CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post No lock or OS 5.0.0.461 & 5.0.0.464

We all know that there is no lock feature on the following;

Blackberry Curve 8900 - OS 5.0.0.461
    Blackberry Bold 9000 - OS 5.0.0.464

The only way in which you can activate the lock feature is if you have a password enabled...

Its strange on both OSs has this problem, Im thinking to myself that this may not be a bug but RIM wants people to make use of the Standby feature more to save battery life, so they deactivate the lock feature if you do not have a password protection.

What do you all think?
    Last edited by Hey_Daniel; 02-10-2010 at 07:56 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    head Gunpowder

Using the standby feature makes much more sense than the keyboard lock. I've never used the lock myself so I don't miss it at all. I stated in another thread that the change in the keyboard lock more than likely wasn't a bug, that it makes no sense to have 2 functions that do essentially the same thing. This way the keyboard lock is only available when you enable a password for it, so that just makes it more of a security feature rather than just a simple lock to keep the keys from being depressed accidentally (which standby does and is much easier to enable/disable).
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E

^^^^Agreed.
    Southern By Latitude, Gentleman By Attitude!
    ~I LOVE THE SMELL OF CRACKBERRY IN THE MORNING~
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,096 Global Posts

Its amazing how some of these carriers pass these OS's with a issue like this
    CrackBerry User

Just updated from .411 on my 8900 and I have the same issue. The only difference is, that it does not work even after adding the password. I've tried reinstalling 3 times, with wipe, without, made no difference. I am quite sure this is a bug and there will be a fixed release.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Mine works like a charm. I have password enabled, so the keylock works fine. Besides, .464 has to be the only OS that has had very little memory leak issues (for me) so far, with BBM, Pocket Informant, Ubertwitter, WhatsApp and BerryWeather running in the background (including BerryJoose). Start up with 39mb, drops to not less than 30 after a whole day of usage. Didn't need a battery pull for so long, but I have the habit of alt+aA+del every morning to start fresh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com