Just looking for opinions on this one...

If this is going to be a brand new device, and not just a re-purposed model that they're already selling, I'm hoping they work in the RGB LED. I was trying to see if those leaked images would give anything away, but it's hard to tell. Also not even sure if that's a final production.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hoopitz; 12-24-16 at 11:12 PM.
    12-24-16 07:06 PM
    Both the 50 and 60 has a notification LED... I take it you mean a RGB LED?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-24-16 07:17 PM
    Just looking for opinions on this one...

If this is going to be a brand new device, and not just a re-purposed model that they're already selling, I'm hoping they work in the LED. I was trying to see if those leaked images would give anything away, but it's hard to tell. Also not even sure if that's a final production.

Posted via CB10
    Really hope that's the case with the Mercury. I like having different colours for special contacts.
    Plazmic Flame and bh7171 like this.
    12-24-16 08:43 PM
    Both the 50 and 60 has a notification LED... I take it you mean a RGB LED?

Yes sir, I did.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 11:11 PM
    Yes sir, I did.

Posted via CB10
    Well so do I. I don't see why it wouldn't since it's not based on any existing design by TCL, adding the RGB LED shouldn't be a huge deal for them...

12-25-16 08:28 AM
    We'll know in 12 days
    DaDaDogg and dusdal like this.
    12-25-16 10:36 AM
    They ought to.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 11:19 AM
    I don't see a reason why it shouldn't. Unlike DTEK 50/60 which was a reference design from TCL, the Mercury is an in house design from BlackBerry and hence should have the RGB LED. But that's my opinion though. We'll get to know the real picture during CES 2017

Posted from my OG Passport Black Edition
    12-25-16 11:39 PM
    Funny thing is, even if they do, there will always be apps that won't support it as well so it's all a bit of a half-measure.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-26-16 02:42 AM
    They very well could implement it. And even if apps don't support it natively, there are apps to help with that.
    12-26-16 05:59 AM
    Only red is fine for me. Orange when the charge is low and green when fully charged.
    12-26-16 08:49 AM
    Funny thing is, even if they do, there will always be apps that won't support it as well so it's all a bit of a half-measure.
    "Something Something BB10 natively controls LED by system, Something Something Android sucks"

I always thought the design of how notifications and app integration must go though the Hub somehow limited functionality in BB10. I remember WhatsApp saying it limited how they implement call notifications, so all they could get was that lame notification popup that doesn't even work when the phone is locked.
    12-26-16 09:05 AM
    Fair enough. To me though, a BlackBerry isn't a BlackBerry without the RGB LED. The red LED for a BBM message is so iconic and have a generic white led is just boring.

Having different colours for BBM, WhatsApp, Facebook, E-mails ect, is really convenient for me. But let's wait and see. Hopefully we will know for sure soon!

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    12-26-16 02:18 PM
    The passport rbg led really spoiled me. I became so accustomed to just glancing at the led to check what my notification were that the dtek60 red only led was a bit of a letdown.

I have an app on the priv called light manager. It works to set the led color for any app, but sometimes it's spotty. Definitely not as good as the native built in functionality of bbos10.
    12-26-16 02:44 PM
    Question: Does the PRIV have RGB? I would assume so because I can change the color for certain application notifications.
    12-26-16 08:03 PM
    Question: Does the PRIV have RGB? I would assume so because I can change the color for certain application notifications.
    Yes.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-27-16 10:58 AM
    I wish it was RGB, I have Red for BBM, Green for Whatsapp and Blue for Facebook, white for Hotmail Cyan for Google... and I think Pink or Red for YouTube

Posted via CB10
    anon(4243545) likes this.
    12-27-16 11:08 AM