have had nothing but good things to say about this build.
    I agree. It runs great for me on AT&T.
  19. mikemey's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
    .681 does not run well on AT&T, plus bluetooth music streaming issues have me back on stock 4.6. I still believe that the speakers are louder with 4.6 over any 5.0 version I tried.
    It must be you.

    I'm running .681 on my AT&T Bold, and its working fine. My battery lasts 2 days, my memory has been stable, and no real issues.

    The only complaint I have is wifi seems to turn itself on, but I can't even blame that on the OS because it may be something I did.

    If anyone can help on that, I'd appreciate it.
  20. Barljo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I've found that my mem seems to be fine, and battery life is so much better...

    I used to have a batt pull scheduled daily, and since I'm on this os, it's only twice weekly. Battery usually lasted from morning til night before hitting yellow, now it's way up around 25% or so by bedtime.

    This was my first effort at upgrading, and gave a new lease of life to my Bold. So much so, that I'm tempted to go for one of the much-vaunted WillyBoy 6 hybrids...

    Barljo
  21. laollis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
    .681 does not run well on AT&T, plus bluetooth music streaming issues have me back on stock 4.6. I still believe that the speakers are louder with 4.6 over any 5.0 version I tried.
    Of course everyone says "it must be you", but I'll agree with you. Not all phones are the same, and this OS isn't very good.
    Another Day in Paradise
  22. seangordon's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barljo View Post
    I've found that my mem seems to be fine, and battery life is so much better...

    I used to have a batt pull scheduled daily, and since I'm on this os, it's only twice weekly. Battery usually lasted from morning til night before hitting yellow, now it's way up around 25% or so by bedtime.

    This was my first effort at upgrading, and gave a new lease of life to my Bold. So much so, that I'm tempted to go for one of the much-vaunted WillyBoy 6 hybrids...

    Barljo
    I just did Willyboy 6.0.0.31 upgrade two nights ago....nice, snappy, good memory (no changes from 681) Not much in differences though....
    godsdameatiluvdzlittlebxz
  23. ItnStln511's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,124 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seangordon View Post
    I just did Willyboy 6.0.0.31 upgrade two nights ago....nice, snappy, good memory (no changes from 681) Not much in differences though....
    How's the battery life?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posting Permissions