What happens with samsung touch latency?

#whatisclassic
    Samsung phones generally hang, lag, and the screen is not as responsive as phones like the Pixel and iPhone. This is especially true as their phones age. The only people who deny this are:

1. Reviewers who are given early access and gifts to give nice reviews (PhoneBuff recently did a nice video explaining this dynamic, especially with Samsung)
    2. Samsung fanboys who refuse to acknowledge anything could ever be wrong with a Samsung
    3. Samsung owners who don't use other phones, thus have nothing to compare it to
    4. Samsung owners who deny that the fastest, most responsive phone possible is a necessity, and are willing to settle for less. Somehow, that makes inferior performance okay.
    01-04-17 01:51 PM
    On release date !
    01-04-17 05:16 PM
    I'll wait, can't play with my money!

Posted via Blackberry Passport SE
    01-04-17 05:34 PM
    No. I do not like the design and color scheme. I don't have faith the specs can power the laggy os. Sticking with Passport SE and the iPhone when BB10 is totally pointless.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 05:47 PM
    Also...be warned. I bought a Priv on release and now that creaky piece of laggy junk is worth around 200 bucks on eBay. With Blackberry...best to always wait. This one is absolutely not worth jumping in quickly on.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 05:50 PM
    Also...be warned. I bought a Priv on release and now that creaky piece of laggy junk is worth around 200 bucks on eBay. With Blackberry...best to always wait. This one is absolutely not worth jumping in quickly on.

Posted via CB10
    Use Nova Launcher. It feels like a new phone. But I agree, it wasn't worth buying at launch.
    01-05-17 01:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe mostly all phones are somewhat buggy on first launch even iphone however Berry's probably a little more if they had have released this phone when they released the Priv I might have been interested .
    01-05-17 03:00 AM
    I will buy it definitely. One suggestion though: STAY AWAY FROM THE FORUMS until this device has launched. Otherwise you will read hundreds of post spreading negativity about it. Examples: Why isn't it running BB10? Why is there no logo on the front? Why are the keys glossy? Why is the spacebar so ugly? Is there a version without a fingerprint reader? Will there be a Passport Mercury? Bla bla bla ^^ I'm out. See you at MWC!
    01-05-17 03:23 AM
    A bit off-topic, but does anyone know where in Asia you can find new BlackBerrys? I'm looking to get Mercury on release day, but I'm not sure the best way to get it in Asia.
    Whereabouts in Asia? Sort of a big continent to give you a wholesale answer right off the bat.

In Indonesia, plenty of carriers and retailers etc. In China, electronics markets such as Zhong Guan Cun will have some availability, or you could check on TaoBao. In Thailand, very few BlackBerries to be found. In Singapore, head for the usual suspects and there will be stock at launch. Etc.

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe likes this.
    01-05-17 03:44 AM
    Whereabouts in Asia? Sort of a big continent to give you a wholesale answer right off the bat.

In Indonesia, plenty of carriers and retailers etc. In China, electronics markets such as Zhong Guan Cun will have some availability, or you could check on TaoBao. In Thailand, very few BlackBerries to be found. In Singapore, head for the usual suspects and there will be stock at launch. Etc.

Posted via CB10
    I live in China, but I'm planning on leaving the country to pick it up so I can get a play store that's not missing major applications that I need. I was thinking Korea, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
    01-05-17 08:37 PM
    I live in China, but I'm planning on leaving the country to pick it up so I can get a play store that's not missing major applications that I need. I was thinking Korea, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
    Hong Kong is probably your best bet then, although buying "locally" in China upon launch is pretty much the same thing as the phones made available through TaoBao sellers or the retailers at the electronic malls are anyway sourced from Hong Kong as I don't think there has been an official BlackBerry launch in mainland China since Suning was the official retail partner for a while in pre-BB10 era.

For Hong Kong, you could check price.com.hk for stores carrying the latest BlackBerries, as those stores will be offering Mercury as well.
    01-06-17 06:35 AM
    don't need to wait... got plenty Classics in stock for use as needed.

just look at the flat non ergonomic PKB... that's no way near what we can have with existing devices already.

