| | 01-06-17, 11:36 AM Thread Author #1
What suggestions for improvement do you have for TCL re: the "Mercury"?
I'm very exited to purchase this phone. Thank you TCL for continuing to provide qwerty phones to us loyalists.
Of course, I also rather would have seen an all black phone, but I think it's actually a cool looking phone nonetheless.
I'm actually glad that they merely introduced this pre-production phone to us and that they will have at least another month or 2 for some "nip/tuck" or tweaks or whatever you want to call it. For all we know, people @ TCL are reading these forums to see what they can still improve after they showed us the pre-production model and want to gauge Crackberrians thoughts re: the matter. Of course, we don't know what will be inside (everyone hopes for a powerful battery among other things), but after seeing the mini vids of CES on you tube about the "Mercury", this is what I hope will (still??) be included in the end product:
1. SD Card slot (In all the Youtube videos I only see a single slot on the right side above the volume rocker; presumably for the SIM card) ???? I forked out a lot of money for my 200 GB SD Cards, it would be a waste to not being able to use them when recording 1080p/4k??? [EDIT: It probably has a dual card tray: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...torage-1096454 but in that case, support for USB Mass Storage is paramount for those who have to take out the SD Card constantly after the removal of USB MASS Storage support since the release of Marshmallow].
2. Mute/pause (middle) Button (there is now only a single volume rocker)???? Where did it go???? This is part of BBs/RIM's DNA.
3. Not a fan of the headphone jack on the top of a phone. I prefer to have it on the sides or at the bottom. It's annoying to have it at the top with the wires going all over the place when watching longer Youtube vids for instance.
4. Re-arrange the buttons on the right. With the Priv you constantly press the buttons when making phone calls. It doesn't seem that the buttons are placed less unfortunate on the Mercury. Yes, many people still use phones to make calls.....
5. I'm psyched that the convenience key seems to be back, but why not place it a bit lower like the 9900 = right next to the keyboard?
6. RBG Led indicator (not only red). This is part of BBs/RIM's DNA.
7. The best possible back camera (less MP but higher sensitivity: Mercury camera?) and the best possible selfie cam, preferably with optical image stabilization & a flash & torch possibility like the back cam has. 7 Best Selfie Smartphones with Good Front Camera (2016) - Candytech We can't deny that a great selfie cam is what can set a phone apart nowadays.....
8. I prefer the back camera in the middle. If it sticks out like it does now, with the cam ring in the middle (like the Privs) it would then at least lay more stable on the table. But more importantly, you don't get these stupid "mirroring images" (or however you call it) that mirrors the photos that you take when the cam is placed on the left or right side. When I still used the Iphone due to the placement of the Cam and that subsequent mirroring, many photos were directly moved to the trash because it always captured my "bad side" (where the receding hair line is worse) LOL. That's why I loved that they put the back cam in the middle with the Priv.
9. Hopefully it's hardened gorilla glass that protects the front and back camera. Not that weird and easily scratched plastic that the Priv has.
10. Perfect GPS units. Many peoples Privs have GPS issues and keeps trying to find signal/sattelites. Blackberry Priv GPS Issues
11. USB Mass storage tweak for Nougat. USB Mass Storage Mode on Priv?
12. Bring back the clickiness of the Keyboard. Not that mushy Priv keyboard.
13. I hope the Fingerprint scanner doesn't stick out too much. You should be able to glide over the keyboard to hit the space bar.
14. I don't know what happens to the front and back cam. Will it be TCL-Made or the same (Schneider-Kreuznach) that we know from the Priv/DTEK50/60, but I hope the "breating artifects" of the cam will belong to the past:
Camera: Faster autofocus (video)?
Removeable battery, Dual SIM, and Toolbelt (with trackpad) will probably not happen but hey, who knows, lol.
P.S. I wonder what happens with the Android buttons (triangle, circle, square) when watching a movie in portrait/landscape mode??? I hope they hide automatically. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yboard-1096680