Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to downgrade OS 5 to 4.5?

Hi! I am totally new to this forum and don't know all the Crackberry lingo but would greatly appreciate some help. I have the OS 5.0.0.438 and it keeps turning my phone off and freezing. I would like to get back the the original OS I had before that is recommended by Bell for my Curve 8330 which is the 4.5.0.127. Can someone please tell me how to do that? I am also not able to backup my device as it doesn't seem to be compatible with this OS to my Desktop Manager. Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

To Revert back to an older OS

1. Go to > BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    2. Click on your Carrier and Download the OS you wish to install
    3. Uninstall all BlackBerry Device Softwares by going to ( Control Panel > add or remove a program )
    4. Delete the Research in Motion Folder located in ( c:\program files\common files\research in motion ) . . This step is optional
    5. Restart your PC
    6. Install the OS which you wish to downgrade to
    7. Go to ( c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader ) and double click on a file called "Loader"
    8. Follow the prompts

Note: Do at your own risk.