- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
How to downgrade OS 5 to 4.5?
Hi! I am totally new to this forum and don't know all the Crackberry lingo but would greatly appreciate some help. I have the OS 188.8.131.528 and it keeps turning my phone off and freezing. I would like to get back the the original OS I had before that is recommended by Bell for my Curve 8330 which is the 184.108.40.206. Can someone please tell me how to do that? I am also not able to backup my device as it doesn't seem to be compatible with this OS to my Desktop Manager. Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
- CrackBerry Genius
01-04-11, 10:28 AM #2
- 2,090 Posts
To Revert back to an older OS
1. Go to > BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
2. Click on your Carrier and Download the OS you wish to install
3. Uninstall all BlackBerry Device Softwares by going to ( Control Panel > add or remove a program )
4. Delete the Research in Motion Folder located in ( c:\program files\common files\research in motion ) . . This step is optional
5. Restart your PC
6. Install the OS which you wish to downgrade to
7. Go to ( c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader ) and double click on a file called "Loader"
8. Follow the prompts
Note: Do at your own risk.