I heard the podcast a bit differently, I heard him state that the BlackBerry agreement is a long term plan and to expect multiple devices. I also heard him ask for patience from the community so they could get it right.

I highly doubt they are going to be showing another device at MWC. Have we ever seen a device shown at a major tech show that we didn't already have rumored or seen some sort of news months before?
    zensen, mithrazor and bluesqueen23 like this.
    02-14-17 04:42 PM
    I heard the podcast a bit differently, I heard him state that the BlackBerry agreement is a long term plan and to expect multiple devices. I also heard him ask for patience from the community so they could get it right.

I highly doubt they are going to be showing another device at MWC. Have we ever seen a device shown at a major tech show that we didn't already have rumored or seen some sort of news months before?
    This is exactly what he said. Everyone wants to believe what they want to believe.
    02-14-17 04:48 PM
    I am loving my Priv, will the BB Mobile like a true blackberry like the Priv is or somewhat of a Blackberry?
    02-14-17 05:26 PM
    I am loving my Priv, will the BB Mobile like a true blackberry like the Priv is or somewhat of a Blackberry?
    Should be fairly true to form, it's being built specifically for the BlackBerry brand. Unlike the Dteks which were adapted from Alcatel devices.

Besides all BlackBerry Android devices still have BlackBerry DNA in the form of the OS and software.
    02-14-17 05:44 PM

I wonder if they will hint at something to come. I also heard that they are in this for long term and not everything rests on how it goes with sales of just one phone. This is really good news. More to come down the road. I also wonder if they are thinking about producing a BlackBerry branded tablet--that would not compete with the Mercury but compliment it. TCL has made some nice android tablets. I have one that I got in a promo from T-Mobile.
    02-14-17 05:54 PM
    There's no way they are launching a second device and no one knows about it. To me he was clear that more devices will come in the FUTURE.

Also, BB10 version....... LOL some people just don't want to face reality, STILL.
    02-14-17 07:08 PM
    Ya maybe we should revamp OS5
    02-14-17 08:16 PM
    Cistulli has been talking about what he would like to do over the next couple years.

Let's wait and see where he can get to in the next couple weeks.
    nbaliga likes this.
    02-14-17 08:19 PM
    This is exactly what he said. Everyone wants to believe what they want to believe.
    Some people's children.

I also wonder if they are thinking about producing a BlackBerry branded tablet--that would not compete with the Mercury but compliment it. TCL has made some nice android tablets. I have one that I got in a promo from T-Mobile.
    I really don't see the point in producing another android tablet to go along with the rest of them. Docking stations for devices were popular for a little while but laptops have become so light and quick to boot up there isn't any reason for them. I would rather them put their future R&D into making the devices a step above the current phones on the market.

Don't mistake this last statement as taking away from the upcoming Mercury. Personally I think it IS a step above the current phones on the market. PKB ---> Android ---> Candybar style. Boom.
    02-14-17 10:31 PM

We've but it wasn't shown at a major tech show. The Xiaomi Mi Mix. I was surprised how they were able to introduce that device without it leaking all over the internet. That was top notch CIA work from them.

However, I agree, no second device. Would've been leaked yes, Xiaomi did a one timer. A company teasing the device without even a name and a final product won't unveil a phone suddenly. They're more into creating hype for marketing purposes.
    02-15-17 01:53 AM
    My English listening skills are far from perfect, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned but a hint to a future phone, which is logical given that they're building their BB roadmap right now.
    02-15-17 02:40 AM
    My English listening skills are far from perfect, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned but a hint to a future phone, which is logical given that they're building their BB roadmap right now.
    Of course they have a roadmap.. But they aren't going to announce that at MWC and let it overshadow the Mercury. They want to sell the Mercury now and not have people holding out for the next device.
    02-15-17 07:54 AM
    @mrfreeze is in the road map there is bb10?
    02-15-17 07:59 AM
    Of course they have a roadmap.. But they aren't going to announce that at MWC and let it overshadow the Mercury. They want to sell the Mercury now and not have people holding out for the next device.
    Exactly, this is why we won't heard of any other device for at least the next six months, imho.
    02-15-17 08:02 AM
    There is most definitely not.
    02-15-17 08:14 AM
    @usman_hidayat19 You know the answer to this question... Of course!

NOT!!
    02-15-17 08:26 AM
    There will be no more BB10, have ppl been living under a rock?
    02-15-17 08:46 AM
    There will be no more BB10, have ppl been living under a rock?
    He knows. He was just trying to make a funny.
    02-15-17 08:58 AM
    The Mercury will come with Android and BB10 to replace the passport and classic series. So there you have it
    No chance of that happening at all.
    You didn't take him seriously, did you?
    02-15-17 11:38 AM
    You didn't take him seriously, did you?
    Is it surprising that there are people still thinking that might happen in the CB forums. Basically every thread has someone saying that Aube he was kidding but the response is still relevant to many.
    02-15-17 12:54 PM
    Let's hope they launch the mercury right after the announcement, I'm loosing patience already with this one month wait already.
    02-15-17 01:06 PM
    Exactly. He was talking about the codenames and how the explanation for 'Why the Mercury codename' could be answered when the follow-up product comes out.

What's interesting about theory number two and theory number three is that the follow-on product to Mercury is going to answer this question. Is it number two, or is it number three? We're going to have to wait until the next product name gets released.
    02-15-17 01:29 PM
    Watch them call it the Bold and the next device which will be lower spec'd will be the Curve!
    02-15-17 01:46 PM
    More like the 8700c.
    02-15-17 02:39 PM
    I hope they bring back the jogwheel.
    02-15-17 02:41 PM
60 123