This is exactly what meant when I was talking about truly wireless. When I can sit at my desk / couch while using my device and it is charging, then it's an amazing feature at that point.
    I would actually NOT want that, because that removes your choice... I don't want anything affecting anything of mine automatically just because it's there.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-09-17 06:02 PM
    Having to plug something into the wall to avoid plugging something into the wall escapes me.

I thought it was cool on the Priv, but used it only a handful of times early on.
    Uh, it's to avoid plugging something into your phone, not into the wall. But hey, whatever helps your argument. :-)

01-09-17 06:03 PM
    Wireless (oxymoron) charging is highly overrated IMHO. As stated, there is still a wire there somewhere. I had maybe one of the first in the Palm Pixi Plus which was a BIG deal at the time, but I soon came to realize that it wasn't all that. I do not miss it in the least and it remains one of my least sought after features when buying a new device.
    There is no arbitrary dislike for wires. Wireless charging saves my usb port. I couldn't care less if there's a wire behind my desk or 10 wires, none of those affects me on my day-to-day use.

Anyway, enjoy your loose usb ports guys. I find it hilarious when I watch a friend have to physically hold their charging cable to their phone because their port has gotten so loose that if they let go it'll lose the connection. So you're right, it's too entertaining. We should just keep this whole plug and unplug every few hours thing, it's awesome.

01-09-17 06:05 PM
    And it's funny how some of you think you use wireless Nobody in the world is saying you bring a wireless charging dock with you and when you need to charge your phone you plug it in and then set your phone on it. Don't be dense. You have a wireless charging pad or cradle at your bedside and at your work desk. You plug it in ONCE and that's it. You leave it plugged in. You literally never see that power cable ever again because it just sits there behind your desk. When you go to sleep or you sit down at your desk, you set your phone down and that's it. And places like Starbucks have wireless charging built into their counters, so when you sit to have your coffee, you set your phone down and it's charging. If this becomes more widely accepted, this whole "let me bring a charger cable with me everywhere" and people sitting next to an outlet or across from one with a wire stretching across where people walk thing would be much less of an occurrence.

Sure there's probably a wire somewhere behind a desk or somewhere, but if you have a bluetooth receiver to connect your phone to something, that has a wire connecting it to the entertainment system somewhere as well. *gasp* :-D

For the places that don't have it integrated, you can still do the stoneage method of bringing your own charging cable and plugging it into your phone if you like. Nobody in the entire world talking about wireless charging has ever even toyed with the idea of it replacing the old way of charging your phone...

But anyway, keep making it seem like anyone is claiming that you would be forced to carry a wireless charging mat with you everywhere just because the phone happens to have wireless charging, or that a coil of wire will make the phone $100 more expensive if that helps you make the argument that having an extra feature is somehow a bad thing just because you personally don't want to use it... :-D

01-09-17 06:18 PM
    I like the phone as well, but I'd definitely ask for:

A. An all black option (doesn't get classier than that in my opinion)

B. The top metal part should be smaller or eliminated, if possible. I know this is probably a lot to ask for (reconfiguring the top part of the device) but I'd love if they did that.

C. RGB LED light!! (the device is already kind of chunky, so why not try to squeeze it in?) -- granted, the device may already have this, i don't know all the specs so I'm merely suggesting it

D. Contrary to the point above, I'd like the device to be a bit more thin/lean. Based off the hands-on videos I've seen, it looks a to be a bit on the larger side

E. Good Hub integration! I use a classic so I'm not sure what the hub is like on android, but I can't picture not using the Hub.

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    01-09-17 06:49 PM
    Anyway, enjoy your loose usb ports guys
    Never had a loose port--ever. Even my 5 year old Playbook (notorious, by the way, for funky port) still gets used and recharged as it always has, through its usb port. I have had 6 phones, 2 tablets in my lifetime and have never had a problem. YMMV.
    01-09-17 07:04 PM
    Never had a loose port--ever. Even my 5 year old Playbook (notorious, by the way, for funky port) still gets used and recharged as it always has, through its usb port. I have had 6 phones, 2 tablets in my lifetime and have never had a problem. YMMV.
    Damn, so many people must be jamming the wrong plugs into their phones, haha. :-P

brookie229 likes this.
    01-09-17 08:45 PM
    Um, actually plenty of retailers have or are planning on having wireless charging built into their counters, so the moment you set down your phone its charging. Have you actually used wireless charging before deeming it a "pointless gimmick?" I'm sure this would be a shock to you, but your personal opinion on something doesn't make it a fact. I didn't mean to rock your world with that, I know it's hard to accept your opinion isn't the gold standard...