Posted via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    01-06-17 07:04 AM
    don't need to wait... got plenty Classics in stock for use as needed.

just look at the flat non ergonomic PKB... that's no way near what we can have with existing devices already.

Posted via -Passport -Classic OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    Hmm? Mercury's keypad looks very similar to Classic's, both are straight (/flat? not curved at any rate) with similar dimensions and similar looking keys.
    01-06-17 07:16 AM
    Hmm? Mercury's keypad looks very similar to Classic's, both are straight (/flat? not curved at any rate) with similar dimensions and similar looking keys.
    are you using a Passport?

agree that the Passport PKB looks flat compare to the Classic, but its only got wider key pads, still the ergonomic factor is noticeable.

Got both device right next to each other and using them, still even with my rather large hands the smaller Classic keyboard is way faster and more precise to use than the bigger Passport keyboard, while the "new Mercury or what ever" looks just flat with over sized bulky space key.

Posted via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    01-06-17 07:31 AM
    They Mercury keypad's dimensions are very close to the PRIV's in both width and height, and about the same width, but not as high as the Classic's.
    01-06-17 10:46 AM
    I already bought the phone twice in my dreams and once when I dosed off reading the comments.

Come on...take my money already!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-06-17 01:22 PM
    Truth is the Note 7 actually had minimal impact on their sale prospects for the S8.
    If I were a product manager, I would price the S8 so the margins are greater than previous series to recoup the $3.1 billion loss to shareholders. I would expect lower build cost /quality on the S8

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    01-06-17 01:45 PM
    As I posted earlier, I would pester Verizon till I received an answer. Well, it's been over a week now and a message sent every other day. As expected, no response. Don't know if Verizon will carry it, sorry. :-(
    01-06-17 02:44 PM
    Sadly, I agree... so many people post negative threads around here... as I said in another thread, I even read a poster saying that he didn't like it because it has a physical keyboard... I mean, how the mercury won't have a pkb? And if you don't like a pkb, why are you even looking at that device? I just don't get it...

I will buy it definitely. One suggestion though: STAY AWAY FROM THE FORUMS until this device has launched. Otherwise you will read hundreds of post spreading negativity about it. Examples: Why isn't it running BB10? Why is there no logo on the front? Why are the keys glossy? Why is the spacebar so ugly? Is there a version without a fingerprint reader? Will there be a Passport Mercury? Bla bla bla ^^ I'm out. See you at MWC!
    01-06-17 02:59 PM
    I mean, how the mercury won't have a pkb? And if you don't like a pkb, why are you even looking at that device? I just don't get it...
    Uhhh... hello, DTEK50 and 60? What was the complaint back then?!
    01-06-17 03:07 PM
    The Mercury appears to be my dream device, so I will buy it as soon as it is available. I went from the Passport to the Dtek50 (to keep me app-happy until the Mercury comes out), but the autocorrect on the virtual keyboard annoys me to no end. Yes, I know I can turn it off, but the virtual keyboard is simply not accurate enough. It became increasingly frustrating since I'm constantly switching between 3 different languages. I do wonder how the Mercury keyboard will handle multiple languages. I assume it will be nowhere as good as on the Passport, but I hope it will work better than it does on their virtual keyboard. How does the Priv keyboard work with multiple languages (with different letters and accents)?
    01-06-17 04:51 PM
    Exactly... and now there you have it, a pkb device and then guess what? I read a couple of times people saying: why does it have pkb...

Uhhh... hello, DTEK50 and 60? What was the complaint back then?!
    01-06-17 06:08 PM
    How does the Priv keyboard work with multiple languages (with different letters and accents)?
    Much better than it ever was in BB10, as you can assign sym + key for your ä/ö/å/etc.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-06-17 06:58 PM
    If it comes out with full black front, I'll buy it with cash. If they put in 4gigs of ram I'll pay 1k for it

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 11:03 PM
99 ... 234