Hey guys. First of.. I wanna apologize if this is not in the correct forum head. Please mods with respect please adjust accordingly as you please.

So I was just wondering if the Mercury will actually be available immediately at The BlackBerry Store in Dubai. And speaking of that.. Who now actually owns the store? Is it BlackBerry's? Or TCL's? If its still BlackBerry's, then are they going to offer software in the mall? Or will they just close down the store? I seriously hope not though.
    02-18-17 08:31 AM
    Hey guys. First of.. I wanna apologize if this is not in the correct forum head. Please mods with respect please adjust accordingly as you please.

So I was just wondering if the Mercury will actually be available immediately at The BlackBerry Store in Dubai. And speaking of that.. Who now actually owns the store? Is it BlackBerry's? Or TCL's? If its still BlackBerry's, then are they going to offer software in the mall? Or will they just close down the store? I seriously hope not though.
    Does it really matter who owns it? In the recent CrackBerry podcast Steve Cisculli indicated that some BlackBerry consumer support people would be "under the umbrella of TCL Communications".
    02-18-17 10:31 AM
    I sure hope it never closes. When I was in Dubai and saw this it highlighted my trip. There was one in Michigan once and now NYC has a pop up store? That's it besides Indonesia right?
    Who now owns The BlackBerry Store in Dubai? will merc be available?-img_20160406_102250.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 11:00 AM
    Does it really matter who owns it? In the recent CrackBerry podcast Steve Cisculli indicated that some BlackBerry consumer support people would be "under the umbrella of TCL Communications".
    So are you answering my question?
    02-18-17 11:59 AM
    So are you answering my question?
    If the store makes a profit from selling BlackBerry branded devices, there's no reason to expect that it won't continue to stay in business regardless of who owns or operates it.
    You can sign up for updates regarding Mercury at BlackBerryMobile.com.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 02-18-17 at 12:29 PM.
    02-18-17 12:14 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, the BlackBerry store is run by axiom. I think that BlackBerry subsidizes some of the opex as part of the deal. This will definitely be passed on to BB Mobile, and I guess then depending if TCL warrants keeping it open.

If you wanna know if they will stock the mercury, definitely, when is the question. I generally don't wait for them or axiom to get it, order it online and end up getting it two to three weeks before they end up retailing it.
    02-18-17 12:42 PM
    It'd be sweet if they'd have it in Dubai as I'll be there on the 22nd of March! Probably won't buy it there but it'd be sweet to have it in my hands!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 06:36 PM
    I am wondering if that Dubai Blackberry store is still there.
    Saw a pair of Porsche Design Blackberry on display at one of the shop in Dubai airport last Friday. The shop is in the middle of the walk way toward terminal B. There were a 9981 and a black (like piano black) 9983. The 9983 price there is more than $1700. And there was also a Z30 with the ridiculous price tag of around $600 if I remember it correctly.

Posted from my  Passport
    02-19-17 07:41 AM
    I am wondering if that Dubai Blackberry store is still there.
    Saw a pair of Porsche Design Blackberry on display at one of the shop in Dubai airport last Friday. The shop is in the middle of the walk way toward terminal B. There were a 9981 and a black (like piano black) 9983. The 9983 price there is more than $1700. And there was also a Z30 with the ridiculous price tag of around $600 if I remember it correctly.

Yes man thae blackberry store is still in dubai Mall.

FYI: went there acting like I don't know BlackBerry phones and asked what's the best etc beleive it or not the sales guy told me to buy an iphone !!

I don't think that store will still be open, I give it till April max

Posted via CB10
    anon(4216826) likes this.
    02-19-17 01:37 PM

FYI: went there acting like I don't know BlackBerry phones and asked what's the best etc beleive it or not the sales guy told me to buy an iphone !!

Posted via CB10
    The guy I met there was a big BlackBerry guy and said lots of die-hards like me from the west came in to browse as I was. I really hope that was a fluke and the store does better when the Mercury comes out. It's a great little store.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am trying to think that it was a young sale guy.

02-20-17 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just visited the store today. The location is top notch because it is the first mobile store you see when you travel by Metro. I have noticed that a lot of people are walking in.

The bad news is that it is the most poorly maintained store in all the mall. Most phone racks do not have phones in them, the ones that have phones do not work because the battery is drained. I even saw a phone with a broken screen!

After seeing the store i have doubts that BlackBerry really cares anymore about the customer experience... It really made me re-think the idea of buying another BlackBerry branded device.
    03-16-17 10:01 AM