And how much more expensive is a coil? Weird how my Classic with wireless charging costs the same as the Classic models without it. I guess BB wanted to give something expensive to me for free because they are also a charity?? :-D

Awesome so for the whole 2-10 minutes I'm at the counter I'll be lucky to get 1% added to my battery😂 lol. I have used it and my phones never sat down long enough to garner even 20% of a difference, in that that same amount of time a Quick charger would have had my battery passed 50%. Personal opinion or not it seems people tend to agree it's not really wireless and more a gimmick then anything. Don't worry you didn't rock my world I find it funny how bent out of shape this conversation is making you, clearly if you have to resort to sarcastic insults. It's not that deep lol
    01-10-17 01:59 AM
    I hope the current look integrated fingerprint reader/spacebar isn't the final design as it looks cheap
    01-10-17 03:38 AM
    This is exactly what meant when I was talking about truly wireless. When I can sit at my desk / couch while using my device and it is charging, then it's an amazing feature at that point.
    you better not have any medical implant or your family chaps with implant not close to your wireless charger (better put the charger close to your door entry - mud room ;-), Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact | EDN
    look all the body parts attenuated the charge efficiency... spare me.. hard wire charger are far better and healthy in my old age. (no implant yet).
    01-10-17 07:33 AM
    I hope the current look integrated fingerprint reader/spacebar isn't the final design as it looks cheap
    Considering they said the fingerprint reader wasn't functional and the keyboard wasn't finished, it's possible that it won't be the final design.
    01-10-17 07:45 AM
    Awesome so for the whole 2-10 minutes I'm at the counter I'll be lucky to get 1% added to my battery😂 lol. I have used it and my phones never sat down long enough to garner even 20% of a difference, in that that same amount of time a Quick charger would have had my battery passed 50%. Personal opinion or not it seems people tend to agree it's not really wireless and more a gimmick then anything. Don't worry you didn't rock my world I find it funny how bent out of shape this conversation is making you, clearly if you have to resort to sarcastic insults. It's not that deep lol
    Nah, it's just hilarious for me when people think their opinions are fact. Kind of gives me the impression that they have some self-esteem thing they are compensating for. Not saying you, just in general. Either way, if you really prefer carrying around a charger with you everywhere you go, feel free, wireless charging doesn't prevent you from using your usb plug. I know it's hard to comprehend. Also, you do realize that there is wireless quickcharge right? Basically it's the same as wireless charging but it charges as fast as quick charge. But yes, somewhere behind the counter or built in the desk there's a wire somewhere. That knowledge destroys the whole experience, hahaha.

I hope you don't use bluetooth either because there's a wire somewhere connecting the bluetooth receiver with the device you're connecting to. So you might as well plug it in manually.

01-10-17 09:34 AM
    Well, like they say, it's a pointless gimmick anyway. You need to set up a PIN first in order to use the fingerprint scanner, so to have to make a PIN to avoid using a PIN makes it pointless, right? Therefore, no phone company should have that feature because I personally don't want to use it. ;-)

I'm kidding BTW. :-P

01-10-17 09:36 AM
    you better not have any medical implant or your family chaps with implant not close to your wireless charger (better put the charger close to your door entry - mud room ;-), Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact | EDN
    look all the body parts attenuated the charge efficiency... spare me.. hard wire charger are far better and healthy in my old age. (no implant yet).
    Lol, unless you're planning on sitting on a wireless charging pad where your implant would be, that would not affect you at all. Well, I know the person you replied to wanted it so the energy transfers to everything in the room. Yah, I wouldn't want that either, implant or not... :-|

01-10-17 09:43 AM
    Well, like they say, it's a pointless gimmick anyway. You need to set up a PIN first in order to use the fingerprint scanner, so to have to make a PIN to avoid using a PIN makes it pointless, right? Therefore, no phone company should have that feature because I personally don't want to use it. ;-)

I'm kidding BTW. :-P

You need to chill out a little. Nobody cares if the feature is there or not because it's basically useless in its current form. Except for you and all your friends who consistently break USB ports. Stop taking jabs at people because they disagree with you on the usefulness of wireless charging.
    01-10-17 09:52 AM
    You need to chill out a little. Nobody cares if the feature is there or not because it's basically useless in its current form. Except for you and all your friends who consistently break USB ports. Stop taking jabs at people because they disagree with you on the usefulness of wireless charging.
    I keep forgetting your opinions are facts bro. Please forgive me. :'(

And I'm not taking any jabs at anyone. I'm using the EXACT same logic. So it is in HONOR of those who inspired me to use the same. :-)

01-10-17 10:38 AM
    I keep forgetting your opinions are facts bro. Please forgive me. :'(

And I'm not taking any jabs at anyone. I'm using the EXACT same logic. So it is in HONOR of those who inspired me to use the same. :-)

Never ever said it was a fact. Just using simple logic. And the fact that your only response is "well it stop me from ruining my USB port" implies that you kinda agree that it's not really "wireless" since you have to leave your phone in the exact same spot you would had you plugged it in directly. Such a useful feature.
    Last edited by ray689; 01-10-17 at 11:31 AM.
    01-10-17 11:07 AM
    Wireless charging is a nice touch. You would agree with me if you owned or planning on owning a car with that capability. Just simple joy.

