Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Factory OS + Application Loader

I have a friends Blackberry Bold 9000, and I am trying to fix it. The device is unbranded from RIM. And currently when plugged in states "No application linked (Factory OS)"

I followed these steps:

1. install the correct device software for your blackberry
    2. delete 'vendor.xml' from 'C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader'
    3. take battery out of Blackberry
    4. connect USB cable to BlackBerry & PC
    5. Open the command prompt
    6. type in the command prompt: cd C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. then type loader/nojvm
    8. Click Next in the window that pops up
    9. Click next again even if Correct PIN is not detected (UNKNOWN or FFFF..)
    10. wait till app loader menu cames up and select components you want to install
    11. Click next then again
    12. wait for set to boot up
    13. problem solved

The Application Loader comes up but is empty even though I have the OS 5.0 installed and ready to go. I tried downloading OS 4.6, but it still isn't working. "The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to your computer..."

On top of all this, the phone constantly resets itself every 15-20 seconds unless I use Desktop Manager or Application Loader to enter the Device ARM.

In Desktop Manager, I get an error saying that the device is unrecognizable and a "no pin" status.

Any help would be appreciated!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jjwhitt View Post
    I have a friends Blackberry Bold 9000, and I am trying to fix it. The device is unbranded from RIM. And currently when plugged in states "No application linked (Factory OS)"

I followed these steps:

1. install the correct device software for your blackberry
    2. delete 'vendor.xml' from 'C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader'
    3. take battery out of Blackberry
    4. connect USB cable to BlackBerry & PC
    5. Open the command prompt
    6. type in the command prompt: cd C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. then type loader/nojvm
    8. Click Next in the window that pops up
    9. Click next again even if Correct PIN is not detected (UNKNOWN or FFFF..)
    10. wait till app loader menu cames up and select components you want to install
    11. Click next then again
    12. wait for set to boot up
    13. problem solved

The Application Loader comes up but is empty even though I have the OS 5.0 installed and ready to go. I tried downloading OS 4.6, but it still isn't working. "The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to your computer..."

On top of all this, the phone constantly resets itself every 15-20 seconds unless I use Desktop Manager or Application Loader to enter the Device ARM.

In Desktop Manager, I get an error saying that the device is unrecognizable and a "no pin" status.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Mmmmm, I would try an application such as BBSAK ( RIMGeeks.com • Index page )to do a full wipe and then reload the OS. Another very good app for this is Blackberry Master Control ( BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP): News ).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by scouts36 View Post
    Mmmmm, I would try an application such as BBSAK ( RIMGeeks.com • Index page )to do a full wipe and then reload the OS. Another very good app for this is Blackberry Master Control ( BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP): News ).
    Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded both programs and tested them out. However, the Blackberry's pin is not recognized so the applications can't be run.

Using MCP when the blackberry is connected the Device Pin is "0". The phone then keeps resetting on and off.

Any other ideas?