Anyways, I really want TCL to put better specs. Like Bla1ze stated on a podcast, more RAM. Why not put 6 gigs of RAM? The price difference would be very small.
    The camera ring needs to be matte silver like the frames or something like Priv. Looks way too shiny.
    One more thing, a nice launch bundle. Dock & leather case.

Lastly, call it Bold.
    Last edited by ardakca; 01-10-17 at 11:28 AM.
    JD_CB likes this.
    01-10-17 11:12 AM
    I agree
    01-10-17 12:46 PM
    Never ever said it was a fact. Just using simple logic. And the fact that your only response is "well it stop me from ruining my USB port" implies that you kinda agree that it's not really "wireless" since you have to leave your phone in the exact same spot you would had you plugged it in directly. Such a useful feature.
    We spend the majority of our time either at home or at work. Unless you're a nomad, most of us will have things kept in the same places all of the time, so I don't get how that's an issue. When you're not at those places you do what you would do otherwise, nothing changes except when you're at the places you are the most it's more convenient. There literally are no downsides. Whether you value this convenience or not is your own personal preference. It's just as much a "useless gimmick" as a fingerprint scanner or a front-facing camera (you can do pointless "selfies" with the rear camera just fine...). I personally don't value either of those other things but I won't argue that phones shouldn't have them because, well, that would be a dumb argument to make...

01-10-17 01:41 PM
    Wireless charging is a nice touch. You would agree with me if you owned or planning on owning a car with that capability. Just simple joy.

Anyways, I really want TCL to put better specs. Like Bla1ze stated on a podcast, more RAM. Why not put 6 gigs of RAM? The price difference would be very small.
    The camera ring needs to be matte silver like the frames or something like Priv. Looks way too shiny.
    One more thing, a nice launch bundle. Dock & leather case.

Lastly, call it Bold.
    Oh no, but there's a wire somewhere behind that dash so it's not really wireless, thus it's useless. Good logic me thinks. ;-)

01-10-17 01:42 PM
    We spend the majority of our time either at home or at work. Unless you're a nomad, most of us will have things kept in the same places all of the time, so I don't get how that's an issue. When you're not at those places you do what you would do otherwise, nothing changes except when you're at the places you are the most it's more convenient. There literally are no downsides. Whether you value this convenience or not is your own personal preference. It's just as much a "useless gimmick" as a fingerprint scanner or a front-facing camera (you can do pointless "selfies" with the rear camera just fine...). I personally don't value either of those other things but I won't argue that phones shouldn't have them because, well, that would be a dumb argument to make...

I didn't say it shouldn't have it. I just said it's not all its cracked up to be. And yes you are right, i spend most of my time at home and office and you know what I'm doing with my phone during those times? USING IT. Which is why setting it down to charge and picking it up every 5 minutes simply defeats the purpose of the wireless charging as it interrupts the charge every single time (wired charging doesn't do that). Which is why I said if it worked more like a wireless play station or Xbox controller then it would actually be extremely useful feature. At this point, it is not.
    01-10-17 02:02 PM
    I don't get why people on here care so much about the LED notification light.
    Well, the red LED back in the day is pretty much where the term "CrackBerry" had originated.
    01-10-17 02:52 PM
    I agree
    It doesn't look cheap to me and even if so, I rather have a normal prized phone without premium material than a phone of 690 Euro's ($ 745 bucks) again (I paid that for the Priv).....and the material used for the Priv wasn't even premium LOL. Forking out hundreds of Euro's/dollars is just getting old.
    The plastic Javelin 8900 was one of my favorite BB phone. Who cares about premium material, as long if it gets the job done like that phone did at the time. Iphone 4 was considered a "premium" phone with "premium" materials (front/back glass) back then, well, 1 drop to the floor and sayonara!
    What I find more important than whether or not it may or may not look cheap is that the fingerprint scanner doesn't stick out too much. You should be able to glide your thumb over the keyboard to hit the space bar without stumbling over it with your thumb because you forgot to slightly raise your thumb. Or are we supposed to regularly use WD-40 as lubrication?
    Now that would annoy the hell outta me, aside from the fact that I can see a lot of people busting that button after a short while.
    01-10-17 05:16 PM
    I didn't say it shouldn't have it. I just said it's not all its cracked up to be. And yes you are right, i spend most of my time at home and office and you know what I'm doing with my phone during those times? USING IT. Which is why setting it down to charge and picking it up every 5 minutes simply defeats the purpose of the wireless charging as it interrupts the charge every single time (wired charging doesn't do that). Which is why I said if it worked more like a wireless play station or Xbox controller then it would actually be extremely useful feature. At this point, it is not.
    Really? At work I'm usually working. And at home, I'm... well... not checking my phone every 5 minutes. I spend time with the wife, eating, playing with the cat, etc...

01-10-17 05:50 PM
136 ... 23456